Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

No news, but I had a thought (yes, it did hurt).

What episode number will we be on when they finally decide to find out who is in Letty's grave? If there hadn't been somebody's burned remains in her car in #4, they wouldn't have had a funeral. They would have been searching the hospitals.

So:

#4 Letty dies, gets buried, gets avenged.
#6 Letty isn't dead but has amnesia; everyone is so busy being glad she's alive that they don't think of her grave.
#7 Letty gets her memory back at the very end, says she "remembers everything."
#8 No mention of who is in her grave. Does she remember and just shrug it off? Then they get busy chasing babies and submarines, and she submissively accepts her new stepmomhood.

This is what happens when you keep retconning things, I guess.

It just leads to big tunnel to a reprogramming center where Han is finishing up his new evil persona by the true big bad who's been pulling all the strings since the beginning, Toretto's long lost foster brother who got him into stealing VCRs in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Gatts posted:

They’re gonna bring Gal Gadot back next

They should unironically bring her back as Wonder Woman.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

Introducing Dom’s brother this late in the franchise seems odd, but in reality John Cena has been in every F&F movie, we just couldn’t see him.

It'll come out that in the secret Statham murdering Han footage from before, Cena was actually standing by with a fire exstinguisher and a medical staff to pull Han out and convalesce him over the last 3 movies.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I hope one of them is the evil Jet Li from The One.

Unironically would almost be a clever cross over that could explain how Shaw (and the others) are drat near superhuman.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

With the way these movies are progressing, it would be a legit shame if the Rock doesn't at least have a decent cameo in the final movie of the series. Eva Mendes as well. Hell, with the way death has been treated, Gal Gadot and Elsa Pataky might as well re-emerge unscathed for the final Fast and Furious: Family Reunion.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

She was absolutely done dirty since Letty came back. Fell in love with Dom, stepped aside gracefully, had his baby, raised it herself and got got for her troubles.

And honestly, with Cipher being who she is and how much they handwave bullshit tech, they could easily explain it was a fake/hologram/illusion/literally-anything and have it emerge that Elena was in on Ciphers scheme the whole time for some greater cause.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm going to call it right now: the tagline for 10 is going to be Fasten your Sea belts.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm an Asian American who was in college when BLT came out and I found it extremely disappointing at the time--so many of my peers were hyping it up so much as a big point of pride and representation, but it felt so lacking in substance. That ending especially was ehhh.

That said, I'm glad it led to better things for both the director and Han.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

High Warlord Zog posted:

I imagine Gal Gadot will be back in some capacity now that they're officially doing no more Wonder Woman movies

Of all the "deaths" that people suffered over the series, hers was one of the more plausible ones to actually survive. Heck, compared to some of the things people visually survived, she was done dirty.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Heck, I half expect Cipher to end up a family member by part 11, revealing that Elena was actually hit with some Hi-Tech stun or tranq gun and is ready to share joint custody with Dom.

If they really want people invested in a villain, make it so that person has killed Brian off screen before the movie starts. There's no face turn from that.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm pumped for Han to get his boo back.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2 as a favorite is like having Troll 2 as your all time favorite movie. So bad it's curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

White House Down was practically a GI Joe movie anyway.