Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Who the gently caress was asking for this? She’s both the worst character and actor in the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's a change from "vengeful brother" I guess.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I'll say, because it's kind of a funny parallel, remember how The Rock starred in a GI Joe sequel that vaguely killed many fan favs off screen? More the studio's fault I'd figure. How do you not have Scarlett, Baroness, Hawk, and I find Marlon underrated as Ripcord too, etc etc. Many more. Still a fun movie for Cobra Commander and Jonathan Pryce as President Zartan. That is one movie where the villains were way more lovable.

That said, Hobbs did rock for a while, especially in 5 and 7. Just caught Furious 7 recently too, so good. Mondo pumped for Fast X.

Channing Tatum's character was killed because he hated the first movie so much that he literally begged the studio to let his character die.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There's always a new sister/brother in this franchise. Also, Momoa's character is really annoying. He's like the Joker with brain damage.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CornHolio posted:

Saw this. Was pretty let down. I loved 5-7 and I think that's when the series was at it's best. 8 was alright, 9 was completely forgettable honestly. I watched it, I know I watched it, I completely forgot it. Like, completely. I forgot that John Cena was in it. I forgot that Alana died, apparently. This series is burdened by its own canon. There are too many characters, too many switching sides, too many coming back from the dead, to keep track of them all. I couldn't figure out why Hobbes wasn't in it. Even while watching the movie I couldn't figure out why characters were fighting (first Han and Jason Statham, then the two girls).

Apparently Diogo was in a previous movie, which makes it sad that he died..i guess?