Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone posted:

Yeah, but if I have a really powerful flashlight that emits super-bright light and I turn it off, it doesn't somehow suck in light from the rest of the room. The "magnets" here could suck metals to them and then shoot those metals away. Now matter how powerful a magnet is, if you turn it off the metal stuff to it just falls away, it's not propelled.

Exposing ferromagnetic metal to an intense magnetic field aligns the domains and makes it into a magnet itself. That, in fact, is how permanent magnets are manufactured.

Therefore, the metal objects picked up became strongly magnetized with a polarity aligned with the existing field (which is the lowest energy state). If you then reverse the electomagnet's polarity, these newly-created magnets would be violently repelled from the car.

As long as we obey the laws of physics, the scene makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone posted:

"Trucker with a gun" will turn out to be Cypher's father.

Nah Mr. Nobody is Cypher's dad.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fast & Furious: Temporal Drift

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lemme spoil the next movie for you: Cipher is Mr. Nobody's daughter, they end up having a heart to heart and learn the value of family.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Payndz posted:

Fast X Jason.

Imagine going back in time 21 years and telling Hollywood "one of the movies in this year's box office top 20 is going to start a ten-film-plus-spinoffs franchise worth billions, and I don't mean Harry Potter - guess which one?"

'wow lord of the rings is getting a lot of movies'

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spielberg decides to come out of action movie retirement for one more job

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I assume the series is gonna end with the reveal that Cipher is Mr. Nobody's daughter, because family.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I mean they already cged his brother into him, i guess it technically wasn't a 'deepfake' but it was someone else in the role.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

stratdax posted:

Two films? It's gonna be three. Fast X, Fast X part 2, Fast X part 3. Just continuing the absolute nonsense that is the F&F naming scheme.

My prediction: Paul Walker returns in part 2 post credits, and is fully in part 3.

Fast XXX: the Handbraketurn of Xander Cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You don't like tokyo drift???