Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm still waiting to hear back on my The Fast and the Furious/Muppets crossover.

No I'm serious, it could totally work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The real question is where will Cena fit in Hobbes' harem?

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 1, 2020

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gatts posted:

We will one day get Michael Bay’s Fast 12 with Transformers. Just you wait.

Han and Hot Rod, Prime and Luda, Vin and Bumblebee, Tyrese and Wheelie. Charlize is going to shoot Megatron and kill an Autobot

I said it before but I'd rather see a crossover with The Muppets.

Dom: Sould l I keep a tough job, we're gonna need a little help.

Mr. Nobody: I know just the guy

Kermit: Nice to meet you Mr. Toretto, I'm Kermit, Kermit T. Frog.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My pitch for the final fast movie is an alien overlord blows up the Earth and the team have to steal a time machine so they can go back to the past and team up with their past selves to stop it from happening.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 8, 2020

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Other ideas I have are a comic crossover with the Batman Family (Roman meeting Alfred:"yo these guys have a Butler why don't we have a Butler" Tej after being airlifted on the BatBimp and discovering it being piloted by Damien: how old are you HOW OLD ARE YOU",) A Fast and Furious Christmas(with Santa being played by Dave Bautista,) and Fast and Furious Kids.

EDIT: Fast and Furious Transformers crossover.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 8, 2020

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

The MSJ posted:

There is already F&F Kids on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtwx1rvd-eA

Yeah I saw that on there, but I meant them reimagining the team as kids. Hobbs however is still played by The Rock

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I was thinking more Saints Row 4 then endgame. Basically the team doing space adventures to steal a time machine. Save the time travel shenanigans for the finale.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
gently caress that, she's her wife. Let's get some queer representation going.

Also other plot idea about my The Fast and the Furious in Space. So the plot is about the team trying to get their hands on a time machine so they go back in time and team up with themselves to stop the evil alien overlord (played by Keanu Reeves) from blowing up the Earth. They plan to do this by busting out the dude who made the original time machine (which Keanu uses to keep his hold on power.) So he's being kept in this supposedly inescapable prison that only one woman has ever escaped from. So they track down this mysterious person who nobody knows anything about prior to her escape but has afterwards been traveling across the Galaxy kicking all kinds of rear end and has become something of a living legend. They finally meet her and it's Giselle and she's missing an eye and has a robot hand that turns into a pew pew laser gun.

If you can tell I'm letting my inner child run wild on this.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So some guys have made their own remake for The Fast and the Furious for around $100 bucks and only staring the two of them as a way of passing the time during quarantine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFvudZKlNs

Also I got a thread where I watch all the movie over in the BlockBuster Video subforum:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930404

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Doing 2 Fast 2 Furious Simulwatch tonight tune in now for Sanic Speedruns for additional gofast:
https://cytu.be/r/davewatchesstuff

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So what's better than the franchise going to space?

How about loving DINOSAURS?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...HmQp?li=BBnb2gh

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well there a limit to how much you can blame Cena for that he's a professional wrestler after all.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually I was thinking, you know how Roman joked about running into the Ninja Turtles?

Why not? I mean both properties are about Family and ridiculous spectacle. It be perfect. And plus with Roman's increasing idiot badass credit, he needs to get some ninja kills down stat.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd say leave Giselle dead. Bring back Elane. Giselle simply died. Elane on the hand got done real dirty.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
One thing about this franchise people take for granted is that it started a good while before the MCU and the subsequent franchising started. Back in those days you got three films and that was it. Series' like The Godfather and Rocky which made a fourth were an exception, with the latter being the exception the proves the rule for example. There's another timeline where this francise is financed by some shifty eastern European production studio and starring some WWE D-lister and Danny Trejo, maybe Ron Perlman if they're lucky and Guillermo Del Toro is doing something more artsy than pulpy.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 6, 2021

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

WhyteRyce posted:

Rewatched the first 4 movies. It’s fun pretending John Cena, Kurt Russell, and Jason Statham are just lurking around in the background out of focus in every scene

I would have loved it if the went back and just inserted Statham just giving Han the murder eyes into Tokyo Drift.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The should bring back Leon. But the twist is while Dom and his crew were out doing there thing he just became a average middle age dad. That way you got a great straight man since now we got Roman just going with the flow now with the whole "learning to take things on faith" thing in 9.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd say bring in Hattie Shaw to replace Brian. She'd be able to fill that role almost perfectly but her dry sarcasm would be enough to differentiate her from him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

The United States posted:

quicker than watching the whole 3 hour movie again

Hey Don't threaten me with a good time, pal.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The way I would have done it was that the bullit didn't kill her her, just put her in a coma, either Nobody or Queenie just secretly squared her away somewhere with her reported death being a cover to keep Cipher from trying to leverage her again.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Im going to call it right noe: the tagline for 10 is going to be Fasten your Seatbelts.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
She's playing Brianna, who is Brian post gender reassignment surgery.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well the typical way of estimating the budget is to take the production budget and double it. So using that, guestimating how much a 300m dollar budget would have to make to turn a profit would be something close to a billion. And yeah even with the film being a big blockbuster franchise tentpole entry that's still a pretty tall order.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 4, 2022

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mandrel posted:

me, I was

if Han survived Gisele easily could've survived

I hope she comes back with a sick road rash scar

Or do what I'd do. Just say "gently caress it, time travel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

WhyteRyce posted:

Going ape poo poo on Vince for putting Mia in trouble. What happened to that guy

I think he meant more Dom's ego and narcissism that you could see at time in the first movie. Like his first line in the franchise was "STOP IT. YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME." when Vince picked a fight with Brian at the sandwitch shop at the beginning of the first film. He also got into a big shouting match with Vince over his pretty much instant trust in Brian too. That had pretty much disappeared by the sixth movie. Obviously what happened was Vin's actual ego made him decide that his character can't be protrayed as anything short of perfect so he had ot axed.