Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

DC Murderverse posted:

man it really sounds like Julian Castro has some personal beef against Beto

Worth noting that the Castros have been sore at O'Rourke for more than two years now – ever since Beto jumped into the 2018 Senate race that Joaquin Castro, Julián’s brother, thought was his for the taking.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/26/us/politics/democratic-debate-live-chat.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

The Filibuster has helped the Democrats stop many many many terrible things the Republicans have tried to do. It's a double-edged sword.

It hurts the Democrats (party of proactive government) far more than Republicans. Especially things like healthcare, social security, and other benefits - as we saw with Obamacare once you get that passed it's impossible to repeal.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1144058895863832577

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1144054764445061126

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

My brain hurts.

More complex than a wild idol play and live tribal council in modern Survivor :wtc:

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1144070470347698176

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Tomorrow night is gonna be the good night

Yeah tomorrow is gonna be gold

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Warren, Booker, Castro, maybe Inslee. I'd be ok with having De Blasio around if he agrees to poo poo on Biden every time when they're on the same stage together

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
I hope Yang talks about circumcision tomorrow

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Really bad questions so far.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Lmao at Gillibrand, Bennet, Hickenlooper going after Bernie

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

lmao all of these fringe candidates are garbage

Lmao Swalwell just nuked Biden, I'm fine with him now

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The moderators last night were infinitely better than this, this crew is loving dogshit

these people are anchors? on tv???????

Its the exact same moderators man lol

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Can we get a question on trade? I feel like that's one of the few issues where the candidates would have significant differences in opinion.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, absolutely. I've been joking about Pete being the sort of guy capable of killing folks with a straight face for this entire primary, except it's not entirely a joke. Guy definitely gives me some Patrick Bateman vibes.

It wouldn't be with a straight face

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Tibalt posted:

Criteria for 2nd round of debates:

The DNC's outline for its September debate — the third of at least a dozen promised matchups during the 2020 nominating contest — decrees that candidates can participate only by reaching 2% in four approved polls released between June 28 and Aug. 28 while also collecting contributions from a minimum of 130,000 unique donors before Aug. 28. That donor list must include a minimum of 400 individuals in at least 20 states. The qualifications would remain the same for an October debate, though the party hasn't set the deadline for measuring fundraising and polling.

So most of the current faces will probably make the second debate, but art least half are going to be off stage come Fall.

I'm part of another forum where they looked at the donors and polling, and if you took April 28 to June 28 polls, Biden/Buttigieg/Harris/O'Rourke/Sanders/Warren are locks for the September debate, Booker is very likely to make it, Klobuchar has tailed off a bit, and Yang/Castro/Gabbard are the only other ones with a pulse. The others are DOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Biden bragging about passing the watered down stimulus and the Bush tax cuts deal is giving me PTSD to Obama desperately trying to cut deals with Republicans at every turn