Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man I cant wait for the expansion, what's everyone doing on this final day?

Im doing all the smn quests since im switching to that for a main and didnt do any of them when leveling scholar.

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Make it Rain is still on, right?

Probably gonna try to knock out some of my Gold Saucer challenge log after work.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Make it Rain is still on, right?

Probably gonna try to knock out some of my Gold Saucer challenge log after work.

I don't think it is. It ended Sunday.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm going to get ready to start leveling CON/WHM and use a fantasia today so whenever I get around to logging in on friday I'll be good to go

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

remember to get naked before you log out as well!

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I've set up my dungeon challenge log so I can log in and do one roulette and clear three entries with it, hoping that can get my dancer to 61 to do HoH. I'm still leaning towards doing the MSQ as Red Mage. I don't think I want to bother trying to set up levequests or anything. Maybe some hunts.

I am quite glad to see that a form of custom deliveries for EXP will be available for DoH/DoL from the start in Shadowbringers. I feel like an alternative to grinding/leves has been needed at launch for a while for those classes; it's well and good that SE goes back and adds deliveries/beast tribes later but I want them capped well before 5.1. Somewhat apprehensive of the 3000 Control bonus cap for Inner Quiet, but we'll see how it plays out.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I am going to clean up materia and organize what items I can. I'll spend the first evening moving 200 items into the dresser and figuring out what I want to keep and what to turn in for seals. My retainers and inventory are a mess because I haven't wanted to get rid of anything this close to the patch. I think I'll level DRK-> SCH/SMN -> MCH so I can do all the role quest lines.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

queeb posted:

remember to get naked before you log out as well!

Why?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cant fantasia if you have gear equipped. if you plan on doing that. gotta remove everything except your weapon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hype for the lion man race.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I still have a little Stormblood MSQ to finish and going to pop a fantasia. I'm going Viera for at least a bit.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Is logging out in limsa for dancer a terrible idea?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know what's super hosed up? Summoners aren't going to be able to pet their carbuncles anymore after today.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm literally shaking

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

You know what's super hosed up? Summoners aren't going to be able to pet their carbuncles anymore after today.

I'm not sure, the line "Pet HP will no longer be displayed when targeted" suggests that you can still target pets. You just can't use abilities on them. I would imagine you can still emote. Unless you meant something else.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Since it was asked in the previous thread: the 90 FPS cap is likely because the game's collision detection starts to take a poo poo at 100+ FPS, such that there's at least a few walls in the game already that you can clip through. It's likely that there were enough in Shadowbringers that they decided to throw on the hard cap to keep people from skipping ahead.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

I didn't quite level fast enough (I'm new) so I've got a few levels to go before I can take up GNB but I'm still excited :toot:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Gotta cap genesis and figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow since I'm off work until the 8th. I guess I'll...go outside? Ugh.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I'm excited to drink and get naked and wake up as a bunny girl

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I need to run Jimlit Dark to finish up the MSQ. This will be the very first expansion I am actually able to play on release despite playing since before ARR.

Having a kid really puts a hurting on the MMO life. But she is older now and loves watching FFXIV and she loves my Catgirl and she wants a bunny girl of her own.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magil Zeal posted:

I don't think it is. It ended Sunday.

i just found out about make it rain and now it's gone rip phantom shield

still kind of torn on dropping SCH for WHM. I did a keeper of the lake and hoo boy did i get my rear end kicked without my fairy to carry me when people got hit by the billion AoEs

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 26, 2019

Terrene
May 1, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEtyODeiCQ

anime hrothgar is cute

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Blast of Confetti posted:

i just found out about make it rain and now it's gone rip phantom shield

A single pvp roulette gets you enough wolf marks to buy the shield through the rest of today

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

A single pvp roulette gets you enough wolf marks to buy the shield through the rest of today

I thought Garo was still active though 5.1? That's what the official post said a while back.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Thundarr posted:

I thought Garo was still active though 5.1? That's what the official post said a while back.

Oh possibly, I thought it was dying with 5.0 but maybe Im getting it mixed up with the moogle event

e; oh yeah its still around to 5.1, my fault

Either way though a single frontlines roulette gets you enough for the invisible shield

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
You can also get the shield with MGP, it's not dyable but as previously mentioned, it is invisible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

small bird pudding posted:

Gotta cap genesis and figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow since I'm off work until the 8th. I guess I'll...go outside? Ugh.

I'm cooking a bunch of food tomorrow so I can spend as little time away from my computer as possible this weekend.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I want to watch this anime.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's no longer possibly for me to cap Genesis tomes but I don't even care, it's just gonna convert to Poetics anyway.

A reminder that priming your FATE challenge logs is pointless because those entries are being replaced with different FATE challenges. Getting dungeon challenges and clan hunt books ready to complete on Friday won't hurt though.

Hope you've been sending your squadron off to get battle xp scrolls!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Thundarr posted:

A reminder that priming your FATE challenge logs is pointless because those entries are being replaced with different FATE challenges.

It's a good idea to go ahead and finish them up now since they're going away. I did mine last night and got over a million XP as a 59 WHM.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

It's a good idea to go ahead and finish them up now since they're going away. I did mine last night and got over a million XP as a 59 WHM.

Yeah if doing them is worth xp for you right now then definitely do them today. But almost completing the challenges today with the idea of finishing them on Friday for quick xp will just end in disappointment.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

If i have a hrothgar appearance saved from the Benchmark do i have to move the file to get the game to recognize it and load it up on friday?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Probably gonna spend most of tomorrow speculating where that stegadon mount comes from. I need that sucker.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Nipponophile posted:

Probably gonna spend most of tomorrow speculating where that stegadon mount comes from. I need that sucker.

You mean the triceratops? I've got some bad news for you friend

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Ugh, I still can decide what job I want to level first or if I should race change or not!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Bland posted:

Well, there's my day ruined.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bland posted:

I guess Clan Nutsy from FFTA is the hunt clan in SHB.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bland posted:

:negative:

I'm sure there will be some other cool mount with a grind that I'm more willing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Gonna be nice to have a reason to play this again. I've been in maintenance mode for a while now; only logging in to check retainers and do custom deliveries.