Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
I'm trying to empty my old apartment so I can transfer servers. I've removed all indoor furnishings from my apartment to my storeroom, and I went to the lobby to vacate, but I can't vacate the apartment until everything is emptied from my storeroom.

How do I empty my storeroom? There is no option to do so from within the lobby.

Never mind I figured it out.

What a chore.

How do I determine what region in the US a data center is on? I live in Texas, so I'd like a server closest to me.

DEAD GAY FORUM fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017

Verranicus posted:

Anyone else just gonna take their time and do all the sidequests along the way? I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't mainline the MSQ and save sidequests for alt classes because it makes the narratives of the sidequests feel disjointed if you don't do them around when the MSQ takes you to them.

Now that they’re level synced plus with the fate reward system I’ll definitely be taking my time probably leveling two jobs at least along the msq and doing side content.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

So for some super dumb reason, even with a pre-order, you don't get the old expansions right away and only on the normal launch date, not even the early access... Which makes no sense because they give you right away an earring that boosts XP for levels 1-70...

Anyway it's not too bad for me since I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago, just came back to the game after like 1.5 years hiatus and I don't have Stormblood.

As a happy coincidence, I have a week off next week and I'm close to level 58 where I will be able to pick the next MSQ which is 58. My question is this. Since I only have up to Heavensward (so level 60 with free content patches up til Stormblood), how much play time do I have left until I'm locked out of the MSQ until Stormblood gets activated (I guess on July 5th when early access is done?)? I don't plan to poopsock but it would suck that I have like 10 hours left and then I can only grind other jobs/professions or stop playing until Shadowbringers finally activate my Stormblood.

I remember when I purchased Heavensward and came back to the game, I was still level 30ish and nearly burnt me out with a friend catching up the MSQ and the insane amount of quests that were dropping during the base game up till the expansion (we didn't expect so many hours just getting into Heavensward after hitting 50). If it's the same in the middle of Heavensward and Stormblood, I should have plenty of content for my vacation.

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I'm trying to empty my old apartment so I can transfer servers. I've removed all indoor furnishings from my apartment to my storeroom, and I went to the lobby to vacate, but I can't vacate the apartment until everything is emptied from my storeroom.

What a chore.

How do I determine what region in the US a data center is on? I live in Texas, so I'd like a server closest to me.

Aren't all NA servers located in California or something? So I think it only matters when you look at the EU or other regions servers.

Hemish fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 27, 2019

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

What a chore.

all the NA data centers are in the same place on the west coast

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sacramento, California to be precise.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So do we anticipate being able to download the patch/expansion during maintenance tomorrow, or are we stuck waiting until servers come up on Friday?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

it will be up for download at some point later tomorrow

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The patch will be up a couple of hours before maintenance ends

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Expansion patches become preloadable around about 5 hours after maint starts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
People are now forming actual lines from Revenant's Toll to the Crystal Tower.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Hemish posted:

As a happy coincidence, I have a week off next week and I'm close to level 58 where I will be able to pick the next MSQ which is 58. My question is this. Since I only have up to Heavensward (so level 60 with free content patches up til Stormblood), how much play time do I have left until I'm locked out of the MSQ until Stormblood gets activated (I guess on July 5th when early access is done?)? I don't plan to poopsock but it would suck that I have like 10 hours left and then I can only grind other jobs/professions or stop playing until Shadowbringers finally activate my Stormblood.

10 hours of reasonable pace is probably a close call to what's next. You should have about 6 msq dungeons, a couple trials, and a couple solo duties. Each 3.x patch is probably an hour or two of quests, cutscenes, and combat.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

People are now forming actual lines from Revenant's Toll to the Crystal Tower.

They did that for Raubahn too and I loved how mad they got when you "cut" in line.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Verranicus posted:

They did that for Raubahn too and I loved how mad they got when you "cut" in line.

A thousand people waiting in line to fix his jerks stupid door so he'll stop calling me and my friends.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

I'm going to assume the servers are a mess right now, because I got the email after my server transfer telling me it is complete and I can log in. When I do, no characters are available, and the world in the upper right corner is not a world I've played on nor the world I moved to.

Guess I'll try tomorrow :shrug:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I'm going to assume the servers are a mess right now, because I got the email after my server transfer telling me it is complete and I can log in. When I do, no characters are available, and the world in the upper right corner is not a world I've played on nor the world I moved to.

Gonna be hard with the all day maintenance

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Right now there are a lot of people on doing final prep so probably.

I spent 4 hours organizing bags, storing old currency, figuring out what's going in the glam chest and deleting out of fashion glam plates.

I'm ready to become what I must.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

This is like the worst possible time to be doing that sort of thing.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

This happened to me during the data center reorganization. If you moved to a server on a different data center and have no characters on your old one, it'll do this. To fix it, you pick your new data center on the title screen before the character selection.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

So one of the prep things I was doing for ShB was going back and doing some of the old content I'd skipped past while doing the MSQ since I'd heard a lot of it might end up being relevant to the story; I managed to get pretty much everything except the Heavensward 24-Man and 8-Man raids done in time. Are either of those likely to be important going forward? Should I take some time to do those before starting the new MSQ quests once servers come back up, or will I be okay diving right into Shadowbringers?

And a related question. I noticed when talking to Unukalhai after finishing the Warring Triad quests that his dialog mentioned the story of Shadowbringers; I guess the devs must have updated his dialog in a recent patch. Do ya'll think he might feature into the plot of ShB despite being an older and non-MSQ NPC?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when do ShB codes become available so I can stop messing with SE's janky rear end web design

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Automated Posting posted:

So one of the prep things I was doing for ShB was going back and doing some of the old content I'd skipped past while doing the MSQ since I'd heard a lot of it might end up being relevant to the story; I managed to get pretty much everything except the Heavensward 24-Man and 8-Man raids done in time. Are either of those likely to be important going forward? Should I take some time to do those before starting the new MSQ quests once servers come back up, or will I be okay diving right into Shadowbringers?

And a related question. I noticed when talking to Unukalhai after finishing the Warring Triad quests that his dialog mentioned the story of Shadowbringers; I guess the devs must have updated his dialog in a recent patch. Do ya'll think he might feature into the plot of ShB despite being an older and non-MSQ NPC?

The Heavensward raids will likely not have anything to do with Shadowbringers. The ARR Crystal Tower line might.

Quite a few random NPCs get updated text based on quest flags. It would be nice if Unukalhai had stuff to do, but I doubt he will.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The Heavensward raids will likely not have anything to do with Shadowbringers. The ARR Crystal Tower line might.

Quite a few random NPCs get updated text based on quest flags. It would be nice if Unukalhai had stuff to do, but I doubt he will.

Cool thanks. I got the Crystal Tower stuff done already so I should be all set for the expansion then.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I need to rewatch all the crystal tower cutscenes (and preferably, quest text/dialogue) on youtube, because it has been YEARS since I did it. I mean, I remember the gist of it, and the raids themselves are fresh in memory, but I forgot enough details of the plot involving NOAH that I'd like to get myself a refresher all the same.

Also, I made an album of the screenshots I took during the PBC group photos last night, wherein I center the camera on myself way too much https://imgur.com/a/q9ehBqt

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rest in piss, orb.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Friendship ended with shock orb, now Auto Gundam is new best friend

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Farewell Stormblood, you were certainly an experience. Both good and bad.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

when do ShB codes become available so I can stop messing with SE's janky rear end web design

On the actual release date if you're talking about the SE store.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Kerrzhe posted:

If i have a hrothgar appearance saved from the Benchmark do i have to move the file to get the game to recognize it and load it up on friday?

Looks like the benchmarks saves is in an area where the game will see it. I checked list me and cloud see my bf's Hume chara from benchmark in the full game with load appearance

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Strap in fuckers, the Job Guide and Complete Patch Notes are here.

Time to go colonize the first shard in Rowena's name.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Reksi posted:

This happened to me during the data center reorganization. If you moved to a server on a different data center and have no characters on your old one, it'll do this. To fix it, you pick your new data center on the title screen before the character selection.

I try to, but only Primal has a star next to it, and I can't select any other data centers. I'll chalk that up to the maintenance before I begin to Freak Out.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheHeadSage posted:

It's not new news, but I'm still amused they let Caster DPS keep Addle as a role action. I'll probably continue to almost never use it.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

TheHeadSage posted:

Looks like they solved some of my summoner concerns by... nerfing Ruin (compared to the media build). Well, it's a solution I suppose.

Oxyclean posted:

It's not new news, but I'm still amused they let Caster DPS keep Addle as a role action. I'll probably continue to almost never use it.

I'll certainly be using it a lot less often now that it doesn't trigger Wyrmwaves.

Edit: I am disappointed that the random 15% chance to get Ruin IV procs has been removed entirely and now it's only triggered by Egi Assaults. Not only will it make the class less reactive, but it overall reduces the power of weaving. Still, there's probably a good timing for popping all your Egi Assaults during DWT/FBT so you can then use the Ruin IVs for weaving Energy Drains/Festers when you're not in DWT or during Demi-Bahamut.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 27, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gunbreaker gets an AoE combo and an oGCD 123 combo. And literally Regen on a 60 second timer? It's looking pretty cool tbh.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'll have a small amount of time before work tomorrow to try stuff out. Debating whether to advance the story a bit or mess with GNB. Though what's likely to happen is everything is broken and no one gets to play, or I spend all my time waiting in a login queue.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I was thinking about resubbing for Shadowbringers after completely skipping stormblood. I mained Warrior in ARR and HW. I thought about switching to DK back in my time, but I wound up being kind of unimpressed with them. Based on the previews, gunbreaker seems more my style, but then again it doesn't seem deeply far departed from Warrior either. I just want to be a giant man with a giant weapon and a tiny speedo running headlong at the bad guys.

Edit: Didn't Blue mage get released when I was gone? I noticed the Shadowbringers preview left them out. Is BLM just something that we don't talk about?

Edit 2: Oh, doing some googling shows that BLM is a minor class that doesn't get to eat at the adult's table at thanksgiving. I guess I understand why it would have to be that way, still...

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 27, 2019

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

DeathSandwich posted:

I was thinking about resubbing for Shadowbringers after completely skipping stormblood. I mained Warrior in ARR and HW. I thought about switching to DK back in my time, but I wound up being kind of unimpressed with them. Based on the previews, gunbreaker seems more my style, but then again it doesn't seem deeply far departed from Warrior either. I just want to be a giant man with a giant weapon and a tiny speedo running headlong at the bad guys.

Edit: Didn't Blue mage get released when I was gone? I noticed the Shadowbringers preview left them out. Is BLM just something that we don't talk about?

Blue mage is basically a self-contained side activity that cannot interact with the rest of the game

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not sure what to think about this, but I don't think it's going to be good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1144259369317670912

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Daddy of Light 2: Leather Daddy of Darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I'm not sure what to think about this, but I don't think it's going to be good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1144259369317670912

Converting anime to live action never goes well.