Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Thundarr posted:

I'm not sure what to think about this, but I don't think it's going to be good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1144259369317670912

Who on earth wants this and not the exact opposite thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't wait to see live action Lalafell. They will be horrifying

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I can't wait to see live action Lalafell. They will be horrifying

Oh god...

I was just thinking of the general cringiness of it all. I hadn't even considered lalafell.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Hell yeah get Peter Dinklage to play Lolorito. Or maybe Pippin.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Live action Titan feast questline here we come

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Live action Gilgamesh.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Magil Zeal posted:

Converting anime to live action never goes well.

Alita was alright.

And then there was...uhhh...does Detective Pikachu count?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rhonne posted:

Alita was alright.

And then there was...uhhh...does Detective Pikachu count?

Absolutely, because the Pokemon in that were pretty rad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pharohman777 posted:

Live action Gilgamesh.

worth it

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So who is gonna play Hildibrand Manderville?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
aaaaaaahhhhhhh can't take it anymore

http://twitter.com/cb_0_/status/1136434335299465216

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Just a bunch of addicts jonesing for a fix...

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Well, I just started playing less than 2 weeks ago, currently halfway through the ARR patch quests on the way to HW. The average cutscene quality has definitely gotten better in these quests. Currently Bard, but wanna try out Astrologian when i finally make it to HW.

Anyway, can we not even download anything until the maintenance is complete?

E: Should read the thread first. Got the answer.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Unless you hate cheesy comedy, Be sure to play the Hildibrand side quests. They’re good fun and started out as an excuse to push the game’s facial animation system hard with goofy stuff so they could improve the serious stuff. (And it paid off big time, facial expressions get so much better later on).

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

This being the first time I'll be going into the expansion as it releases, I wanted to ask: will the EXP from doing the MSQ be enough to take a class to 80 on it's own, or will I need to regularly do roulettes and stuff as well for EXP? Was hoping I could save them for leveling a second class alongside my main, but I don't want to accidentally put myself in a situation where I end up underleveled for the MSQ.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Automated Posting posted:

This being the first time I'll be going into the expansion as it releases, I wanted to ask: will the EXP from doing the MSQ be enough to take a class to 80 on it's own, or will I need to regularly do roulettes and stuff as well for EXP? Was hoping I could save them for leveling a second class alongside my main, but I don't want to accidentally put myself in a situation where I end up underleveled for the MSQ.

You probably will need to supplement your exp gains on your main job. I've had to in both Heavensward and Stormblood. It's hard to say how regularly and how much, but I mostly just dungeon spammed (as a healer).

Doesn't have to be roulettes. The new fate system might be good, dungeons are always good, scaling side quests might work.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You shouldn't even need to spam, just do a couple roulettes this weekend and you should be good if its anything like SB

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Unless you hate cheesy comedy, Be sure to play the Hildibrand side quests. They’re good fun and started out as an excuse to push the game’s facial animation system hard with goofy stuff so they could improve the serious stuff. (And it paid off big time, facial expressions get so much better later on).

Even if you do hate comedy, just skip the cutscenes and do it to unlock the trials which are Good Content.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

:same:

I've mostly decided GNB to 70 and then see how I feel about it or RDM for MSQ. Optimization wise, RDM is the easy way to go but....GNB might win my heart.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GNB really does seem like an interesting job while still being distinct from the other three tanks. I might even be tempted to level it up before Dancer.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Gnb being more dps-like is a huge draw to me, along with the changes they made to tank stance. Getting gnb to 70 is one of my goals for sure during my vacation. It's the only thing tempting me from samurai.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I remember being shocked towards the end of the 2.0 MSQ when bespoke animations started showing up in cutscenes. I was just "holy poo poo, actual production values all of a sudden".
Then I got to Hildy and I got real loving confused that they apparently made an entire farce of a quest chain with cutscenes that had more effort put into them than the main story.

Of course, then I learned just how rushed 2.0. It's amazing what the devs can do now that they aren't as horrifically rushed as they were back then.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Veotax posted:

Of course, then I learned just how rushed 2.0. It's amazing what the devs can do now that they aren't as horrifically rushed as they were back then.

Yep! Also helps that, while there's still pressure (and probably some crunch, ugh), it's more "let's keep this good thing going" rather than "we must save this game and our employment."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Failboattootoot posted:

Gnb being more dps-like is a huge draw to me, along with the changes they made to tank stance. Getting gnb to 70 is one of my goals for sure during my vacation. It's the only thing tempting me from samurai.

Granted, I didn't play for 3.0 and can't speak for the changes, but I remember WAR being pretty dps-y for ARR and HW.

On paper it seems like WAR and GNB are going to be kind of stepping on each others toes in terms of flavor.

I'm reading the changes for the ranged physical classes and I'm kind of intrigued. It looks like they are stripping most of the support (and RNJesus) off MCH and making them a straight DPS class, kind of like the ranged equivalent of a SAM. BRD is going to be the big group support ranged physical, and Dancer is going to live somewhere in the middle, basically focusing on supporting one other person in your group.

I've got all of Stormblood and the last patch of Heavensward to work through once I get in. I'm probably going to primarily level WAR for the easy duties, but I'm thinking DNC is probably going to be my secondary. I'm already a giant Roedude with a giant axe and a tiny speedo for WAR, let's see how deviant I can get for DNC.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Pharohman777 posted:

Live action Gilgamesh.

But who will play Enkidu? (The chicken one, not the primal one. That Enkidu will obviously be played by Sean Bean.)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Granted, I didn't play for 3.0 and can't speak for the changes, but I remember WAR being pretty dps-y for ARR and HW.

On paper it seems like WAR and GNB are going to be kind of stepping on each others toes in terms of flavor.

I'm reading the changes for the ranged physical classes and I'm kind of intrigued. It looks like they are stripping most of the support (and RNJesus) off MCH and making them a straight DPS class, kind of like the ranged equivalent of a SAM. BRD is going to be the big group support ranged physical, and Dancer is going to live somewhere in the middle, basically focusing on supporting one other person in your group.

I've got all of Stormblood and the last patch of Heavensward to work through once I get in. I'm probably going to primarily level WAR for the easy duties, but I'm thinking DNC is probably going to be my secondary. I'm already a giant Roedude with a giant axe and a tiny speedo for WAR, let's see how deviant I can get for DNC.

Dnc is way more supporty than bard now.

As for war, it's dpsy in the sense that it does good dps. It doesn't really play like one though, at least to me. GNB having a fair number of oGCD's is the main thing I mean.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Veotax posted:

I remember being shocked towards the end of the 2.0 MSQ when bespoke animations started showing up in cutscenes. I was just "holy poo poo, actual production values all of a sudden".
Then I got to Hildy and I got real loving confused that they apparently made an entire farce of a quest chain with cutscenes that had more effort put into them than the main story.

Like I said, still not to HW stuff, but I like how I can tell a cutscene is voice acted before anyone says anything, because the framing is immediately much more dynamic than the unvoiced ones.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Never mind.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

eeeeeeeeeee 10 hours to go

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Where the gently caress is the download my lovely internet needs a good 10 hours to prepare for this :argh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thundarr posted:

I'm not sure what to think about this, but I don't think it's going to be good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1144259369317670912

Garbage bag armor glams coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

new thread, sorry was out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892748