Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
People aren't 'flocking' to warren from bernie, her support is from old and rich folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
one candidate will say "shut the gently caress up liberal"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
who the gently caress are these people please cut down the debates to 5 candidates or lesa

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

logikv9 posted:

who the gently caress are these people please cut down the debates to 5 candidates or lesa

counterpoint: add candidates

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
new debate feature: text your candidate's name to 42069 to vote for them speaking next

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

someone come up with a drinking game

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

trumpism should be a word you drink on

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

People aren't 'flocking' to warren from bernie, her support is from old and rich folks

Wall Street is begging for "anyone butSanders" and the corporate media is pushing her as "diet bernie" which will cave on everything as soon as the general starts because she'll be taking corporate money. We saw this poo poo with Obama already and I don't want yet another President who fucks off to Billionaire Island after 8 years of all our lives getting progressively worse, pun loving intended.

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
Sanders on MSNBC now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drink every time julian castro's name is mentioned or he speaks or someone speaks to him or if someone looks at him

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Agean90 posted:

Matt Taibi has one made. I think do a shot every time access or accessibility are said

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Agean90 posted:

drink.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
^^ :argh:

Agean90 posted:

drink. keeping drinking

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i'm not watching this poo poo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Drink when Warren says "I have a plan"
Drink when Beto says something with any kind of accent.
Drink when Booker mentions the streets.
Drink when Castro mentions his twin.
Drink when Tulsi mentions Hawaii.
Drink when Inslee answers a question without mentioning climate change.
Drink when Klobuchar try to make a joke or quib.
Drink when de Blasio mentions his family.
Drink when Delaney or Ryan has to explain who he is.
Drink when Maddow mentions Russia.
Drink when any moderator brings up Bernie.
Drink anytime the moderators ask the candidates to raise their hands.

Chug if Warren's Native American Heritage gets brought up.
Chug if Beto directly implies he is a poc.
Chug if Booker mentions T-Bone even indirectly.
Chug if someone actually confuses the Castros.
Chug if Tulsi's old homophobic positions get brought up.
Chug if Inslee cries on stage.
Chug if Klobuchar physically intimidates anyone.
Chug if Ryan's Mafia connections gets brought up.
Chug and don't stop if de Blasio or Delaney "wins" the debate.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

*in it's morning in America voice* it's debate night in America again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

You can skip the first debate. None of those losers are gonna be the candidate

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

right who in csapm want to watch the losers fight for king of the poo poo heap??

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

While true, the likelihood of hilarity seems high, to me, which is why I will be watching and liveposting like it's :tviv:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it is a Crime that michael avenatti is not on the stage

the second edebate stage

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
a system should be set up by which all threads for liveposting the debates are closed except the 10 with the most engagement

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Professor Skittles posted:

I'll continue to support Sanders. But people are flocking to Warren for a reason.

She definitely has the momentum and I really hope Bernie kills it in the debates to get some support back.

The media has definitely propped up Warren lately and I understand that. She did a really good job in her recent town halls and I think that somewhat accounts for her recent lead. Bernie needs a bit more mainstream coverage. The debates will help that.

First, people aren't flocking to Warren. Her polling average has gone from 9.8 in may to 12.4 now. Hardly a surge. There's the impression of a surge because every poll that she does well in gets immediately broadcast all over the place, while the several that she is double digits behind Bernie gets ignored. Additionally, the demographics that she is doing well in are older, white, making over 100k, which are overrepresented in media. But they are also not Bernie's base.

As for how detailed Warren's policies are, that is also bullshit being pushed by disingenuous third way types. Bernie has actual bills, that he has actually put forth complete, on M4A, college student debt, taxes on the wealthy, etc. Warren has mostly sound bites, not complete policies. For example, her tax on the wealthy isn't detailed anywhere, and while at first sound radical, the truth is that a tax on wealth would be trivially easy to bypass. Set up a trust, move it to Swtizerland, etc. and suddenly it's not your wealth anymore. Bernie deals with this by both adding a much larger estate tax while also adding taxes on the transfers of financial instruments.

It's not townhalls that are propping up Warren, it's that she has received nearly twice the media attention that Bernie has for a couple of months now, all of it completely positive. If the media ever moves on to someone else, what will happen is the same as what happened to Harris, Buttigieg, etc. She will go back to her 8-9%.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

redneck nazgul posted:

it is a Crime that michael avenatti is not on the stage

the second edebate stage

He sucked. Rest in piss avenatti cucks

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Could be some good theater tho

I'd LOVE to see someone really talk some Truth about Trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

also it's a given that something bananas is going to happen tonight. this may be the one chance these also-rans get to make an impression and they're gonna be throwing poo poo at the wall

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

right who in csapm want to watch the losers fight for king of the poo poo heap??

Pull up archives and see who watched the 2016 GOP debates and I'm sure you'll get a rough guess.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i say swears online posted:

also it's a given that something bananas is going to happen tonight. this may be the one chance these also-rans get to make an impression and they're gonna be throwing poo poo at the wall

:hai:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Warren is good actually and the primary coming down to between her and Bernie is the ideal scenario.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Avenatti is going to jail and it's going to be good and great.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Warren is good actually and the primary coming down to between her and Bernie is the ideal scenario.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1143965227605811201

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That would be nice :unsmith:

I'd liked a stage with Sanders and Warren together where they just one-two dunk on anymore more moderate than them.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god i hope there's a rick-perry-unable-to-name-3-departments-to-eliminate moment in one of these

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want to go to the debate in Detroit next month, is there any way I can do it aside from impersonating a rich donor?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I want to go to the debate in Detroit next month, is there any way I can do it aside from impersonating a rich donor?

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2020-debate-schedule/2020-debate-tickets/

Contact the DNC or the local party. That's about the only aves you have unfortunately.

There was nominally a sort of raffle for the upcoming one, but no details
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article231560838.html

quote:

Not a mover and shaker? You can cross your fingers and hope for the best. The Democratic Party’s website has a form you can fill out to request tickets, though its disclaimer warns that “due to limited seating and extreme interest, most requests will not be possible to accommodate.” A Democratic staffer who recently spoke with Florida Democratic Party chair Terrie Rizzo said the tickets will be distributed through some sort of lottery, but details were hazy.

Edit: I do sort of understand limiting access in some way since these are televised live and the DNC doesn't want to look embarassed if some rando makes a scene at the debate (other than the randos on stage). That said, them not opening up suggestions on who to invite in a more public and open manner is about the shadiness you'd expect from the DNC.

Xelkelvos has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Jun 26, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Warren is good actually

thesis disproven right out of the gate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
for many years, you have all been asking yourself, who is beto o'roarke. i am. hello, how are you.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Drink every time Warren looks like she’s about to go REAL wild by sleeping in until 8AM, cheating on the Harper’s Weekly word puzzle, and not returning her library books on Washington flood plain erosion by the due date

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Drink every time Cory Booker mentions he once used to listen to Tribe Called Quest and his favorite song by them is Scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Drink every time Julian Castro uses a thick Spanish accent to pronounce “Latinos and Latinas”