Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Setting this up to see if there would be interest in a Goon Best Ball draft. I’m using Fantrax for the first time, and would accept the default scoring except to change passing TDs to 6 and eliminate defenses.

Positions: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 non-qb flex

It would be a slow snake draft with 8 hours per pick and a sleep timer. I’m hoping to have a 12 team league but could stretch to 16 if there is enough interest. It’s a 20 round draft with restrictions on number of positions so someone can’t draft 20 QBs, etc.

This would be my first best ball league, but once you draft, that’s it. No waiver pick ups, no substitutions, the computer automatically selects the best lineup out of all your players. You draft, you watch, and at the end of the season, the one with the most points gets all the glory.

For this year since it’s an experiment, it would just be a free league. I’ll send the winner an avatar certificate or something similar. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll send you the link. Thanks!

Team Owners - Names:

Silly Burrito - Chonk Tiger
Ben Nevis - Ben's Best Ball Boys
Jabro - Team Jabro
Pain of Mind - Pain of Mind
Sataere - Team wismail
89 - 89 Best Ballz
Drunk Nerds - The Fantom MeNoahce
Braksgirl - Dat Cat rear end
LesBeardly - I've Got Best Balls

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm interested, would be nice to get to know Fantrax ahead of the GFB.

When were you thinking of launching it?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I would be interested.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm in. I like best ball leagues, because once they're drafted, they're done.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm interested, would be nice to get to know Fantrax ahead of the GFB.

When were you thinking of launching it?

I'm ready to draft, so if we can get everyone in, we can start July 1st (next Monday). If people are ready sooner, that's fine too.

PMing everyone who has responded with the signup link now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Por qué no?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If it's best ball, I'm down for it since I don't have to worry about team maintenance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Everyone should have their links that have responded in this thread. Thanks all!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm ready to draft, so if we can get everyone in, we can start July 1st (next Monday). If people are ready sooner, that's fine too.

PMing everyone who has responded with the signup link now.

My bday is tomorrow and will be out of town inebriated until Sunday. If we can wait until Monday to start the draft cool, but if not don't let me slow us down. I am a fully functional alcoholic drafter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

My bday is tomorrow and will be out of town inebriated until Sunday. If we can wait until Monday to start the draft cool, but if not don't let me slow us down. I am a fully functional alcoholic drafter.

First, happy birthday! :)

Second, I'll be in Houston myself for this weekend, so Monday is probably the best day for me to start as well. But if everyone is ready sooner, I'm good either way. I'm kind of curious to see how Fantrax works as I've never used it before.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would be interested, curious how different the strategy would be between drafting for a best ball and using a salary cap.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I would be interested, curious how different the strategy would be between drafting for a best ball and using a salary cap.

Well, for one, in a best ball draft, you won't have a salary cap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

PM sent.

I don't know the optimal strategy, but I'm going to draft the guys who score the most points. NO KICKERS!

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Interested but I'm likely to be without cell service for most of July 4th-7th, and I'm guessing that will overlap with the later rounds.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LesBeardly posted:

Interested but I'm likely to be without cell service for most of July 4th-7th, and I'm guessing that will overlap with the later rounds.

I think you'll be able to set up a list of players to draft in case you can't make it. Sent you a PM if you still want to join. But at the worst, it would just autodraft for you after eight hours.

Edit: Yeah, it's on the front page under league notices: Rank Players For Draft

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Cool I joined! drat Fantrax is ugly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
2 spots left!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Hopefully that draft order is not finalized yet, it does not have me first.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 28, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

Hopefully that draft order is not finalized yet, it does not have me first.

You haven’t sent me the payment yet. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Assuming no one else joins by tomorrow night, I’ll just lock it and make it a ten team draft. We’ll see, but I’m ready to go.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'll get two more goons in later tonight when I'm at my comp

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay filled it up to 12
Fyi, if any of you are ever in a league with me and need to fill it out, PM me. I can always fill out a league with obsessive fantasy fans

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Okay filled it up to 12
Fyi, if any of you are ever in a league with me and need to fill it out, PM me. I can always fill out a league with obsessive fantasy fans

Awesome, thanks for your help! I’ll check when I get home to see if there’s anything else I need to do or if I can figure out the random draft order, but we start tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, I assume this is the draft order and that it won't change. I can't guarantee it since I haven't used Fantrax before, but here it is.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
drat the 1.01 is going to a guy who will be fast asleep when the draft starts. I'll pick Saquon as soon as I can guys

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Neat, the worst spot. (AKA as any spot I have, because I am the worst)

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 1, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

Hey, you're the decision maker on how the rest of the draft falls out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Challenge accepted

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 1, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
And away we go. Barkley, CMC, and Kamara already gone.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Zeke too.

Which is to say it's Team pain_of_mind's turn.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I essentially wanted any spot besides 5, because outside of the obvious top 4, there is really no difference between 5 and 10 in the first round. At least at 10 my pick would hopefully be more obvious. I will make my pick soon, it is so early in the year that I have not done any research yet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I essentially wanted any spot besides 5, because outside of the obvious top 4, there is really no difference between 5 and 10 in the first round. At least at 10 my pick would hopefully be more obvious. I will make my pick soon, it is so early in the year that I have not done any research yet.

Honestly, I don't think there is that much of a fall off from four to five. You still have Gordon, DJ and Hopkins. poo poo, you could make a case for Conner, Adams, Julio, and Thomas.

Gordon is severely underrated this year. If he isn't hurt in the last quarter of the 2018 season, I think he's in the top four conversation.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Honestly, I don't think there is that much of a fall off from four to five. You still have Gordon, DJ and Hopkins. poo poo, you could make a case for Conner, Adams, Julio, and Thomas.

Gordon is severely underrated this year. If he isn't hurt in the last quarter of the 2018 season, I think he's in the top four conversation.

That is kind of the point though. A bunch of players are equivalent, both making it harder to choose and making the 5 pick somewhat wasted value compared to 9 or whatever. Still thinking!

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 1, 2019

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Pick is in

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

That is kind of the point though. A bunch of players are equivalent, both making it harder to choose and making the 5 pick somewhat wasted value compared to 9 or whatever. Still thinking!

Oh I agree. I love the swing this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The auto picks queue does not autopick

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

The auto picks queue does not autopick

I think it's only triggered if you wait for 8 hours.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Or maybe not...did you have this set to 1?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I like playing fantasy football. Hate drafting. This is painful.