Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Or maybe not...did you have this set to 1?

I just went here and set this to two. I'm going to see what happens. If I don't autodraft immediately, it's broken. I set it for my next two picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Or maybe not...did you have this set to 1?

Ah good call I had it set to "don"t"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I just went here and set this to two. I'm going to see what happens. If I don't autodraft immediately, it's broken. I set it for my next two picks.

Don't forget to click "autodraft from queueue only"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm honestly surprised Hopkins made it all the way to 10.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Braksgirl posted:

I like playing fantasy football. Hate drafting. This is painful.

Somehow you managed the absolute worst format for that then.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Don't forget to click "autodraft from queueue only"

Yup. Did that.

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, that surprised me too. Also Bell going first round. Really excited to see how this turns out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

Yup. Did that.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Also Bell going first round. Really excited to see how this turns out.

I set this up for a new work league as well where we already have two or three other leagues that a majority of us participate in. It's going to be interesting to see how different people draft, but last year we had back to back drafts (Friday night, Saturday morning), and it definitely caused people to notice our draft tendencies. I snuck away with Adrian Peterson in the very late rounds in two of the leagues, but damned if someone didn't almost jump me 3-4 rounds in the last one.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm surprised to get Melvin Gordon at #7. I know he had injury problems at the end, but he was Gurley Tier before that, his name just isn't as shiny.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ben Nevis posted:

Somehow you managed the absolute worst format for that then.

It's because I'm a good wife.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
gently caress YOU ALL AND YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE GREAT PICKS!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

gently caress YOU ALL AND YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE GREAT PICKS!

:same:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

So was I. I almost mashed but thought he maybe was available because he might have literally died in the last couple hours so Googled to make sure he was still alive before tabbing to mash the draft button. Then I get JuJu after the turn in a 3WR 1pt reception league. I win.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I was debating between him, Gordon, and Johnson at 5.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dunno how long it was on me. But Melvin Gordon, meet Antonio Brown/you were almost Mixon.

I have mixed feelings on Brown in Oakland. But, if he has been the best WR in football for the past 5 years. I'll take the over. And Amari Cooper sucks. Carr has a great deep ball.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

I dunno how long it was on me. But Melvin Gordon, meet Antonio Brown/you were almost Mixon.

I have mixed feelings on Brown in Oakland. But, if he has been the best WR in football for the past 5 years. I'll take the over. And Amari Cooper sucks. Carr has a great deep ball.

It's a good pick. I was hoping he'd slide just a bit further, but I knew he'd probably be taken.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I will take Mixon because I hate myself and this is what I deserve

8th-11th looking really good for draft spots right now. Feeling pretty good about my auction 4ever lifestyle

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Silly Burrito posted:

It's a good pick. I was hoping he'd slide just a bit further, but I knew he'd probably be taken.

Actually, I briefly forgot it was Best Ball. AB84 is an excellent best ball pick half way in the 2nd. I happy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I was hoping for Brown here, but I feel like Evans would be decent in best ball since he seems kind of boom or bustish.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Was glad to get Allen at 2, was hoping Cooper to Hilton made it back, but no luck there. Not too excited about Diggs, but we do have 3 WR, so it seemed the wise choice.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I love Diggs in the third. Second year with cousins, and he's got the talent.

In other news, one of our writers had to talk me out of going Kittle over Mixon, yesterday, and then Kittle came back to me. Everything's coming up Drunk!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So the autodraft worked pretty great, outside of me opening my phone right when I got on the clock and getting a huge air horn. Which was dumb, because it still autopicked for me. Why make the noise just to draft for me.

Ben Nevis posted:

Was glad to get Allen at 2, was hoping Cooper to Hilton made it back, but no luck there. Not too excited about Diggs, but we do have 3 WR, so it seemed the wise choice.

You had no chance at Hilton or Cooper. I took Hilton second knowing Spoeank wouldn't let him fall to me. In turn, Spoeank took Freeman to spite me. Little did he know AJ Green was the guy I really wanted. But if he'd taken Green, Cooper was gone to me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I was close to grabbing Ertz instead of Damien Williams, but top tier TEs seem devalued in best ball. Don't have to worry about week to week consistency

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

89 posted:

I was close to grabbing Ertz instead of Damien Williams, but top tier TEs seem devalued in best ball. Don't have to worry about week to week consistency

Yea, the problem with TEs is that few are consistently good, but in best ball you don't really need consistent. I was close to grabbing Ertz both in the second round and third round.

ITT giving opponents strategies.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 2, 2019

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I never have a strategy other than "pick someone who won't suck" so you're good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Braksgirl posted:

I never have a strategy other than "pick someone who won't suck" so you're good.

This is what I did no matter what delusional fantasies sataere might have

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

This is what I did no matter what delusional fantasies sataere might have

Don't mess with my FFFF (fantasy football fan fiction)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

You had no chance at Hilton or Cooper. I took Hilton second knowing Spoeank wouldn't let him fall to me. In turn, Spoeank took Freeman to spite me. Little did he know AJ Green was the guy I really wanted. But if he'd taken Green, Cooper was gone to me.

Yeah, it was a long shot. But hey, you've gotta have dreams.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now it’s time to start scrounging for RBs.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, Williams and Fournette are pretty much the last ones and then it's a free fall.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Yeah, Williams and Fournette are pretty much the last ones and then it's a free fall.

Couldn't disagree harder

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Couldn't disagree harder

Shhhhhh!

Yup, no good running back left, here. Better leave 'em alone for some sucker to draft, mmm hmmm

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Shhhhhh!

Yup, no good running back left, here. Better leave 'em alone for some sucker to draft, mmm hmmm

I meant Fournette and Williams being good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I know, I know, conventional wisdom and wait for a quarterback and all that, but man, Pat Mahomes was just staring me in the face like a lost puppy begging me to take him at the bottom of the fourth.

So I did.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

To be fair, I stare at you like that too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Team Wismail, how well is the auto pick working for you? Noticed you picked immediately after I grabbed Mahomes and after Spoeank picked Watson. Is it following your queue order?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Team Wismail, how well is the auto pick working for you? Noticed you picked immediately after I grabbed Mahomes and after Spoeank picked Watson. Is it following your queue order?

It's working perfectly.

Edit: my average pick time is two seconds. The rest of you scrubs need to step up your game.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 3, 2019

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Best ball James White....cool with it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

It's working perfectly.

Edit: my average pick time is two seconds. The rest of you scrubs need to step up your game.

Could be worse. In my other league that started yesterday, we only got five picks in all day.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Could be worse. In my other league that started yesterday, we only got five picks in all day.

I'm just messing around. Two rounds a day is a great clip for a slow draft. I've just been queuing up 14 players after I draft and letting it work itself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Even when it’s a slow draft I still get impatient. The only other slow draft I’ve done is Drunk Nerds’ first Fish Bowl and the frustration of knowing your pick three in advance and just having to wait can be intense.

Then someone picks your guy in front of you and you fly into a :argh: rage and have to take your time lining up a proper substitute.