Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Only got the chance to play about 20 minutes before leaving for work this morning, but yup, this is more Mario Maker.

I assume most people are designing levels undocked with stylus, right? How decent are the design controls using a controller while docked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tnega posted:

Level uploaded: It's Incisive Social Commentary!
4RH-C1S-FKG
Level is a dumb joke level. Please clap.

This made me laugh.

Don't even try to attack the debt, just wait until the banks die from the rising poison of their own making, which gives you the key to unlocking your financial freedom? :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Am I completely thick or is there now way to save a level in Maker mode so that I can resume designing it later? I cant for the gently caress of me find a way to save my WiP levels and have already lost like three hours of work on two different levels by assuming theres an autosave

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Basic level that I workshopped last night while sorta drunk. Still trying to get used to putting myself in the right creative mindset for designing levels.

It has some parts that are a bit hard and one bit that requires good timing, but otherwise it's really short. No real coherent design philosophy behind the whole thing, it's mostly various little gimmicks bolted to each other.

53Y-1NC-78G

Drone fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 29, 2019

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The Kins posted:

Put together a new something.

Venture into an abandoned shack and put a stop to the nefarious Octomancer, Ikarus!

Really enjoyed this one!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'm not at all an Amiibo person but I desperately want one of a Toad wearing a hardhat.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So I didn't play much MM1 and am pretty much scrub-tier when it comes to figuring out how to design a decent level. Here's one that I've been workshopping after watching that Ceave design video in the OP. It's definitely not what I'd called finished, as there are some parts of it that I want to flesh out a bit more. Overall though I wanted it to be more like a "classic" level and not full of dumbass gotchas or overly obtuse puzzles.

Would love some feedback on what works, what's poo poo, and areas to think about!

Take Down the Rocket
XV1-NQ6-5FG

Drone fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 6, 2019

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So I'm getting tired of playing Mario Maker with Joycons and analog stick.

Should I go for an official Pro controller, or the cheaper (and multiplatform) 8bitdo SN30 Pro?

Anyone have experiences with that particular 8bitdo on the Switch (or specifically for Mario Maker)? I have the older and smaller N30 Pro for use with my smartphone while travelling, and I like it but... it's so small. Whereas I think the SN30 Pro is the same size as a normal SNES controller (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

BUT! Single player? Zero issues.

Boom, there it is. Ordered!

How's the rumble? Not specifically for MM, but for other Switch games?

Drone fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 19, 2019

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's the worst looking theme by a long shot. though i'm told it has interesting movement stuff you can't do with the others.

I like it mostly for the "WAH WAH" in the music. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Wanted to report back on my first few days of using my new 8bitdo SN30 Pro with Mario Maker. It's been pretty fantastic, and getting frustrated by controller responsiveness or issues with the joycon analog controls is a complete thing of the past. Though I havent tested it with any other non-MM2 games yet, I dont really foresee anything but awesome gaming with it.