Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
Everyone in this thread who supports Kamala is going to vote for Trump in the general election of they vote all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

has anyone at all said good things about kamala's plan in the last twelve hours? literally anyone

She'll be in an interview within the week saying the exact opposite so who cares.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
Biden old. Sanders loud and old. I pledge to vote for the most fuckable candidate on the primary ballot.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Chilichimp posted:

idk if Beto is helping or hurting his chances at Senate by staying in this presidential race.

The six or so people outside of Texas who even know who Beto is are all laughing at him so I can't imagine humiliating himself on a national stage is gonna help his career.

buddhist nudist fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 3, 2019

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Armack posted:

I hope so but I want to point out how much the goalposts have moved. We went from "Biden will implode as soon as he announces" to "Biden will implode after his announcement bump fades" to "Biden will implode when the public finds out he doesn't give fuckall about women's boundaries" to "Biden will implode when he gets attacked by other candidates" to "Biden will implode when he starts sundowning at debates."

Now we're predictably at "Biden will implode because he will lose IA or NH" and my questions for anyone who thinks that are the following: (1) what evidence justifies the belief that Biden will lose IA or NH that couldn't also apply to some of the above campaign milestones? And (2) did you think the whole time that IA or NH would be what wrecks Biden or have you been repeatedly underestimating how durable his support is?

I agree with you that anybody who thinks Biden is destined to fail is seriously deluded, but pre-primary polling isn't exactly ironclad and IA and NH results have an outsized impact on the rest of the primary.

If Biden gets dumpstered in the initial primaries, whoever beats him has a solid shot at the nomination.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Terror Sweat posted:

Biden is going to fall and break a hip

Biden is going to challenge Tump to how many hips they can break while falling live on stage.

It will have more voter impact than every debate.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Armack posted:

I agree about the impact of IA and NH, especially IA. You have to go back to 1992 to find a Democrat who won the IA caucus but didn't win the nomination and even that was because IA senator Tom Harkin was running. But Biden seems poised to win IA and it's hard to see what would lower his chances there that hasn't already been happening to him, other than maybe a new health scare.

Fair. I haven't been following state-specific data enough to comment on his IA chances, I'm just a member of a DNC-scorned state so I know I'll get to watch the initial votes and dropouts before I have to commit.

Let me hold onto ignorance and hope. It's all I've got.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

lmao "if you're literally a terrorist we'll still let you have a gun, but it'll be expensive to keep it."

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Gatts posted:

Mayor Pete should spend the rest of his work life behind a desk doing some analytics for some corporation on how soybeans are doing. I think that's the best fit for him. Out of the way.

He did do math so good in Afghanistan that it defeated the Taliban and ended all the violence which is why that war is finally over.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Aside from the fact that Obama sucks, I'm not sure mentioning Buttigieg offhand alongside such luminaries as Tim Kaine and Michael Bennett as being the future of the party is a particularly stellar endorsement. "Who do I think is the future of the party? Well here's a list of people who are neoliberal shills just like me."

Reminder that uglycst thinks Putin personally murdered Seth Rich to sink her campaign so arguing from reality is a mistake.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

look joe knows that americans don't want politics to be a mean mud-slinging contest. what americans want is to go back to the days where politicians said what they said but at the end of the day every politician from both parties clocked out and hit the bar together like the wolf and sheepdog in the old looney tunes cartoon

You joke but this is unironically what a very large number of very stupid old people want .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
I support a Biden vs Trump debate, because two melty-faced senior citizens flubbing their lines, wandering off and making GBS threads themselves on live TV might force this country to have real healthcare out of sheer embarrassment.