Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

T-Square posted:

Thanks all. Gonna make me cry at my desk again this morning.

She is far more intelligent than I, and has a pretty good handle on how things work in general medical-wise. If she thinks she's getting hosed by someone she won't hesitate to reach out to someone else.

That being said, her best friend since elementary school comes from a ritzy doctor family, and her father has gotten my girlfriend and her doctor in touch with who he believes is the best oncologist in the area. So fingers crossed he can help us. I'm just very angry at the fact that this could have been caught weeks ago, which probably would have been a huge swing in favor of her outcome.

We just moved in together two weekends ago and finished moving the rest of her stuff in yesterday. This sucks.

E: This is another thing that is greatly bothering me:

Her and her doctor and radiologist assumed going in that it was some sort of gall bladder issue, and did an ultrasound. Radio silence. A few days passed before they called and said there were multiple masses on her liver that weren't cysts, we need to schedule an MRI. Radio silence. We couldn't get in anywhere for a week, and the MRI was last Wednesday. Radio silence. They waited until the very last minute on Friday (like almost 6:00PM) to call with her diagnosis. At least now her doctor seems to be realizing the severity of the situation and has already reached out to all of the necessary people first thing this morning to get everything that needs to be done, done as quickly as possible.

At least you'll be closer to her for emotional support... That's loving rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Outcomes are getting better for cancer, but it's still going to be a pretty rough time.

Accountants and administrators keep screaming about doctors over-ordering tests and it's a horrible burden put on doctors, but it's ultimately the patients who suffer, because the doctors get their paycheck either way

In lighter news, antique store score.

I'm just gonna ignore johnny reb so i can enjoy the british and the bismark getting hosed up.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The #1 human hand still makes for a good way to find poorly insulated HT leads on a running engine. Oops.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

daslog posted:

I want a dashcam for my truck. I'm not an uber driver or anything, but something to record accidents and police interactions.

suggestions?

Galler posted:

Ars had some suggestions on dash cams recently
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06/guidemaster-the-best-dash-cams-to-guard-your-every-drive/

I don't trust any of the Chinese options to work when I need them or for the companies to even exist in a year so I'm going to get a Garmin at some point. Probably the Garmin 66W.

There is a dashcam thread, but if you are serious then get something from Street Guardian USA. They're active on the dashcam talk forums and have very good support. It's not worth gambling with a G1W or whatever cheap poo poo that might not actually work when you need it. See if the newer Garmins use a battery or capacitor, as the old models would overheat the battery and shut off.

Also I'm waiting for the day we cure cancer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Finally brought an end to my car buying saga. Got a 2015 Acura RDX. Bought directly from the original owner with 28k miles. The thing is flawless inside and the outside has never been touched, but has virtually no marks.

I suck at taking pics for my projects thread, so no before pictures (other than this one that doesn't show anything), but it was covered with dirt and tar and sap. A few hours under the skilled meatpimp hands and it looks 100% better, and I'm just getting started. It'll look brand new when I'm done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Biopsy procedure tomorrow afternoon, PET scan on Thursday morning, and appointment with the oncologist Friday afternoon.

Here we go, I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hooray!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Season 3 of Stranger Things was really really bad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

fridge corn posted:

I disagree completely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was lots of fun. Will is totally useless though. When the do the modern day follow up we'll see Will as the first person to adopt the "incel" label.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KakerMix posted:

I disagree completely.

It wasn't terrible, but it was generally blah. Fundamentally farfetched, but enjoyable after you suspend disbelief a bit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Fun game, find the coolest russian version of your car!

https://www.drive2.ru/cars/?all

Unsurprisingly, there aren't a lot of first-gen RX-7s:
https://www.drive2.ru/cars/mazda/rx_7/g1221/

Those are super-rare wheels.

I think I like where this one is going:

Love those widened steel wheels. Also, it's a 2.9 Ford V6. I imagine rotaries are even more rare there than, well, a lot of places.

Powershift posted:

There are 2 anime cars, a gulf car, and a 911 with beetle bodywork to make it look like herbie

:iia:

Holy poo poo even the bumper and horn vents. That is awesome.

fridge corn posted:

That's disappointing.
Probably still going to watch it.

Also, gently caress cancer. Scariest poo poo ever. That and dementia/alzheimers are my biggest fear.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Will was obnoxious throughout. Hopper was a shouty abusive shadow of his former self. There was no mystery or suspense to the horror. Russians (???). Leaned so heavily into blatant 80s nostalgia that it made me feel dumber by watching it. That last one was ny far the biggest problem I had with it tbh. Embarrassing really

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Will was obnoxious throughout. Hopper was a shouty abusive shadow of his former self. There was no mystery or suspense to the horror. Russians (???). Leaned so heavily into blatant 80s nostalgia that it made me feel dumber by watching it. That last one was ny far the biggest problem I had with it tbh. Embarrassing really

They were busy making both Russians and communists the bad guys instead of developing a show about the bad guys in an alternate dimension

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I had a great time with it. I enjoyed it a lot more than season 2 :shrug:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It was pretty bad.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

I think I like where this one is going:

I am very confused about the raging hardon I have right now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am very confused about the raging hardon I have right now.

If it lasts for more than 4 hours, consult an erectrician.

Somebody brought me legos

full six. can collect fit

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

If it lasts for more than 4 hours, consult an erectrician.

Somebody brought me legos

full six. can collect fit

Heck yeah, a Kettenkrad!

edit: also, erectrician.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those crafty motherfuckers padded the parts count :argh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So three weeks after my accident, no payout for my car yet. Geico thinks it's fair to offer me private party value for my car.....I'm not selling it to you assholes, I need the retail value since that's what it's gonna cost to replace it! When this is over I'm done with Geico.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

BUT YOU SAVED 15% OR MORE ON YOUR CAR INSURANCE!

And now you see how.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If you're eligible for USAA, never don't have USAA.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Geoj posted:

Looks like an (Austin) Mini Van, built from 1960 - 1983.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's a Mini Van. That particular one is a Leyland version built on the MkIII Mini (aka the Clubman), so that would make it about the late 70's.

Thanks! I had thought it was a Mini but the apparent angle of the front end in that shot made me reconsider. Good to know.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah I am. Been thinking that or Amica. Gonna talk to both when this is all over.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

This is my favorite thing of the day:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/cars-zero-60-mph-3-sec-under-70000/

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The only way it could have been better would be if number one was a regular cab short bed Silverado with a choo choo boi.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah, they're not always the cheapest, but when a lady ran a red light causing me to t-bone her, with witness accounts and a police citation they waived my deductible, cut me a check in three days for the top possible KBB value for my Mustang (more than I had paid for it a year before) and immediately paid all the medical bills for my girlfriend's broken arm, I called them right after the ambulances left and while they were towing my car and spreading absorbent on the various fluids, and they offered to ring me a taxi and pay for it.

Worth a couple extra bucks a month over GEICO or similar scumbags imo.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I just learned that BMW makes a loving FWD vehicle. God is dead.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Darchangel posted:

I just learned that BMW makes a loving FWD vehicle. God is dead.

They’ve made minis for like two decades mate

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Galler posted:

Ars had some suggestions on dash cams recently
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06/guidemaster-the-best-dash-cams-to-guard-your-every-drive/

I don't trust any of the Chinese options to work when I need them or for the companies to even exist in a year so I'm going to get a Garmin at some point. Probably the Garmin 66W.

Anker and Yi have been around for awhile. I know from personal experience that Anker makes a decent dashcam.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
tfw you re-read S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders" for the 20th time since you first read it at 12 and realize you're now older than Ponyboy's (age 14 in the book) dead parents were when they died in the car wreck. Sorry for the spoiler. Time loving flies.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:hmmyes:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

tfw you re-read S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders" for the 20th time since you first read it at 12 and realize you're now older than Ponyboy's (age 14 in the book) dead parents were when they died in the car wreck. Sorry for the spoiler. Time loving flies.

Holy poo poo you just brought me back to watching the movie across like three or four class sessions after we finished the book.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gently caress, 35 years on on this planet today. I decided to take two weeks annual leave for my birthday this year because I’m not 100% sure I don’t hate my new job or not yet..

Went out with friends for dinner tonight. I’ve realised that I don’t have the biggest friends group in the world but the ones that I do do have are the greatest bunch of misfits and idiots a guy could ask for.

I’ve spent the whole day playing Minecraft and day drinking talisker single malt scotch, went to a German pub with said friends for dinner and drank 3 steins of Dortmunder and now I’m sitting in front of a wood fire listening to Peking Duk and sipping on a glass of Johnny Walker green label. poo poo could be worse, if really could.

Happy loving birthday to me!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh cool, all of the doctors/radiologists/oncologists teamed up and got a plan of action together in one day for us to figure out how we'll need to proceed by the end of the week.

And then her health insurance said "Nah, you gotta wait."

I'm loving done with this country.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

In the doggy ER this morning as our Newfoundland is very suddenly very not well. What a month.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

In the doggy ER this morning as our Newfoundland is very suddenly very not well. What a month.

You think maybe smoke inhalation issues or something related to the fire? Sorry man that sucks :(

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah I am. Been thinking that or Amica. Gonna talk to both when this is all over.

Did he stutter? Get USAA. They're the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You think maybe smoke inhalation issues or something related to the fire? Sorry man that sucks :(

Probably not fire related, but they think overnight he had a rupture in his bladder or urethra, possibly from a bladder stone that didn’t show up on xrays last week (I got him into the vet last week because it looked like he was peeing slowly) - and his kidneys couldn’t take it. ER Doc this AM advised he had a poor prognosis of recovery and we were looking at $15k in surgeries to even try. Poor baby wasn’t even 2 years old. Happily chase those bunnies wherever you are, Teddy.