Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Fermented Tinal posted:

AA, what about a Kia Soul? It's boxy and quirky.

Second. My wife had one and it was a hoot to drive. I'd DD one if it came with a manual transmission that was decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

bird with big dick posted:

Related: I went to a Carmax for the first time and after saying hi to me and saying to let them know if I wanted to test drive anything as I was walking through the building into the lot where the cars are, they left me alone and I got to sit in and finger a dozen different cars without anyone bothering me. Is that how they're supposed to work or were they just short staffed or something?

I missed this earlier, but yeah, this is how CarMax works. My wife and I did our research on the cars we wanted. Both time we got to our short list of cars we liked, then we went to CarMax and checked them out. Every car on the lot is unlocked, so we were able to walk around and look over all the cars on our list. The first time we bought our Kia Soul through them. The second time, we figured out what we wanted, but went with Carvana because their prices were better. At this point, I don't think I'd bother with anyone else in my life because it's such an easier process. The price is what it is, they don't negotiate, financing was reasonable when we used it, and overall it's a painless process for both CarMax and Carvana.

Skip the Silverrock warranty, though.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Powershift posted:

You know, i was out looking at some very old tractors the other day and i got to thinkin.....

Homeopathic medicine suggests that water molecules have a memory, and that the more diluted a medicine is, the more potent it is. With metal being infinitely recyclable, there's very likely molecules of iron in your car today that were once in an old tractor. Maybe they were even a train car or a barbecue along the way. Maybe less reliable cars have molecules of less reliable equipment in them. Russian cars suck because old Russian tractors suck. German cars are so troublesome because all the iron molecules in them have a memory of when they were in contact with molecules from old Nazi tanks.

Maybe lemons aren't just cars built on a Friday, but just cars unfortunate enough to have molecules of an old Mitsubishi in them rather than molecules of an John Deere.

First bolting two engines together, now this?

Will you share what you're smoking?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Truck passed emissions! :toot:

I was concerned about the drive cycle not being completed since it was still showing a P1000, but it passed anyway. Thankfully, because Ford has a really lovely drive cycle procedure.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
saturn v had less buttons

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Also, make sure you learn to use the foam ones correctly. Roll them down, don't squeeze them. Insert kind of deep and hold in place until they expand. If you just smash them down, you can create wrinkles that act as channels to let sound in.

Foam + over the ear is best. I haven't been to NHRA since I was a kid, but it was so loud my eyes vibrated.... Which made it that much cooler

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh man, I forgot about that. That's the best part. See if you can score an engine part. My dad snagged a connecting rod for me when I was a kid.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Well, after very nearly six months, the engine for my wife's Tucson came in. Should be ready Tuesday :toot:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I feel like the lifted bro truck is the double stuffed oreo inside of a giant chocolate chip cookie of the car world. Excessive, looks better than it actually is, and just not that great.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mariooncrack posted:

While we're talking about peanut butter, crunchy or smooth?

Smooth, natural (peanuts and salt as the only ingredients).

Everyone is all concerned about eating bugs, particularly in our sleep... But no one worries about the creature feeding them to us

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Opened, read the quotes. "I deserve, I deserve, I deserve..."

Some of them never had to read Stephen Crane and it shows:

Stephen Crane way back in 1899 posted:

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

i.e. you deserve nothing, fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Costco, unless you need a memory saver (some Mercs, BMWs, and a few others) then go to Advance.

Costco doesn't install them, if that matters for anyone.