Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I recommended it in the old thread, but TheMcD's LP of The Closer just finished and it's absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Final Fantasy VII by Elentor
This LP is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy VII. A lot of us went into that thread thinking we knew everything about the game, but I'm pretty sure each one of us discovered at least one thing we never knew. It's very well written and informative.

Final Fantasy VIII by Cool Ghost
This LP is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy VIII. It shows that this game isn't as bad as people remember, and that it has a rich story and deep lore. Sadly, almost all of the is hidden, but Cool Ghost knows exactly where to look to find it. It's very well written and informative.

These are both great. I'm going to add a recommendation for Final Fantasy IX by The White Dragon. This LP is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy IX and the Hawai'ian cultural references that are peppered throughout the game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Make the banner a different color from the background. That's why people miss it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm putting in a request for CrossCode.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's not there. I guess it's a pretty big game, but people have done larger before. I'd also like to see it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Somebody started one a few years back and got about halfway through, but that's the only attempt.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Nothing's ever going to top Chewbot's LP of Animal Crossing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

surf rock posted:

I'm seeing several LP's in the archive for Final Fantasy VI, but are any of those particularly beloved? Thanks!

Blastinus's presentation is probably the best place to start if you're not familiar with the game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

We've had LPs of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World, but no one's done Cosmic Star Heroine. Could be a fun thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

SimonChris posted:

Someone has to take one for the team and actually play this.

Wholeheartedly seconded.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 13, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I prefer SSLPs in general, but I think this one will definitely need some videos at least.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

malkav11 posted:

Seems like it might get into (ahem) adult content.

The Steam reviews make it very clear that it doesn't.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'll follow the LP.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

How about some of the Ys games? There are LPs on the archives, but they're missing videos and don't have links to the internet archive.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Thirded.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Anybody feel up to doing an LP of Unavowed? There was a previous attempt but it got dropped due to the general state of the world in recent times.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

MythosDragon posted:

Can I ask for a run down of this Y2K poo poo?

It inspired :actually: and I think that really sums up everything about it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Suikoden 5 - do you need to know anything about the previous games?

No. The Suikoden games are all set in the same world and they share a lot of mechanics and themes, but in terms of plot 4 and 5 are pretty standalone. There are bonuses for people who know the previous entries but nothing essential.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Any good LPs of the Nier remake? I'm looking for something that highlights differences between it and the original.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'd like to see an LP of Norco if anyone's feeling up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'd like to see an LP of Chained Echoes.