Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Final Fantasy VII by Elentor
This LP is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy VII. A lot of us went into that thread thinking we knew everything about the game, but I'm pretty sure each one of us discovered at least one thing we never knew. It's very well written and informative.

Final Fantasy VIII by Cool Ghost
This LP is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy VIII. It shows that this game isn't as bad as people remember, and that it has a rich story and deep lore. Sadly, almost all of the is hidden, but Cool Ghost knows exactly where to look to find it. It's very well written and informative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Artix posted:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade for Three Houses but it is a massive game. Three (and a half) completely distinct routes at 30-50 hours a piece with god only knows how much exploration time depending on how completionist you want to be, not to mention recruiting from the other classes and balancing how much you want to show off... I'm sure someone will tackle it but good god is that person in for a ride.

Honest question: How does that compare to Breath Of The Wild and Octopath Traveler?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

whitehelm posted:

What do you consider "tolerable"? Every VLP I've seen involves "voice-acting" all the characters and reading everything, which most people on this forum don't like.

For me, absolutely NO going off topic. Talk about the game, what's going on plot wise, what you're doing and why.

The next to last VLP I tried to watch was the one where they played all of the Mario games, and it quickly devolved into talking about the Fast And Furious movies. I'm not here for that. I stopped following the thread at that point.

The last VLP I watched was Simply Simon doing the Gameboy Castlevania games. I watched them all the way through, the first VLP I've ever done that for. He talked about the game, the game play, what he was doing and why.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Super Mario RPG run through the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer. It's basically Final Fantasy IV: Free Enterprise for Super Mario RPG (though it also has a Classic option, where you play the game as normal, but with things randomized, albeit there are fewer randomization options that way). No preference for the LP format.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Good luck. I requested 6 once, and it fell off the list, and off the bubble.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 have been done. 6 and 11 have never been touched. 8 and 9 have been abandoned, though 9 does have one that's currently on hiatus, but not abandoned yet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gonna reup my request for Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - SSLP.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

Yes, that was it, thank you!

Doesn't look like it's doing so hot, though. I might just go on and do my own thread.

Maybe do like Mega64 did with his Final Fantasy V Challenge Megathread and encourage others to do and share their own run(s)?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Super Mario RPG run through the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer. It's basically Final Fantasy IV: Free Enterprise for Super Mario RPG (though it also has a Classic option, where you play the game as normal, but with things randomized, albeit there are fewer randomization options that way). No preference for the LP format.

This is currently being done as a VLP by Maple Leaf and Olive Branch. It's extra neat, because they each control a different character in battle as determined by a random script, and ALL of Mario's actions are determined by a random script.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't have anything to add to the Recommended List, but I can say that my request for an LP of the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer is being fulfilled as a VLP.

Actually, you know what? I lied. I do have something to add to the Recommended List:

Professor Duck and Dewgy's FF4 Free Enterprise VLP. They did 4 different runs, showing off 4 different ways you can use the Randomizer. It's entertaining to watch, and they also shared their flags for each run, in case you want to play along.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 9, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Bravely Second. Format doesn't matter.

Also, I noticed that Tomba! 2 is in the Request list, and it was VLP'd along with Tomba! by Dewgy and Professor Duck. The playlist for Tomba! 2 starts here.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Artix posted:

Dragon Quest VI - 1/20
Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - SSLP - 2/20

Both of these now have LPs going.

Dragon Quest VI Speedrun, SNES version, VLP, by Fionordequester

Pokémon Ultra Moon Nuzlocke, SSLP, by Truthkeeper

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I would greatly appreciate someone LP'ing Wizards and Warriors, because otherwise I know I'll eventually do it and LP'ing that game would probably kill me and possibly also the audience.

I thought you meant Wizards & Warriors, and when I saw your link, I was wondering how that ended up on GOG... :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Did someone do a Pokemon Black/White 2 LP? I could've swore someone did one but it's not anywhere on the master list or LP archive.

Chorocojo started one back in 2013, but never finished it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions. While I enjoy SSLPs over VLPs, I honestly have no format preference for this one; I'll just be happy to see it done.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Duck posted:

Uh...I don't know if I might get smacked for this, but Dewgy and I seem to fit your bill, if you want a "group" to check out

I can vouch for Professor Duck & Dewgy. I generally don't like VLPs done by multiple people, but those two hit that just right spot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It appears that Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP. I'd like to request it, no format preference.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

During Elentor's LP of Final Fantasy VII, Orange Fluffy Sheep did a Low Level Run. There are links to those parts in the TOC of Elentor's LP on the Archive.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Edit: vvv oh yeah, Quovak's low-level Chrono Trigger run is a thing of beauty.

Does Jesus Get Whacked When He's Weak? :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an informative LP of Dicey Dungeons.

Also, I'm going to re-up this request of mine that's currently on the bubble:

Kheldarn posted:

It appears that Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP. I'd like to request it, no format preference.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gonna request an LP of Disgaea 5 Complete, which just so happens to be on sale right now, dood. Any format is fine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FrankZP did some really great LPs of Dragon Warrior 1-4.

And don't miss out on the Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 LPs by Chokes McGee.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone is taking the long way around of saying that Fire Emblem games are bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Artix posted:

Mega Man: Rock N Roll - 8/22

Natural 20 has started an LP of this.

Artix posted:

ON THE BUBBLE:

As of September 2022 (old requests from :siren:March 2022:siren: )
Threads of Fate - SSLP - 3/22

I'll give this one a lifeline, with the added booster of no preference for LP format.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Rogue Legacy 2.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

Our cup currently runneth over for good RTS LPs at the moment. two ongoing right now. both SSLP. both are covering the campaigns but being supplemented with detailed history of units and development, as well as breakdowns of use in multiplayer and overall strategies.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition and EVERY expansion (pending Return of Rome planned as well) by Jossar: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027996&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

Starcraft Remastered by JohnKilltrane: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965681&pagenumber=34&perpage=40

OK. But what's your request, Admin Sally?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

But if you're offering, no one ever did the SEGA Saturn's Bugsy knock-offs: Bug and Bug Too.

Oh wow. I forgot those even existed. I remember going into a Toys 'R Us to play with the demo Saturn, to see how I felt about it, and Bug was the game you could try. I remember liking what I played of the demo, but in the end, I never got a Saturn, so I never saw where it went.

I'd love to see LPs of these, too!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

I'm going to request games I kinda want to LP so I don't actually have to LP them.

Crystal Project - A combination of a voxel open-world platformer meets FF5-style JRPG with job system. Really solid battle system with almost-perfect information with a variety of FF-inspired jobs scattered in a rather nonlinear open world.

Phoentopia: Awakening - One of my absolute favorite games that has slid far below the radar. It's basically a spiritual successor to Zelda 2, with tons of secrets and puzzles and other content among a charming cast of characters and decent story. I really love this game and hope someone can really do it justice.

Pokemon Infinite Fusion - This should be an easy one for anyone who wants to break into LPing. RPG Maker engine Pokemon game with a really cool gimmick of fusing two Pokemon together. Tons of potential for thread participation, and the custom sprites alone will get plenty of attention. I really recommend this if you want to start out as an LPer as it's an easy way to get attention between being a Pokemon game and the various sprites, and as a bonus the fusions are diverse enough that multiple people could get away with LPing this game at once.

Someone please pick these up so that Mega64 can start an LP of Octopath Traveler II!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

That'll be coming in a couple months or so.

Oh, so after your Stranger Of Paradise LP. Nice! :razz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an informative LP of Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins. I don't think it will really lend itself to any format other than a VLP, which is probably for the best.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Koorisch posted:

I'm noticing that the LParchives doesn't have Dragon Quest VIII on it so I seek to rectify that by requesting it be LP'd!

I could have sworn that there was one on the forums, so I went looking. Orange Fluffy Sheep did an LP of 8, but it was abandoned.

Here's hoping someone else comes along to fulfill this one (or even OFS resumes the old LP...)!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently Community Manager SQEX_Joshua said that they'll be putting all of the cutscenes on YouTube, including ones for the content that won't make it to the game due to EOS.

Edit: It was actually the producer of the game who said that, in an in game announcement

https://twitter.com/DissidiaDB/status/1729722674086072634

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 30, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I absolutely agree.

Sadly, since X Dive is the first one to do it, if it doesn't sell enough, companies will just see it as a waste of resources.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Polsy posted:

The Star Ocean gacha transitioned the app to a no-gameplay story reader and character viewer, which isn't nothing, but yeah nobody's done anything nearly as comprehensive that I'm aware of.

Kingdom Hearts Union χ also transitioned the game to a cutscene story viewer.

I didn't know the Star Ocean one did, too, so that's neat. Hopefully, if nothing else, more gacha games will start doing that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Someone loving LP Stranger of Paradise already.

I thought you were gonna do that after OT2?

If not, I totally 2nd the request.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

It'll be after finishing Xenoblade Chronicles X

Oh riiiiight! I forgot about that!

Looks like Mega64 is going to be doing LPs until the end of time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

an SSLP of Terranigma! Mega64, you doing anything right now?

Good News: Blackbelt Bobman did one back in 2006!

Bad News: The images were all uploaded to some website called imagesocket.com and are lost forever.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP, so I'd like to request it, and the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MythosDragon posted:

The weirdest thing is, I clearly remember reading a Destiny LP on the archive a decade ago, but it's obviously gone now. Its not even on the masterlist like other expunged LPs by permabanned people though.

Oh, that is weird! I wonder what happened?