Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Requesting a VLP of Laser Lords for the CD-i. Kind of a sprawling adventure/action-RPG, and almost definitely one of the top three games for the system.

VLP of Geist, for Gamecube. An FPS with possession as the main gimmick. Arguably weird enough to balance out the jankiness?

VLP of Pinball Quest, for NES. It's a pinball RPG. On the NES.

An HLP of Eternal Eyes for the PS1. An SRPG that feels kind of like a (very) rough draft of the NIS SRPGs in some ways, or Rhapsody with most of the charm extracted.

VLP of Tsugunai: Atonement for the PS2. A third-person RPG in which you possess people and solve their mundane problems because you stole some treasure from a goddess and got cursed.

SSLP of Disgaea Infinite for PSP. A visual novel with time looping, kind of like Trace Memory.

And some picks that should be possible to do without too much time investment, for anyone looking to bulk out their completed LPs list or dip their toes into LPing.

A VLP of Mystic Midway: Phantom Express, for CD-i. A cartoony rail shooter which uses different stages of life (e.g., babyhood, puberty, and senility) as its game stages, with the assorted traumas of each as the targets.

SSLP of Chaos Gateway, on the Xbox 360 (XBLIG). A short visual novel, lightly amusing in its dumbness.

VLP of Fantavision, for PS2. A launch title fireworks simulator.

Woah, slow down there champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If you want to see something really loving funny, go watch ChaosArgate and crew try to make it through the hosed up geometry-broken version of Ocarina of Time that his haunted bootleg GameCube produced seemingly at random.

You’ll never look at OoT the same ever again. It’s somehow even more broken than Nimpize Adventure.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey, I take offense to my Gamecube being called a bootleg like that! Its my childhood console!

:stare:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lawen posted:

The Netflix series has me wanting to go back and watch LPs of the first two The Witcher games (which I never played). I found this Witcher 2 LP by VivaVizer in the master list but there didn't appear to be any completed LPs of the first game.

Any recommendations for "cinematic" style LPs that focus more on the plot and lore than on the gameplay?

There hasn't been any SA-based LPs of Witcher 1, to my knowledge. At least not completed ones. There's been a scattered few attempts at The Witcher 3, but it's kind of been written off by the community here as "un-LP-able" based off of just how loving huge the game is in terms of content both with and without DLC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

To anyone reading this and thinking "yeah I can be the one" please god LP something small first so you understand what you're getting into.

Really bummed the SuperNattyBros flamed out on their Witcher 3 LP with their first and only post ever on SA. They even had bicep facecam to show off how swole they were while playing the game.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Because 3DS video capture is prohibitively expensive and 3DS emulation is still very immature.

Yeah, Citra has come a long way in a relatively short time, but it's still got a lot of kinks to work out and optimization to be done, because a lot of games still play like garbage on even really powerful systems.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

malkav11 posted:

Andromeda really isn't the sort of trainwreck you're talking about. About the worst I've heard from anyone who actually played it for any length of time, especially after patches, is that it was sort of boring and aimless. You might be able to find someone who's willing to insist it's hot garbage as they play it, but they'd really have to reach to find stuff to mock in any sort of entertaining way, I think. It's certainly no Ride to Hell or Limbo of the Lost or Sonic 2K6 or YIIK.

^^^ This.

I played it, beat it, and came close to enjoying it, and it's just an "eh" game overall. The internet hate hype around it was vastly overblown and came from people who never actually played the drat thing just sharing the same five memes about wonky pre-patch animations and Addison's hosed up face fueled by all the lingering ill will left over from ME3. It's got some really dumb game-breaking things in it like "if you die fighting the optional super bosses on each planet, it will recursively corrupt your save and cost you potentially hours of progress" but stuff like that isn't the flashy kind of bug worth showing off. Some of the side quests really overstay their welcome, especially in the late game, but yeah, ME:A is largely just aimless and hollow.

It's good fodder for a "what the hell went wrong with this game?" analysis LP in the vein of Matt McMuscles' What Happened? video on it. But it really isn't the kind of mock fodder people think it is. Probably still worth doing for the sake of doing it, but check your expectations, and all that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The villains that reproduce by converting other species into themselves not having loving tasers still drives me nuts. A plot hole you could fit a galaxy through.

I liked the premise of the idea, I'll say that much. They were effectively the Borg from Star Trek only biological instead of mechanical. The problem was that Exaltation didn't seem like it was really any kind of a threat. Oh, we see it done to a couple of Angarans once or twice and then that's it. It should have been that the Kett could Exalt any species. It would have turned them from an after thought into a credible threat instantly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
GrouverHauspital

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

Not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but this might just be the thread to ask for it...

I'm forever imprisoned in home office. Long-running LPs are just perfect on the side. Anybody know of something decently competent, preferably with a group of people, who tend to make fun of whatever goofy stuff they encounter? I'm thinking of something like the classic Persona 4 Endurance run from Giant Bomb. Doesn't have to be JRPGs, it just kinda feels like anime stuff is especially easy to make fun of.

https://lparchive.org/Prince-of-Persia-2008-(by-nine-gear-crow)/

Thank god that self-promo rule is gone now :buddy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm not a good speaker in any form but so far all of my LP's have been video and most of them I've done commentary on the fly. I'm well aware that I stutter and am prone to mispronunciation when I get nervous. I'm my own biggest critic, I wont go into details of the anxiety of starting a new LP.

If you have the software then you could always do post-commentary, which means you can have more control over what you're saying and when.

I'd like to echo what aniEhilated and Strategic Sage said. My first LP was a game that I was passionate about, I had a lovely mic and the most basic of software and it's still my most watched LP eight years later. Even after investing in new equipment and software over time. I had no idea what I was doing at the time apart from trying to emulate other people's formats.

Do what you feel is within your boundaries. If you're wanting to cut your teeth with co-commentary then I'm sure someone will be interested. If you want to start with subtitles then build up then that's fine. If you're passionate about the game it will show regardless, whatever you decide the effort will be noticed.

Good luck with getting the LP started!

Edit: Has co-commentary requests been moved to one of the pinned threads or is it still in it's own separate thread?

The Co-Commentation Station was unpinned last year, but it's still semi-active. The LP Discord (now largely taken over by the LP Beach, but still) is also a good place to poke around for potential co-commentators based on the sheer number of LPers and LP posters who've landed there lately.

Just be careful and do your proper vetting because it's always a risk when you're dealing with other people on the internet for whatever reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

Lunethex and co.'s LP of the Syphon Filter series. I was laid up in bed sick for a week and binged the PS1 trilogy over like 3 days. There were so many moments where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

malkav11 posted:

It's been offline since 2010, so I suspect a new VLP of it would be impractical at this stage.

The Neroimus War part of the game is offline, but the single player mode is still playable. The online mode had no bearing on the main game anyway and was kind of hard as poo poo anyway, so who cares.

Hmmm... Well, this has given me something to think about at the very least.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, no--why are they problematic? :ohdear:

Late 00s humour, particularly late 00s Something Awful humour, has not aged particularly well. I know Pipes! in particular was prone to saying some really uncouth and edgy poo poo especially when drunk. If that's something not to your liking, that's your call, but if you can weather a few poorly aged jokes and words every now and again, they're still funny as poo poo.

Keep in mind, these guys stopped doing LPs nearly 10 years ago. Most people in the game on SA today weren't even around back then.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danaru posted:

The Freelance Astronauts were one of the main reasons I started LPs of their own, but yeah going back and watching their stuff now is hard to do. Pretty much anything from the 00s is going to be a tough watch nowadays since thankfully, humour has evolved significantly. I still remember being in tears laughing at the uh, lost Majora's Mask episodes, but that's pretty much what humour was back then. I miss those guys and I hope they're doing well :unsmith:

JFK Reloaded was probably the funniest AND most offensive thing they've ever done. There was just no topping it :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Has anyone done a full LP of Marvel's Avengers?

I saw a couple people do the opening level, but then they just stopped.

Given what I've seen and heard about that game in general, I don't blame them one bit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

namad posted:

It would be really cool if someone let's played Star Trek - Hidden Evil.

There are essentially no let's plays of it because it was released in the early windows era, which means it wouldn't run on dosbox nor would it run on modern windows xp/7/8/10 machines.

GOG has recently started selling it though, so it looks like a solution to get the game to run has been found.

It might be the worst star trek adventure game, I'm not sure. Thing is, all the other star trek adventure games have been let's played before, and those let's plays were all pretty great.

SSLP might make sense, but I'd be happy with lazy unedited live footage dumped to youtube.

I pity the poor bastards who actually go and drop :10bux: to purchase a copy of Star Trek: Hidden Evil in 2021 period. Purpose behind it be damned.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nightelf_37 posted:

Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Congrats on outing yourself as creepy gross fucko who should gently caress the hell off and never come back here in only 8 posts. People on SA have done it faster, but for Let's Play, I think this a record.

If I was still a mod, I'd have banned your rear end for that post, so consider yourself lucky.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There's a lot of things that are cool and good to be all "Fine... I'll do it myself" over. LPing an amputee fetish sex-slave human trafficking game shoved inside the GBA Pokemon engine is NOT one of them.

Everything about that TV Tropes page is loving horrifying and disgusting. Seriously, what the gently caress is it about people kramering into this sub and revealing their love of Pokemon-related sex crimes completely unprompted?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

coming down from my sexual psychosis to meekly ask the rules of lp ftw

Trying to casually glide away from "if someone doesn't LP this weird amputee sex hostage game for me, then I'll gladly do it" is certainly a move, I'll say that. Let's see how it plays out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nightelf_37 posted:

Pokémon CAWPS. Rated T if it were official.

You play as a rookie cop in the Hoenn region. WARNING: There's a lot of violence, death and stuff described/depicted in this game. If you're uncomfortable with it that, than this game probably isn't for you. No Gym Challenge or Pokémon League since that's too "standard formua".

Contains occasional "funny" "offensive" dialogue.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360860

Is this a bad idea to attempt?

Yes. And gently caress you for even thinking it wasn't. Holy poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I gotta admit, Pokémon Rape and Pokémon Cops were not exactly what I ever would have imagined when I stopped to ponder "what might have been?" for the GBA era of the franchise. Quite the choices you picked to share with the class lately.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nightelf_37 posted:

So it is actually worse than Reborn? Or am I wrong in thinking that was the low bar?

I don't give a gently caress if it's better or worse than Reborn. Stop posting about these weird creepy shitass romhacks, you're already indelibly known as the "Pokemon Amputee Rape Guy", just stop making it worse before you get banned.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nightelf_37 posted:

Definitely stupid mistake. I figured SA would be the place for mature stuff. Clearly that's not flying well if my recent reputation means anything.

The grand irony of the matter being that Something Awful has long since grown up and matured out of its fascination with the sort of edgy, immature stuff you've been keen to immerse yourself in like shock-value amputee sex-slave harem games, or "hurr police brutality is funny" games, or whatever barely contained incel trash was in the test post you tried to run by the Sandcastle, I admit I haven't read it yet but I'll take others' word for it on its content.

You cited Reborn earlier, which makes me think that you, however poorly you're trying to convey it, actually want to see someone do a takedown LP of these various awful lovely romhacks you keep foisting upon us. In which case, sure, that's a somewhat valid approach, if the material is right for it that is. Reborn had/has a lot of touchy topics that can be massaged into being funny by a person talented enough to pull them off like OFS. A game where women and girls have their limbs cut off so they can't escape their life of sexual slavery to the protagonist is NOT something that can be made humorous, even by the most talented of LPers.

Everything you've posted that's caught ire from folks here seem like they're just absolutely miserable experiences that no one but seemingly you would want to endure in any capacity, and it just does not seem to be clicking with you.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 8, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danaru posted:

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna post that man's hole

So what you're saying is Jeffrey should have perma'd himself after he goatse'd all of SA to announce that he'd wrested control of the forums out of Lowtax's wife-beating hands?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nightelf_37 posted:

To my credit, I never reached the "amputee" part of that hack, and with this idea shot down, I never will. Which is probably for the best.

Sorry, but this excuse doesn’t fly, especially because you posted the TV Tropes pages for it as part of your effort to sell people on the concept and the literal second entry on the page is this, verbatim: “Doll Island’s entire identity is that it’s a place where people can buy and sell girls with amputated limbs. Some have iron rods attached to their stumps to let them walk, but these are the lucky ones. The Idol Singer Ami, the former government agent Mika, and even Felia, the princess of a fallen region, are among the victims, having their deaths faked so no one would be the wiser.

That’s like saying “Yeah, sure, okay, I watched Salň, but I stopped before I got to the part where they started eating literal poo poo.”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

I just found out thats apparently close to a real game name and now I'm disgusted with the internet and myself.

See, that's where the parody falls apart; you're capable of shame and introspection.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

quite the stack

e: whoops, forgot this post wasn't in the sandcastle, where the poster was still being actively discussed. Sorry!

When half your rapsheet comes from a single post...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

It inspired :actually: and I think that really sums up everything about it.

It also inspired :yiikes:, but that one doesn't get as much play outside of LP as :actually: does.

MythosDragon posted:

Can I ask for a run down of this Y2K poo poo?

Read this thread. YIIK was a piece of poo poo indie RPG that wanted to be Earthbound, but meta, but what it actually wound up being was a long-winded pseudo-intellectual fart that went up its own rear end several times and was built around ghoulishly exploiting the mystery surrounding the death of a real person. Its creator(s) was a Dunning-Kreuger-powered ball of hubris that didn't take criticism well and they've spent the past two years basically rebuilding the game from scratch to try to patch in a proper story and an ending that makes sense time time which is coming... eventually.

It really sucked.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I've never watched any Breaking Bad, so I'm extremely curious if there's an in-universe reason that the beard guy has the size sticker still on his shirt.

Walter White is, at the exact same time, the most dangerous motherfucker on the planet, AND an absolute dribbling goober who can't get out of his own way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

The LP Req Room - Jesse, what the hell are your LP dreams?

Better Call Sal(ly)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Duck posted:

I think I might be picking this up to do an LP of in the near future...we'll see how my schedule looks and if I can make it work.

Do that terrible gimmick someone suggested either earlier in this thread or in the Sandcastle where whenever Dewgy asks a question about what's going on in the game, you respond to him in absolute gibberish until you train him into just not questioning what's going on anymore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

anyone have recs for ocarina of time, majora's mask, or wind waker? preferably not blind

Commander Keene posted:

ThornBrain has done LPs of the 3DS port of Ocarina and the N64 version of Majora with his crew, and Mugiwara Yoshi took the helm for Wind Waker HD. All three are LPs by folks who have played the games before and know what they're doing. If you don't mind if the co-commentators are blind as long as the LPer knows the game, FrenzyTheKillbot has an ongoing LP of Ocarina with two blind co-coms that might be worth checking out, especially considering he's doing the Ship of Harkinian unofficial PC port, the first full LP of that on the forums AFAIK.

If you're looking for something a little more esoteric, there's an old LPs by DoctorKill of both Ocarina and Majora. DoctorKill comes from the speedrunning community and his LPs are done with the intent of showing off the glitches and exploits used by the community. His Ocarina LP goes through the child dungeons as adult and vice versa, while he does (IIRC) reverse boss order in Majora.

In addition to these, there is also an LP of Ocarina of Time Master Quest, the in-house Nintendo-made "Hard Mode" romhack of OoT by Artix also done on the Ship of Harkinian PC port.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Don’t expect a comprehensive LP of OOT from that Master Quest LP, we streamlined a lot of the non-dungeon stuff into highlight reels to focus on the dungeons, which are the actual meat and potatoes of MQ.

Right. Probably best viewed as a supplemental to one of the previously mentioned OoT LPs. Also a good time to point out that Master Quest just hit the LP Archive too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

yessssssss. this is the one. as someone who put a 100 hours into that braindead game it taught me to hate it all over again. 10/10 would recommend. fantastic LP experience.

Wow, I only needed one run through the game to come to absolutely hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

vilkacis posted:

Would anyone happen to know of a good Armored Core 6 lp?

Oh here's one right here.