Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Berwick Saga and Vestaria Saga SSLPs
The translation for both finished recently and it's always fun to watch people suffer under Kaga Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

A while back (as in over 2 years ago), user MythosDragon had a request in for an SSLP of Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time.

MythosDragon doesn't have PM ability from what I can see, so if they happen to be keeping up with this thread, I just wanted to ask if there was anything else specifically about the request that you wanted.

I'm looking into the possibility of doing one as an SSLP, but I'm still thinking about what I would want to do with it. Just asking if there was anything in particular you had in mind way back in October 2018.

You also mentioned having art assets for the game. Curious to know if you still have them and what assets they are. Character art seems easy to come by, but some characters might be harder than others.

Luckily I'm playing Trails right now and I tend to use the falcom thread while doing so, so I'm around. Its a cool game to LP because there are actually thread choices to be had, only real request I have is to flirt with dudes in it because it leads to the funniest moments of the game later.

I have all the illustrations, character art, and expressions ready and got default portraits made and uploaded for the program thing I learned back then before realizing I was about to take on a huge responsibility that was several times larger than expected without an all around LPing program I thought existed, also I suck at writing as evidenced by my test post. Growlanser Realm was my source for it all, so all I'm really doing you is saving you the time to save them individually, but here's the mediafire link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rij0hbfy50yxim7/Growlanser_Art.7z/file

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

Thanks. I haven’t decided on on LP'ing it just yet, because it is a 40 hour sink (at least, that’s what my clear save was). But it's helpful to my decision that a lot of portrait work is already done. I pulled my PSP copy and also grabbed my save files, but I'm currently having text issues with PPSSPP that is apparently an ongoing problem for G IV. If I can get that fixed then I'll try doing a test post and see how I feel about the project.

I know it’s a fun game. I remember enjoying it a lot. I also remember nearly pitching my PSP at the wall several times because of the constant bullshit the game pulls with mission objectives.

I'll keep your request in mind. I assume you mean flirting with the dudes through dialogue options, because (as you said) thread choices would have a lot of opportunity to be used. But that also means thread choice would likely determine stuff like furlough events and character endings, so flirting with the dudes in terms of day off events/endings wouldn't be up to me.

Yeah, If I remember correctly, the issue is fixed by getting a different font set, I just tested it on my PPSSPP and there were no text issues for about 10 minutes. So here's my font folder https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ixd6z7cwv2vok8/font.7z/file to test.

I'm personally a huge fan of the gameplay, definitely one of my all time favorites and I like when the game challenges me with missions.

And yeah, I meant in options you get no matter what, If you want to show off all the ending's though, you'd have to keep a save where you follow the furlough guide to unlock them. Depending if you do LP it and when you get that far, I'd probably be willing to help with that by atleast doing few of the final dungeon runs.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wanna re experience Crisis Core, but I don't wanna commit to it, so FF7 Crisis Core SSLP.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Bravely Second. Format doesn't matter.

I second this and would appreciate it being done with the restoration patch.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Dragomorph posted:

I would really appreciate some more LPs about some of the other SaGa games in the series. We have ones for Final Fantasy Legends I and II, Romancing SaGa 3, SaGa Frontier and Unlimited SaGa, but the Romancing SaGa 3 one was from far before an official translation of the game came out and the SaGa Frontier one is... a bit dated in some of its humor and language (which is not to say it's not comprehensive but it does clash a little with modern sensibilities). I would especially love one for Romancing SaGa II and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions since those two have some of the most dramatic differences depending on in-game choices - and the latter is apparently not fully documented yet even in JAPAN.

You forgot the Unlimited Saga LP.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Dragomorph posted:

Did not! :saddowns: It's in the list up there.

Oh my bad, read through it twice and missed it both times.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

https://lparchive.org/Prince-of-Persia-2008-(by-nine-gear-crow)/

Thank god that self-promo rule is gone now :buddy:

Nice LP history you got there.

Would be a shame If I...... put https://lparchive.org/White-Knight-Chronicles-I-II/ in it

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom SSLP

Who wants to document early 2000 From Software history?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Not many people are willing to go back to Legend of Heroes Garghav Trilogy, Moonlight Witch, Tear of Vermilion, Song of the Ocean SSLP, but they were legitimately good games that influenced almost every aspect of the future Legend of Heroes: Trails games, so I'd like someone to share them with us.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Tales of Hearts R SSLP Easily my favorite game in the series both gameplay and story wise, and I'd love to have it in a form where I can easily share it with my friends.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Talen_Soti posted:

Requesting a Lufia and the Fortress of Doom sslp. The one currently archived is more comedy than informative.

Riviera sslp is in the same situation. I'm all for people adding narrative to games lacking or without while making it obvious, but I'm decidedly not interested in rewrites.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wait hold up, buttrice?

Nice .hack G.U reference old lper.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Melufa posted:

I'm surprised there isn't an LP of Persona Q or Q2 on the archives. The Etrian Odyssey games seem to be pretty popular and the LPs of those are always very good. Maybe this is a narrative thing though, since the PQ games all have set characters, instead of being able to create a bunch of blank slates. Regardless, I'd like to request an LP of either, particularly PQ2 since there is much less info online about it.

2nded, I'd likely buy the games to play along at that point. Fixed my DS a few months ago which is why I skipped them in the first place.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd love to see some Star Ocean SSLPs. Any one is fine really, but I'd love to see 1-3 again since my every attempt to replay them fails since I really don't like how the games limit your party. Aware of Whitedragon's 2 LP, but it never hurts to have more, especially when its been over a decade and the series is probably dead.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Vestaria Saga SSLP Kaga Emblem 8 needs love.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The Bravely Default LP by Greyarc has really helped redeem my opinion of the game by telling me most of the BCD events mean nothing and giving me a partner as I play through the game(I actually enjoy the last quarter tbh, so that was never a problem). I request a Bravely Default Second SSLP and see if someone can pull a miracle and do the same there, If possible I'd love to see someone that could cover the content cut in localization too.

If Bravely 2 also has BCD events, I'll also jump the gun and request a SSLP of that.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Good to know I have SSLP buddies.

And yeah, I'd love to see this nonsense.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Just finished reading a SMT 4-2 LP and it wowed me after less than stellar opinions of 1, 3 and 3-2. I initially found it over a year ago, but put it off hoping someone would make one of Shin Megami Tensei 4 SSLP but thats not happened and I caved, so here I am to request it. The archived LP of 2 is super dated with tiny images that give me a headache so if it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei 2 SSLP as well, especially if FrankZP is around and willing to give it another try.

I tried to use the nice succinct link, but couldnt get it to work, but here's a link to the LP since its off site. https://www.lp.zone/t/if-you-see-the-buddha-on-the-road-kill-him-lets-play-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/1827

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Solitair posted:

I'd love to get on the SMT4 LP, but I'm not 100% sure my computer can emulate it. I'll give it a shot soon.

Good Luck.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Waffle images undied?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Off the top of my head, the Digital Devil Saga LP had some dead images despite being archived and thats fixed.
And this Langrisser 2 LP had enough content to be a minimalist LP, and I'm pretty sure it had dead images that are fixed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717646

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Melufa posted:

Can anyone recommend an informative LP of either the Dragon Age series or one of the newer CRPGs? Something like Pathfinder: Kingmaker or the Divinity series would be great. A chill VLP would be preferred, but I could do an SSLP if that's all there is.

https://lparchive.org/Dragon-Age-Origins/

I can vouch for this, but I strongly prefer SSLPs myself.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Regalia of Men and Monarchs SSLP

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

If someone SSLPs FFXV, I don't have to buy it again and try to respect it myself.... So yeah, ditto if someone's interested in that.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Pyro Jack posted:

Anyway, to get off-topic, I really would like a LP of a Digimon game, probably one that hasn't been finished yet like Digimon World DS, Data Squad or something. Been in a really big Digimon mood lately due to playing with the various V-Pets and spending alot of my time on Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode instead of grinding for Mogtomes in FFXIV.

Definitely support a SSLP of Data Squad, Falling asleep to that game(due to being like 10) are some fond memories. It had the coolest digivolution system in the game tbh.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Paper Tiger posted:

I'd like to see someone do an SSLP of Shadow Hearts: From the New World, the fourth game in the Koudelka/Shadow Hearts series. The first three games have been LPed a couple times each, most recently by The Dark Id, who is taking a well-earned break/retirement from LPing.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World is kind of a loose sequel to the previous game, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, so this LP wouldn't need to be a direct continuation of a prior LP, but there are some returning side characters/references to events in prior games so an LPer should probably at least read LPs of the prior games to have a sense of what's going on. :v:

Seconded
It'll be quite a while before I get around to playing a ps2 game again and 2 really sold me on the series.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Was going through my old screenshots and found Trillion, a really charming, kind of weeby game by Nis. Like most things by Nis, it falls apart cuz the gameplay isnt fun or expects too much from you, but what better type of game to ask someone else to play? so yeah Trillion SSLP since I know I'm never gonna manage to finish it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

YggiDee posted:

I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS, because

• It's a very good game that was largely overlooked by the public because it was on the 3DS
  • The previous Shin Megami Tensei games all have LPs here along with many other games in the meta-franchise
  • With the release of Shin Megami Tensei V this month this is the best time to start an SMT renaissance
  • Shin Megami Tensei LPs are literally the reason I started playing those games

Huh, has it really been half a year since I requested it? Either way, seconded wanna see 4 so I can give it a fair shake.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I would love a screenshot LP of Dragon Quest VI. That game never gets any love

My copy mysteriously disappeared years ago and I've never found it, my only missing DS game. Seconded.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

goblin week posted:

Someone please LP Suikoden Tierkreis because I really loved this game and when I grew up I learned I missed like half the guys. You can delight people with the bad voice acting too

Someone tried years ago, but it definitely didn't finish and they disliked the game so it wasn't a fun read.
I love it too, 2nd best in the series after 5. Been considering replaying it with an undub for a long time, but I'm no LPer so seconded if someone who likes the game does it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yapping Eevee posted:

I'd like to request someone cover Stella Glow for the 3DS.

While we're at it, the entire series is lacking LPs.
Luminous Arc is my favorite srpg series, so I definitely support this. Probably the series I have the highest nostalgia for since it's definitely not as good as my other favorites, such as Exa Pico lol.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

drat, when did Id's youtube account get taken down. I never finished Shadow Hearts 2, and I really enjoyed watching the videos of that game.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

VolticSurge posted:

Square Enix decided to drop the copyright hammer by flagging ten random videos at once. Because of course they're exactly that petty.

drat... they really did that to the DrakeNier man.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

Seconded. Threads of Fate is a strange but fun romp. It's also fairly short and sweet (even though there are two routes) from what I remember, so it wouldn't be a major commitment.

There are 2 random ps1 games I get mixed up with each other, and I know Threads of Fate is one of them, so being able to figure out which one it is that way is a good idea so thirded.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

SSLP of God Eater Ressurection

Tried many times
Failed many times
Just wanna see the story at this point man.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

SSLPs of every Kingdom hearts game but COM and Days
Been talking about it a lot with my friends despite checking out after 2 like Nomura himself intended, so I wanna see this. Sorry in advance for the mental turmoil if anyone seriously tries lmao.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Can I ask for a run down of this Y2K poo poo?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm looking for a long and hopefully complete screenshot LP to read, in an effort to keep myself distracted from the news. Anyone got any recs? I'd like Pokemon romhacks, or stuff that gets into RPG mechanics. I'm going to guess without looking that I should reread OrangeFluffySheep's stuff - but what else is out there?

My time to shine.

On the Archive the highlights are Anything Dark Id, White Knight Chronicles, Suikoden 5, and The Tokimeki Memorial LP.
The Fire Emblem LPs are probably the best for in depth play by plays.
And Crosspeice did the first 4 gens of Pokemon really well.

I can give a lowdown on solid ongoing ones too if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Suikoden 5 - do you need to know anything about the previous games?

Fire Emblem - not up for these currently, nor Advance Wars, I want explicitly jrpg stuff

Please share this lowdown, what should I be following? I'm currently actively watching Fate/extra, Warcraft Lore, and Shinji Programs a Robot.

Nah, Suikoden is from the Era of RPGs where even if they were connected it was always minor. Specified 5 cuz its both the best entry and the best LP of the bunch, 4 has a solid LP by Vilk too. And 3 has a sadly unfinished LP hiding around here, and I dont remember the quality of the 1 and 2 LPS, but two of the best games on PS1.
Huh, didnt know a metric by which Fire Emblem wasnt an RPG existed.

For things on the archive it was a highlights reel, but for on the forum it's just a quick list of stuff.

Growlanser 4 by Psychoknight, essentially finished but he might come back to do extra stuff.
Tactics Ogre by tithin and waah for many years but still trucking.
Dragon Quest 9 by Epicmissingno for years but still trucking.
Bravely Default Second by Faillen Angel, Always fun to see Jobs the RPG, been following this myself even though I have a moral dilemma with the game
A Dark Id LP you might have missed, a shockingly good game too, disclaimer that all of Id's LP videos have been deleted though
A complete Tales of Berseria LP that will go into Zesteria Shortly by Slyphid
Since OFS was mentioned, here's a gameplay focused LP of a FFT Mod by Rosalie_A

Those are the ones I've atleast peeked that have done stuff recently.

Bonus, We have a complete Heavensward LP of FF14, and a 90% complete but sadly abandoned LP of ARR, if that tickles your fancy at all. Havnt peeked them myself, but I can confirm that ff14 has the best FF story by this point as a player myself that finally hit Heaven after 3 years lol. I'll grab links if you want em.