Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

How are cops handling routine traffic stops and face to face interactions during COVID?

Good question. Many areas have already stated that they are NOT going to respond to certain calls. I would suspect that traffic stops are over all down, since there are fewer cars on the road. I have heard that there is a spike with major crashes due to people speeding on the almost empty roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Godholio posted:

There are very clearly verbal warnings.

Yeah, AFTER they shot the man.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Godholio posted:

That either leads to a civil war or a quick heel-turn to open and brutal fascism.

In a morbid way this interests me. Do you think it's a 50/50 chance of this happening?

I agree with what you are saying, just curious on the odds you are giving things. I'm thinking its a more the 50% chance of us going full fascism. Which leads me to think about how to combat that. Once elections take place, we can't wait a year or more for more elections to rectify the situation, which leads to civil war.

I guess what I am trying to say is that civil war WILL happen, it is just a matter of how (openly) fascist we get as a nation before it does.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm not sure what you're saying. There is a legal group (forget who) that uses green hats to signify that they are legal observers - is there something in the photo I'm missing? Are they about to be targeted by the cops in the picture? It's grainy and washed out, hard to tell.

You are not alone. I don't understand the context for the picture. Is this the first time "legal observers" are seen at a protest? Are they being targeted?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

ded posted:

You don't see that 40mm ~less leathal~ weapon pointed at their heads? After I took that screenshot the cop continued to aim it at their heads for several minutes. He never lowered it.

edit :

There were also officers deployed to that area with silenced m4s.

The lead up to this was around 20-30 people were near a police precinct protesting how george floyds killer was out on bail. The people were in a 4 way intersection and 100+ cops/state troopers came from 3 directions and told them to leave south. The people moved south and the LRAD hit them with the dispersal sound for a few seconds (the real sound that can gently caress people up). As the protesters moved south another group of cops came at them from the south and the LRAD dude yelled out that they were all under arrest. Unicorn Riot was there the whole time and they threatened to arrest them as well but did not. They were able to observe the arrests for about 15 minutes then they were asked to leave south to the scene in that screenshot. There was zero violence or aggression on the side of the protesters.

One guy did get away on a scooter tho. :lol:

They are actually using LRAD on people at these protests now? This is the first I've heard about them being used. Not sure if that is due to poor reporting or I just don't read/follow the correct source.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wow, that was quick. I guess I need to find some better news sources for this...

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm not sure how this would work as a law... Wouldn't there be issues with 1A? This is just confusing, no way it holds up in court... right?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

shame on an IGA posted:

LAPD singlehandedly cratered the used market for the i3 a couple years ago when they dumped hundreds of the tiny things they had bought for detectives, staff and other non-patrol officers all at once.

E: no it's still happening, go get you one

https://insideevs.com/features/458156/more-lost-angeles-police-bmw-i3-for-sale/

That is a very odd choice of vehicle, especially in the LA area. Don't those things have like a 60 mile range?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

MonkeyWash posted:

What if the suspect had just killed two people and was approaching you with a rifle on the streets at night? Would you donate to his bail fund?

This.

If that piece of poo poo can be taken in peacefully, so could she. That cop just blasted. There was no escalation of force, just him shooting.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Grem posted:

Thesoldier you haven't posted in 5 years, maybe like check the last 30 or so pages and get a vibe check or something.

Please record your thoughts/post your way through it. This might get wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wasabi the J posted:

:staredog:

I can't even see the old thread so i have no idea what was said

It is the text from his rap sheet.

Edit: I am a moron, ignore me