Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I get bored rolling through these tiny hick towns in the carolinas with thrir own PDs. Occasionally im borex enough to look at their salaries. How is 35.7 starting as a non certified recruit on the road co.pare to other places? I remember the last cop thread said they make trash. Im not thinking about joining just that bored working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Because they would have tho use the civil forfeiture money on something other than a margarita machine

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sounds like texas

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Tryzzub posted:

if you need to free the raccoon from its mortal coil, maybe

I was gonna ask if they shot it for resisting. They shot a disability care worker laying on the ground with his hands in the air so you never know

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Username/post combo jfc...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I was looking for the picture i took of an 8 and 1/2 mph speed limit but couldnt find it sadly. Theres always this instead

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

What is the point of having cops on horses in an urban environment anyway? Wouldn't they be better off on bikes?

I mean, I know the real answer, I'm just curious what the justification is.

Let's them pretend they're wyatt earp

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The video that came out a few days ago from the union calling crime the new entitlement for black people and how trump is taking the correct approach to them.

On a different note the cops in texas who tied a black guy to a horse and made him walk to the wherever are back on the street with no investigation done.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Was eric garner the guy who got choked to death for cigarettes while saying i cant breathe or was he the guy who got his back/neck broken while chained up inside a parked police van?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

poo poo i missed the part of a cops job responsibilities to choke people to death. My bad

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Na cuz that would be the proper reaction to that situation instead of people being outraged a killer only lost his job. Oh well. Literally americanpolice.txt.

Atleast now hes a good cop

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Right. He wouldnt have a problem getting a job places delete your record after a year or whatever

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hey someone said stop resisting after they got the body to the coroners office so its not murder just a legal application of force

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sounds like we need to make a law so that giving preferential protection to domestic terrorists is against the law

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

We have a 12-78. Assaulting an officer with a deadly weapon. Time to break out the mraps we've been taking from the army to give to the pigs.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1164723934803218432

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well atleast he turned himself into a good cop temporarily

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Man it must suck to possibly face repurcussions when you murder people. My heart weeps.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

We lost a hero

https://workingclasshistory.com/2019/08/26/negro-matapacos-chiles-riot-dog/

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wouldnt you know it we have a smilie just for this

:pigoff:

But i remember when this broke. There were a lot of pig defenders talking about if she consented while being arrested it shouldnt be considered rape. Unless im thinking of a different time that cops got caught having sex with someone they were arresting at the time. Its entirely possible. Its not like theres only a few bad apples.

Edit: nvm

Stravag fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 30, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah. The people who are ok with it seem to not notice how there would be an issue there

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Goddammit i just realized she consented is literally cop for she was asking for it look at what she was wearing

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Remember that from 1972 until 2014, it was legal for undercover police in Hawaii to have sex with prostitutes provided it was part of an investigation. I'm sure that was never abused, no way.

It's more that coerced sex is, by definition, non consensual. So unless you believe she was ready and willing while handcuffed in the back of a police van....

I really don't. And i have this bad feeling this one's deal is gonna get trotted out like it's an injustice against "are heroes" just like the Eric Garner one has been by the union

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's because the states delegate the police powers to the local level, further complicating things. Federalism is really dumb in certain situations. Sure it makes sense to have home rule for a lot of things. Policing is not one.

It gets real interesting when you have those "the highest governmental authority i acknowledge is the sheriff" people refusing to have any kind of common standards

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hell with how likely they are to shoot a barking dog they may have just been fishing to shoot something.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

EBB posted:

You gotta be some kind of sick in the head to shoot a dog.

It IS the cop thread after all

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stop being rascist. Any color rope can fix a cop problem

Stravag fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 19, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I dont see the point but fine

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Florida man cop fired after arresting 2 6 year olds for "suspicion of misdemeanour battery" (didnt even know that was a thing). Zipcuffs, back of cruiser, fingerprinted, and mugshots. Oh also the cop had had disciplinary actions taken back in 98 after he was charged with aggravated child abuse after officials found welts and bruises on his son.

Because who else would you have as the school resource officer at an elementary school.
Edit for link: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...s3o4-story.html

Apparently he has a history of excessive violence (who'd have guessed) including tasering a trespassing suspect 5 times, twice while the suspect was already on the ground . Guess that guy should be glad he was just under suspicion of trespassing at the time instead of something serious like selling single cigs and gotten choked to death. Cue vache coming in to to say "well he didnt taser the 6 year olds so him hetting fired is excessive". Apparently he had already retired and was on the reserve or whatever its called when you want to be able to abuse your authority part time. I hope they pull his pension for this

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 25, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awwwww dont be like that piggy. Im just being the hero cops need right now lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is cool im back in genpop and will remain the hero cops need right now.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s Texas, and she’s a young white woman accused of killing a black man.

She might not be found not guilty, but she’s never going to be found guilty.

Shits just not gonna happen. It’s sad, but it’s true.

I HOPE this isnt what happens but the two cops who raped a girl they were arresting in the back of a police vehicle got pled down to bribery and bad conduct so im expecting rhis to end up with her pleading down to invokuntary manslaughter or trespassing or some other weak poo poo. Id be less inclined to believe this but you already had the press conference with the guy laying the groundwork of a stupid sentence

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sigh. I loving knew it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

If this doesnt get her off next time theyll try plan b, immediately after the killing they'll declare the victim a domestic terrorism suspect that resisted bring detained so that way its easier to make the aRe HeRoEs defence

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Professor Bling posted:

I mean they charged the Blues Brothers reenactor that drove an SUV through Woodfield Mall with terrorism, so, uh, they're already doing it? Except they didn't kill the Woodfield Mall driver.

I think with the suv thing they decided they didnt have a properly defined statute on the books so rather than try to go after for him like dangerous driving or reckless endangerment or however its named they used a terrorism charge to make sure that if convicted he goes away for a while instead on some 2-3 month sentence. I almost can see the justification in that particular instance even if i dont agree or like the idea of a huge umbrella catch all charge that has very long term sentence possibilities just to make sure if you decide gently caress this guy in particular you can give him basically life (20+) without having to actually give life. Last i knew the definitions for a terrorism charge were intentionally vague for that reason.

If you declare the person you kill in weird circumstances a suspected terrorist in a lot of post 9/11 peoples minds they stop caring and just go yup gotta stop the terrorists and drop it cuz they dont want another 9/11.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

she wasn't wearing her badge :suicide101:

In some states you dont have to be in uniform or on duty for whatever crime you did to instantly get upped to a felony charge if a first responder was involved. Last i knew NY was one of them and i think mass was

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

If it would be a triple parenthical do we use number signs or parenthesis again inside the bracket?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I am suddenly fascinated by a rabbithole i didnt even know existed but suddentl find myself teetering on the edge of. Quad parentheticals? Pentas? DECAS?!

Im assuming the quad call for illuminati and the pentas are to bring in the ancient aliens people. Does a deca start the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Im just imagining the hilariously indepth technical explanation of some insanely complex piece of machinery and by the time you get 10 levels deep its been pushed to the level of (thing make go)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Isnt stacking a whole pile of parentheses an indicator of mental illness?

No i think you're.....
.......thinking of periods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah im waiting to believe it until shes actually in jail