Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
With all.the bullshit cases I wase through I do not for the life of me understand why anyone ever calls the police ever.

I am however a 210lb white man so I don't ever really feel unsafe anywhere but c'mon people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You shouldn't apologize. One side doesn't want people to be summarily executed for the suspicion of a misdemeanor, the other is fine with that.

Yeah apologies are loving stupid!!! I'm smart! I'm not apologizing ever!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
repeal the second amendment, disarm cops, beep boop problem solved

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Professor Bling posted:

hell just disarm cops

the working class must be armed by any means necessary, after all, and as we all know cops aren't working class, they're class traitors serving bourgeois interests

what the gently caress does arming the "middle class" accomplish?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

The working class is not the middle class.

bad quote but yeah, what does arming the working class accomplish? They have access to guns now and they are getting hosed worse than ever

Edit : working to make this the double containment zone :cheers:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
that security guard ain't right, tell you what.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Bored As gently caress posted:

rear end in a top hat on parole for homicide decides to hurt a woman, 911 caller (victim) states that he has two guns and was hitting her. PD arrives, he fails to comply and instead runs, grabs his pistol, turns around and fires at officers, who return fire and wound him.

https://youtu.be/eCuH0f9AX6Q

OH GOD SO UNJUSTIFIED

Oh here's another POLICE OVERREACH RAAAWRRRGH

Traffic stop for overly tinted windows, passenger bails and runs away, throws the gun on top of a metal container which probably sounds like a gun shot to the officer, the gun falls off the container, bad guy reaches for it, and officer shoots him, wounding him in the leg, guy throws gun over a high fence. Guy fails to comply and lay down so he can be secured, possibly has other weapons on him as far as the officers know, so he's tazed and taken into custody, then gets medical help

https://youtu.be/acBIsoe0TjU

Oh man what injustice.

drat buddy don't worry they'll let you lick the boots whether or not people like them!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

You have a video that shows where the spit lands? It goes offscreen in the twitter link.

Those cops are complete fascists assucks

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Wasabi the J posted:

Can of worms but I just found out how racist been Franklin really was.

Bury your heroes.

This kind of poo poo is baked into our politics and we must denounce bigotry in all its forms throughout our history, so that we can acknowledge the cost in human suffering our country came at, and attempt to make this right for the generations that follow.

Don't @ me with your defense of slavery and racism throughout history white people. You benefited from it tacitly.

drat a dude that owned slaves was racist!?!?!?! Who woulda thunk?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah digital soap box preaching!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol probated from the detainment thread

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wait she was in a castle where murder is okay though???

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

They did not mention the degree, so I'm assuming that gets determined later. First degree murder has a sentence range of 5-99 years. Capital murder has life sentence to death penalty. It is possible for the state to pursue capital murder because one of the predicates is committing a murder in the process of a burglary. Based upon my non-texas lawyer reading of the burglary statute, she did indeed commit a capital murder.

Nevermind. I read she's being sentenced between 5-99 so it looks like she's on the hook for Murder one.

Did she intend to commit murder when she entered the apartment though?

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 1, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

She probably intended to commit murder when she did absolutely nothing to help after she shot him.

Right but if you can't demonstrate that she had that intention when she entered the apartment then you aren't going to get burglary which means you won't get capital murder.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol have fun comparing the disparate treatment of the criminal justice system.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
making strikes illegal is loving stupid

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

What does he add to the civil suit?

The x - factor :ninja:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We should disarm all police and repeal the 2nd amendment

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
eh requiring a BA shrinks the potential hire pool for police departments which in turn should incentivise these institutions to institute more robust / effective training regiments because they can't just replace bad hires with rookies. It also would likely require that they pay better to compete with other industries that a BA would open up their applicants to. Who knows what it would actually look like in the real world though.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Now replace "cops" with "military officers" and see if you still agree.

I don't really understand what you're getting at with this statement. Cops shouldn't be earning poverty wages and we as a nation should not be hiring bottom of the barrel applicants to police our communities because that's all we are willing to pay.

I fail to see the relevance of comparing cops to military officers, and my experience in the submarine navy generally only put me in contact with an officer corps that was incredibly competent on average.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 13, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We need a judiciary that is willing to stop believing that law enforcement is acting in good faith.

In essence, we should stop giving the benefit of a doubt to the people who have literally all the power and all the protection.

That's uh, not the purpose of the courts. It would make a lot more sense to fix policing than to have courts assume the government is acting in bad faith.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
As much as that guy sucks individually it makes me wonder how hosed up that department is all together .

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Using a video edited to start in the middle of the event is exactly the same as using edited body cam footage to implicate the suspect/victim in police assault cases.

Congrats, you're a cop.

Using cop tactics against cops?!? In the court of public opinion? Never!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I sure hope all evidence presented by those rioters will be presumed to be legitimate, but somehow I feel they're not actually cops

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah not that unbelievable. It's one of the main reasons why departments generally handle things in the way they do. Cuz getting sued is loving expensive

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus Christ even the edgy cop posting is falling flat as hell. Maybe take a break and think of a real :iceburn:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MRC48B posted:

IDGI, how is this not entrapment?

Their behavior after enrolling IE never attending classes or registering or anything is probably going to be used to claim that they enrolled strictly for the Visa and had no intention of actually attending any classes and we're therefore engaged in some bad faith conduct to skirt immigration regulations

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah everything I've learned about immigration law in school has been pretty repugnant. I wouldn't really take any DHS narrative at face value

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Every cop involved in that shooting needs to be off the streets

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Forgot that a jewelry store heist kicked all this off. Are those businesses not insured to hell and back generally?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
This all seems like some ticky tacky poo poo to critique for people who were headed into a firefight in the middle of a regular day in a civilian environment.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I dunno, first response plainclothes officers not looking like a well oiled kill squad is not the worst thing in the world. We don't know what exactly their understanding of the situation they were in was this photograph was taken. We also don't really know how long they were bunched up, what other priorities may have been playing into what they are doing, or really loving anything. Fighting about whether they look right seems like an odd red herring given the fact that they were responding to a loving mass shooting event, but those have become so common place in our society that I guess this is where we are.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

If they can’t do their job right they shouldn’t be doing it. That’s incredibly simple. And for some reason controversial.

I mean if the policy was just to wait for swat, wouldn't that be equally as contemptible? An officer died responding to the scene ASAP and when you don't know exactly who you are supposed to be shooting at (except maybe a person with a gun) it seems that it would follow that you are likely headed into a clusterfuck.

All and all from what I've seen I think these officers were doing their job as well as could be expected or demanded.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Smiling Jack posted:

if people can't post well they shouldn't do it at all

lol you're just begging someone to poo poo on you huh?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Some of the quotes from the articles with the local Hasidim community questioning whether they are still safe in NY and NJ are pretty striking.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Are the cops in Aurora unionized? I know similar cases have been taken to trial in other judicial districts in CO (minus the cop part). Not really doing anything seems suboptimal

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
For my next trick I'll have you guess how many women female suspects had consensual sex with the police while wearing handcuffs!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I like the cop thread because talking to cops in real life is a completely loaded process with a huge amount of presumption and defensive posturing on both sides of the conversation.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Edit: nevermind

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ruddiger posted:

*watches a video of a cop getting away with giving a nine year old girl a headshot*

Good sir I would like to buy you a dinner on me.

How dare you ghouls antogonize these HEROES of our great capitalist society. :mad:

Jesus this thread is loving dogshit wtf