Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Man, 15+ years later and I still hear Dominic in my head with the voice of Numbah 1 from Kids Next Door.

Won't lie, it's actually kind of fun going through the old comics even thought i don't remember most of this. Pretty sure I tapped out not too long after he started doing updates seven days a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, but then that means you’re also hearing him in Young Joseph Joestar’s voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaJUmefY1I

Ahahaha excellent

Regarding the new page: didn't someone predict this exact outcome a page or two ago? Jesus

Edit: ^^^^ yup, there it is

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Why would you do this? Why would you ruin me like this so completely??

Because it demanded to be shared.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

"If I had a nickel every time a naked women I barely know started cuddling me while she was sleeping I would have two nickels--which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice"
-Snout, probably

Going back to the subject of reading, my first thought was, "Guys, of course Mookie reads! He has all the Dresdin Files books and has read them more than once." I honestly thought that was where the conversation was headed and I was prepared to be right.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I reiterate:

Happy Landfill posted:

"If I had a nickel every time a naked women I barely know started cuddling me while she was sleeping I would have two nickels--which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice"
-Snout, probably

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Man this guy is just super excited to be drawing flaccid dong

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Looking back at those comics and honestly? I'm a big proponent of safe sex and using protection but why does the way DD go about it make it feel so gross?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dabir posted:

if Arudak was fully, glisteningly erect it would be the best thing Mookie's ever made and would prove he's finally mastered the concept of self-awareness

I would respect him so much as an artist for this :allears:

Do it Mookie.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

With a better artist or storyteller I'd be tempted to call this deliberate repetition

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

"The ink witch wasn't abusive, this is abusive!"

The Ink Witch was still abusive, Snout being a magnet for abusive people doesn't absolve her.

Oh god this is where it's headed, isn't it?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'd be kind of curious what his site analytics are like. I mean, we know his readership is not what it used to be

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, I wish I knew where he was going with this but at the same time I'm not sure I do? Doesn't help that this thing moves at such a snail's pace and who knows if any of these plot threads will get any sort of resolution (or development!) anytime soon.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Legosi is a good boy :kimchi: bummed Beastars ended

I definitely agree with whoever said (this was a while back) that they would have a lot of respect for mookie if he just came out and said that Legacy was mostly for himself and he was posting it in the hope that there might be someone else out there who got some enjoyment out of it...but at the end of the day it was definitely just for mookie's personally satisfaction as an artist. The idea that he's doing Legacy with an audience in mind is just...I dont know, it's kind of sad. Especially after seeing how little he's imporved or grown as an artist. Reminds me of a (former) friend of mine who was somewhat popular among our local con scene back in the 2000's and just never grew past that despite everyone else moving on and growing as people.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I still don't understand why she has to be naked

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Robot Style posted:

I wonder how much of this is Mookie working through his own issues rather than just trying to tell a very problematc story. Remember, this whole arc started when he had to take a trip to a cabin because

I can definitely see this being the case because otherwise I just come out of reading the updates like, "I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that?" and honestly it doesn't help that it feels like the story has changed track several times...or had a tenuous grasp of the track to begin with. Frankly, it's good that he has a creative outlet so that he can work through those issues in private

this is 100% a joke about Legacy's readership

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just make her some clothes you lunatic :magical:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Well, he's gotta post -something- while he spins his wheels and thinks about what happens next in the story

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, the longer this goes on the weirder it is that she is still naked. Same thing with Ink Witch's name.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm somewhat surprised he didn't use this as an opportunity to draw more flaccid mongrel dong

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

TheHan posted:

Wait lemme try this again

holy poo poo piss

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Moldless Bread posted:

Not completely naked. The Ink Witch is wearing her hat.

Which is somehow the weirdest thing for me.
It totally makes the ham-fisted inclusion of nudity stick out even more.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Who What Now posted:

This an objectively better comic in every way with just one minor change

God this is so much better in every way. It actually trusts the audience to understand what's going on.

Edit: with everyone dunking on Ready Player Two I think a point can be made that neither Mookie or Ernest Cline actually trust their audiences--Cline with his incredibly obvious references to the most popular movies/music of the 80's and Mookie with his, well...everything

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 24, 2020

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm sorry you had to find out like this

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm actually impressed--a clear, solid goal. Well done? It only took *checks the comic dates* ...uhhhhh

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

So if you see a hunchback
Why don't you take him out to lunch, Jack
To say hey thanks a bunch, mack
Thank you for being a hunch

If it wasn't for the one in the middle showing us that they're hunchbacks I would've just assumed the one on the left had boobs.

Bless you. Bless you for making a The Critic reference in The Year Of Our Lord 2020. And this reference specifically

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I am so, so glad I tapped out of reading DD long before this point. Jesus.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

At least everyone's wearing clothes this time

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

A more confident writer could have easily done this without the little papers of dialog

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The real Legacy of Dominic Deegan was the friends we made along the way :downs:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

ryde posted:

Im just thankful we haven't gotten the Dominic Deegan version of the John Galt text.

Patiently waiting for this edit

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The symbol of order is just...a cube :effort:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I just
...I just don't like Snout. He reminds me a bit of Greg, the super-innocent Nice Guy, who also rubbed me the wrong way. I think it's the blank slate, nice boy un-personality, but he also builds couch forts so he's ~☆so random☆~.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I know the Deaf tag has been brought up to death but it loving sends me every time. I don't even have the words for it but it is such an indictment of his failure to tell a convincing story and convey important character traits. There just HAD to be a better way to show Snout is deaf and just ...doesn't

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This page would have been the better dialogue-less comic if not for....uggghhh :cripes: :bang:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just...rubbin' his dick all over that guest bed

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Billy Gnosis posted:

Why does Mookie talk about an act of kindness with this page? What is happening? Why is she naked again?

Because nudity is mature. This is a mature story

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Look man, I'm nostalgic for the mid '00 con circuit, too, I just feel like there are better ways to express this that doesn't reveal deep-seated insecurities. poo poo dude, just buy a flourecent yellow wig from eBay and give it bad Naruto spikes or something.

Random thought: does slowbeef know about the existence of Legacy? I feel like I remember him posting a lot in the old thread.

Edit: nevermind, searching DD on Twitter reveals Hbomb telling him about it.

Fake edit: my god he's been doing this comic since 2019. That both seems too long and yet not long enough

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 14, 2021

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oh that is excellent :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

He absolutely looks like he's taking a piss in that first panel with the way he arms are positioned and how his robe is hiked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Billy Gnosis posted:

We saved your friends life but it wasn't worth it if you made you feel bad.

That is basically what he's saying, isn't it...?