Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Look all I want is the sparring mode from Xmen Legends back

Let me shoot Thantos with the riflemans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Am I alone in thinking that the stagger mechanic is kinda lame? Seeing Hulk smash a fool head-on and them not even reacting really, really sucks. In fact, there's no sense of force behind my attacks at all.

Meanwhile even the biggest hero gets tossed like ragdolls by random mook's attacks.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

RatHat posted:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't beat Ultron or trials near my level. I'm using synergy attacks and everything but the AI partners just suck and constantly get hit by attacks.

The AI is dumber than a bag of bricks as per Team Ninja standards so don't expect them to do anything more complex than "hit the enemy closest to them".

I've never even seen them synergize off of other AI party members, which makes the Synergy Trials absolutely infuriating.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

The combo system is literally just mashing one button. Even Dynasty Warriors at least let you finish with a strong attack for gently caress's sake!

It's weird because there is clearly work and polish put into the game but not on the most important bits (mechanics / game feel / poo poo that Marvel fans would be into like the costumes). It's like they ran a marathon and then went for a coffee on the last mile.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

This game is decent in the sort of way that made me wish it was better, which kinda sucks. It's probably not worth the asking price.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

I want Jean Grey but this version of Jean Grey.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

The Midniter posted:

Yeah I was pretty disappointed after I saw that fully upgraded, it’s A damage and A stagger but just so limited with who you’re able to use it on.

Can't have fun cuz ~stagger mechanics~

Seriously, who the gently caress thought that worked? It's such a lazy way to to balance anything.

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 26, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

VanillaGorilla posted:

The whole game honestly feels worse the further along I go. A lot of the setpieces are poorly designed (e.g. the statue sequence in Wakanda ), enemies feel really spongey unless you're aggressively outleveling the content, and the game heavily disincentivizes swapping between heroes if you don't feel like grinding the largely un-fun infinity trials. Also, don't get me started on the camera, it's just really bad.

Game should have been a budget title but we're on a Nintendo platform so here we are.

Really wished Raven Software were brought in for this (like MUA1 and that Wolverine game were actually crazy solid) but I guess they've been banished into the Call of Duty black hole forever. Shame.

Not a fan of Team Ninja.

And the grinding thing is baffling: you're making a game that's wide and shallow, fine, but you also want to force players grind out individual characters? What?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

This is as real a game as borderlands or destiny. Shallow fun you can spend hours on if it suits you. Don't know what you folks were expecting, this is the game they advertised.

Oh please, it can't even hold a candle to the first game in its own series.

Like alright, you can like it and I can see why, but let's not pretend it's what we wanted out of MUA or we'll keep getting the same.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Mostly what I'm hearing in defense of MUA3 is the graphics and flashiness - which is true, mind, it's pretty and stuff - but you're huffing the kool-aid if you're really suggesting the combat is superior.

Like yes you're still the Hulk and punching fools but when combat mostly boils down to mashing light attack (or heavy if you're Magneto) and then hitting a synergy attack when you have the EP it gets repetitive. Well okay, *more* repetitive than usual.

Also the utter lack of weight behind my attacks hurts my soul, as someone that likes playing heavies.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

If all you're doing is hitting light and heavy that's you. Depending on the character, their attacks link into the their specials. Someone like gwen has multiple links to use. Hulk has a specific dash that links with his jump and attacks making him pretty nasty.

This sounds like people saying character action games are boring because they spammed a free combo the whole game.

Attacking canceling is grand and all but that's hardly "a new option", especially when enemies with stagger gauges just knock you on your rear end halfway.

I guess my main gripe is that the only things that staggerable enemies can be blown back by (consistantly) are Synergy and Extreme attacks. Even stunned enemies just slide across the floor like a corgi dragging its butt while Hulk uses his charge skill. Nice for damage since there is no i-frames in the game whatsoever unless they're lying on the ground, but terrible for game feel.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

jeffLebowski posted:

i feel ike you guys arent hearing me... i know how to play the game. im at the penultimate level. i get it. im saying that the game isnt fun, not that i cant play it successfully.

as in, the combat is not entertaining or satisfying whatsoever.

granted, thats a subjective statement, but it is what it is.

i dont really see how the 'feel' of a brawler being bad is the players problem.

i mean, if it works for you, thats cool i suppose. im just suprised that team ninja, whos given us some supremely satisfying melee combat in the past, was only able to come up with this system... a system which is missing grabs and throws like the previous games as well as feeling terrible.

how is that a controversial statement?

thank you. exactly.

vOv I've said the exact same thing and their counter is always:

1) How dare you complain the game for children is bad
2) The dodge button is there (never mind that the Hulk has to dodge tiny ninjas to survive)
3) It sold a billion copies and therefore everyone that bought it must love it and therefore you are wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

I unlocked Punisher and noticed that his heavy actually has its own combo.Hoping that'd be a trend.

But yeah Gauntlet seems to just be Infinity But In A Row.