Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I’ll take the Sharks :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select with the 21st pick Artemi Panarin

I heard he likes the ocean or something....

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

bold strategy to completely miss your first two picks of the draft. usually people wait until we get to the later rounds.

The Oilers strike again

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 42nd overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Evgeny Kuznetsov

The Breadman will meet the Birdman

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 83rd pick in the draft, the San Jose Sharks select Torey Krug

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The logic was that a lot of the cost control guys I wanted were gone and I wanted a goalie who was a starter and not expensive or poo poo. I'd be shocked if Hart doesn't play around 50-60 games next year.

Goalies are voodoo so :shrug:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

I’ll take Zack Werenski and move the draft on.

You gently caress

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Those are both good picks

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 104th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Nazem Kadri

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 145th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Justin Faulk

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 166th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Tukka Rask

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 207th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select André Burakovsky

Edit: the remaining options for my 1RW were pretty sad so I’m going in on upside...

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 24, 2019

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

Perhaps not the best player/contract available, but being able to play any forward position means I can now shift to defence/goal without fear of missing out on a decent 3c, but if one remains he Miller can shift to 2rw.

Miller is good but streaky, however he was probably the best overall winger available in this draft for a while now. It’s just a real lovely contract.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Now that I actually have a full starting lineup I’m pretty happy overall

Panarin-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Kadri
Krug-Faulk
Rask

I missed on a true elite 1C but got a very dynamic pairing between the Birdman and the Breadman. Burakovsky could be a dud that never matches the hype but he has a high ceiling. Happy to have Kadri and his skill set at 2C (until he kills someone during the playoffs or something). Krug and Faulk are very good PMD with a great first pass. Faulk is a defensive liability sometimes but both have real strong possession numbers. Crazy fun PP squad with this group. Picked earlier than I wanted on goalie but I think Rask is worth it.

I’m entering cap hell now so I can’t wait to see how I screw this up.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

I don’t understand why Saad was still available this late given some earlier picks.

Honestly thought he was gone

Edit: but also 6 million eek

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Sharks select Henri Jokiharju

Now I have an Andre and a Henri on my team!

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 26, 2019

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

TJ Oshie because at the moment he's still productive despite his style of play and his age, and he's good at drinking beer through a t-shirt. Contract runs a bit longer than I'd like but, eh. Moving Donato to LW too.

Ehlers - Dubois - Kucherov
Donato - Backstrom - Oshie

Nurse - X

Hellebuyck

I like this team a lot

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 269th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Ryan Dzingel

sorry I hosed that up for a second, thought he was gone!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Don’t forget Greg McKegg

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Hurry up so I can draft Zac Rinaldo to play Kadri’s wing

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 291st overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Jack Roslovic

He was really underused by the Jets and I think his ceiling is high

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 331st overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Michael “Mr Empty Netter” Grabner

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

I think we should expand the window, when you get this far in, you really have to take time to consider all your choices

I need at least four hours to decide between Adam Clendening and Greg McKegg

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

eXXon posted:

In previous years we did first-come first-serve for half of a round at a time but that was after round 20.

Speaking of which, it was better when we went 30 rounds. Flex your AHL/unsigned draftee brain muscles.

Oh yes

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 352nd overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Timothy Liljegren

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

FBS posted:

The Ducks welcome back French Jesus, Mathieu Perreault. Last season was disappointing for Matty P, he only put up 15-15-30 but his ice time was cut down significantly because his coach is a moron. He's still an effective and versatile player and he still makes his teammates better when he's on the ice. He's 31 but I think he can bounce back to a 40-point-pace middle six guy if he's deployed effectively. FIRE PAUL MAURICE

E. Kane - Aho - Stone
Johnsson - D. Strome - Vatrano
Perreault - Sundqvist - x

Ekman-Larsson - Mayfield
Ekholm - Larsson

Saros

Ekman-Larrson and Ekholm and Larsson is a master stroke

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select....of course...Joe Thornton

Who wants to see the Sharks without Jumbo? Just hope he doesn’t get paid too much!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

corn on the cop posted:

I'm pretty and have many admirers so here are three quick ones:

VOTE1 selects Wayne Simmonds

WeaponX selects John Moore

stab selects Daniel Sprong

Thanks. My original pick for “cheap veteran d who can skate well and kill penalties” was taken when Coburn got drafted so I went with the unremarkable but solid John Moore.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

Yeah I figure as a #4 he should be really good.

Here's my updated lines with the Green pick:

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-Palat
Lindblom-Zacha-Beauvillier

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon-Green

Rinne

poo poo this team is good

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Team sheets of spread would like to select Brandon Pirri who might be good but hasn't stuck in the NHL despite putting up .4ppg I forget why pretend there are 900 words on made up stats here.

drat you

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select Vitali Kravtsov

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yeah it’s a risk especially with Kakko added to the mix but I still think he is gonna be a really good player, he has KHL experience (and thrived) and will prob make a solid case for staying in the NHL this year

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

I'm gonna take my backup goalie now also, Alex Georgiev.

He's young, theoretically good, and most importantly, helps keep me under the cap.

He’s good, he‘d be starter on a lot of teams. poo poo he pretty much was the starter last year

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select Mattias Janmark

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

poo poo, the San Jose Sharks select Brendan Lemieux

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select Luke Glendening

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks select Jason Demers

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

fawning deference posted:

Zuccarello-O'Reilly-Mantha
Voracek-Hughes-Connolly
Vesalainen-Bjugstad-Frolik
Goldobin-Jarnkrok-Howden

Hronek-Klingberg
Severson-Fox
Hutton-Aho

Varlamov

I think my team is pretty deep, and if my four rookies (Hughes, Vesalainen, Fox, Aho) are as good as they look to be already off the bat, that gives me something very formidable. But then again, I took Zykov and Tolvanen last year, so...

This is a good team. Very solid skilled two way players everywhere, would be a tough team to play against. Defense is a bit of a questionable mark outside of Klingberg tho.

You made up for that lovely first pick :)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The San Jose Sharks will take the underrated and incredibly unlucky Anders Nilsson as the backup goalie for Rask.

Serious about the unlucky party, he played for the 13/14 Islanders, the 15/16 Oilers, the 16/17 Sabres, the 17/18 Canucks, and now the Senators! What a nightmare! And somehow he kept over a .900 career SV%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

JawKnee posted:

He was atrocious on the Canucks last year. Maybe he just needs time to put it together, there were definitely games where he was good, but I'm also glad he ain't on my team any more

Not sure about last year but he seems to consistently outperformed the team he is on in the past...the problem is that he has only been on some of the worst teams ever.