Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

can't wait for all the liberal scolding about decorum and respect for the law when this gets overturned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK2VLhbSaoc

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

retrial! retrial! retrial!

possibly the worst possible outcome for those unindited co conspirators and constitutional lawyers

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
obviously the only way you can fairly judge a sex crime is if you haven't been the victim of a sex crime

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jel Shaker posted:

retrial! retrial! retrial!

possibly the worst possible outcome for those unindited co conspirators and constitutional lawyers

it'd be hell for the victim/witnesses though. might be hard to get them back in the middle of a blizzard made of omicron particles

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I believe it was Adams who said he would rather see 100 pedophiles go free than one innocent man go to prison

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

tag yourself im Dennis Kucinich

David Carradine

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I believe it was Adams who said he would rather see 100 pedophiles go free than one innocent man go to prison

speaking of founding father pedophiles, I have a memory of reading about some early American general or admiral. apparently they were a massive and well known pedo. but now I can’t figure out who it was. does the Epstein thread know of who I speak? or did I fabricate this memory

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

speaking of founding father pedophiles, I have a memory of reading about some early American general or admiral. apparently they were a massive and well known pedo. but now I can’t figure out who it was. does the Epstein thread know of who I speak? or did I fabricate this memory

Admiral John Paul Jones was caught abusing a child on an ambassadorship to Russia and got away with it by claiming she was a prostitute

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the defense is gonna say ghislaine got convicted for the juror's abuser's crimes and she gonna walk after witnesses strangely die and cant return for the retrial

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

Wasn't Amerigo Vespucci, the guy who the country was named for, a pedophile/child abuser?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

Wasn't Amerigo Vespucci, the guy who the country was named for, a pedophile/child abuser?

in 1500AD a guy could buy a piece of paper saying literally anything was cool with god

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

in 1500AD a guy could buy a piece of paper saying literally anything was cool with god

More like in 1950AD.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
so what, this juror sat through the entire process, jury selection to verdict, and then ran to the nearest media source to yell "HEY I WAS MOLESTED TOO!"?

drat did they stop off at the bank first to check their account balance or something?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

so what, this juror sat through the entire process, jury selection to verdict, and then ran to the nearest media source to yell "HEY I WAS MOLESTED TOO!"?

drat did they stop off at the bank first to check their account balance or something?

Apparently they used a personal anecdote to sway everyone else during deliberations or whatever, jury alone time

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

pentyne posted:

lawyers from both sides have to be ripping their hair out. nobody ever ever wants to know anything but the broadest strokes about the jurors for this exact reason

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

this is a huge reason why trials involving cars are so heavily biased to the driver, because most jurors sit there and empathise thinking “yeah that could happen to me” or “nah, i totally should have right of way on a pedestrianised mall forecourt actually”

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/newsthump/status/1479026587001573378
i lold

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Anyone got any guesses how close Epstein's links were to Santoshi?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreedZach/status/1479132573578240001

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yo check out this new graphing filter I made, I call it "the planarian"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

which way does the pedo spiral go? that way I assume :smith:?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

let's make it impossible to compare case count spikes without a ruler, very smart design

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/mdemone/status/1479208016620707845?s=20

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Joementum posted:

lmao they're clowning on us

https://twitter.com/business/status/1479217677721874436

(the trueanon about this is gonna be loving fire)

lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

liz is gonna destroy this guy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wow what happened to believing victims

animist
Aug 28, 2018
random thought: I wonder how long 4chan has been totally controlled by intelligence

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

animist posted:

random thought: I wonder how long 4chan has been totally controlled by intelligence

forever

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

animist posted:

Same but also same question about forums.somethingawful.com

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

animist posted:

I was posting there a lot as a teenager, and idk going off memory and my own intuition, I'd say in the wake of chanology. That's when the site's active user count started to baloon and some of the more virulently dogshit elements of its culture were introduced.

aside from internet brigading/harassing pundits like hal turner, that was the first moment 4chan actually did anything of substance in meatspace, probably getting their attention, if it wasn't there already.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean they had a guy watching these forums and Eve online

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I think everyone who reads these forums and plays eve online works for intelligence

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
well yeah what else are you going to do with that skillset

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

:nsallears:

Call me paranoid but I don't think it was an accident that the US State Department effectively modded DnD for most of SA's history

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 14:42 on Jan 7, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Mhm. This list is incomplete:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Vile Rat, Brown Moses, Taryn Fivek, Ion Hasikostas... hmm, probably nothing. Who cares about a dead gay comedy forum? :wink:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Private Cumshoe posted:

I think everyone who reads these forums and plays eve online works for intelligence

Nah, Mittens is too good at his job to be any part of the American intel establishment.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I mean, it's a civil settlement, so the sum total of the Epstein estate's remedies consists of "demand she pay the money back". I'm also not entirely sure what happens re the settlement if she gets subpoenaed.

GJB, your actions, words and attitudes towards Tara Reade are disgusting. I will catch roundworms and make you eat my poo poo.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

ughhhh posted:

anyone have anything relating to the 2020 Nashville bombing that will help me crack ping?

https://twitter.com/FinessaFudges/status/1343969097734877184?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

okay so the assertion here is that he was attacking some piece of the federal surveillance panopticon, but what is the poo poo about the woman he gave his house and property to?