Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Epstein is top story on abc national news, a lot more attention is being paid to this than I would have thought.

My question is who is behind the trial. Why dredge this out into the spotlight when there is so much potential for collateral damage? Epstein and his crimes could easily have been relegated to plausible conspiracy theory rather than a national news story.

I know that the FBI hasnt turned into the revolutionary vanguard overnight so who stands to gain from all this?

Reminder that FBI counterintelligence has "gone dark" and stopped briefing Congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Duscat posted:

also, a famous pedo blackmail billionaire would be an obvious high value target for any foreign intelligence agency hoping to gain leverage on a rival nation

in hindsight not prosecuting billionaire criminals to preserve decorum may have been a bad idea

Assuming he hasn't been working for one from the start. His employee Mrs. Maxwell is the daughter of a guy who was reputed to be connected to Mossad.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Percelus posted:

lmfao netflix pulled all the episodes of that lovely chelsea handler show one day before epsteins arrest, the big companies got word of what was coming

Had she spoken out against him or something? I never watched it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

paul_soccer10 posted:

She went to his welcome home party after he served 13 months

Ohhhh. That's a whoopie doodle

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

What does this mean then? My thoughts immediately go to gaining legitimacy for a coup but that seems pretty alarmist and this could easily be far more innocuous.

A few months ago Rep. Schiff said the FBI has not provided any updates to Congress on the counter-intelligence investigation into Russia's interference in the election in over a year and a half. They stopped right after James Comey was fired by Trump. Apparently this is very not normal and in fact violates statutes.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

here's ghislaine maxwell (epstein's "right hand women") at chelsea clinton's wedding:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

since conspiracy literature has postulated the existence of a CIA pedophile dragnet since the 70s it’s likely even if he’s mossad it’s still only the tip of the iceberg in terms of global intelligence community pedophilia

so of course the outcome would be “wow so Israel starts doing what everyone else has been doing for years and now you single them out, wonder what’s about?” like every other human rights crime they do

I mean... how long has the catholic church been doing its thing?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's quite the loaded question. When is that Church supposed to have been created? Do we recognize Saint-Peter as the first Pope? Is it the Council of Milan?

lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lol that a billionaires website looks like such poo poo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Theris posted:

So it seems increasingly likely that qanon/pizzagate were false flags* to prime the public into disbelieving the more incredible aspects of this, right?

*I'm 90% sure there's a specific term for "conspiracy theory introduced or promoted to distract from an actual conspiracy" but I can't remember what it is.

Edit:

Yeah probably

it's called disinformation and it does seem plausible!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

I've always called that disinformation. the flames of 9/11 truthers being stoked by the Bush administration is, I don't know, a disinformation campaign as a diversionary tactic? what stands out to me though is the concept of a "useful idiot". take pizzahate as an example: I doubt that it was started or even signal boosted by intelligence agencies, but a powerful trafficking-ring would see a red herring for the populace—it's so absurd that it makes the real possibility of an Epstein seem absurd by association. so the useful idiots keep being useful.

reminder that michael flynn's son and mike cernovich were both among the people fanning the flames of pizzagate

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dick Dorkins

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'm kinda sad about Stephen Hawking though. Oof.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

He's "a friend of ours", capiche?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/nyregion/epstein-witness-tampering.html

Epstein charged with witness tampering by federal prosecutors.

Apparently tried to wire $350,000 to witnesses

NYT is also now apparently blocking private mode viewing of articles like WaPo. Guess I won't be reading either of them anymore.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

Delete your cookies bro

private mode...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Poopus? Turdos?

Crohnus

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Imagine being born on Martha's Vineyard and living there ones whole life.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dersh is so loving guilty it hurts, lol. I think there's a non zero chance he blows his brains out in the next few weeks or months.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

trump often takes a schvitz, that's where he tweets from

Schvitz my pants? Are you kidding? Schvitz my pants? That's nuts!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Peevin' Stinker

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm gonna laugh if roger stone's number is in the recent call history or some poo poo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

i feel like we're all dead for knowing this obvious conspiracy and botched murder attempt

We certainly are after Trump consolidates enough power for the purges to begin

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Feranon posted:

there was a post I saw on tumblr of all places about how like, when it's really obvious that someone has been suicided by the power elite? they do this blatantly sloppy poo poo on purpose to say "look what we can get away with if you gently caress with us"

it's a lil :tinfoil: but then again so was the idea that all the worlds most powerful people were a bunch of chimos so yee fuckin haw I guess, if timelines were like rivers then clearly humans have decided on niagara falls

just bc ur paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

I've always wondered how many autoerotic asphyxiation deaths were actually humiliation murders. It seems like the number must be >1

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Reminder that Cernovich, Flynn Jr and Don Jr were all pushing Pizzagate. It seems like a disinformation OP to me. Mix the truth with bullshit to muddy the waters.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I bet there were some Jim Henson - Fred Rodgers parties in the 70s that would make Jimmy Savile blush

oh god dont say this

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

It says it was the prosecution's request, so it looks like it's so other people who are under investigation don't book it?

Acosta was the prosecutor last time, lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

why is mcafee in jail

Posting pictures of himself and his wife holding high powered sniper riflee in Dominican territorial waters

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bloom posted:

What if, and I'm just putting out ideas here, but what if we killed the rich?

We could even use a machine that lops their heads off in 1 second

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

It’s surprising that Epstein himself is consistently outmatched by the people around him on the creep factor.

I mean we do know he tried to pull “Well actually it’s ephebephilia” via his publicist but Dersh puts in the real work to come off worse.

He's clearly accustomed to lording over people and bullying, and the tactics aren't working for him anymore and he's freaking the gently caress out. It's great. I bet he cries like a wounded animal when his sentence is read out

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

lol lets not get ahead of ourselves here and assume justice is served with overwhelming evidence to the contrary

Yea true. He does seem to be pretty worried lately though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

it’s going to turn out that his plan actually worked and that they’ve been covertly flooding sperm banks with his samples for years

"Highly successful hedge fund billionaire and philanthropist" :barf:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al! posted:

what the gently caress is that thing

that is a photo of jeffrey epstein's penis

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

jfc. it seems the rot really goes deep on this one, lol.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the feds did turn one of the "lulz sec" hacker group and got him to snitch on all the others

there was also the time a couple months ago that the fbi filed some filing to get a court to order one of the chan sites to turn over server information and one of the supporting documents was a printout of chan posts where the site labeled some of the anonymous posts with "(you)" revealing that the fbi agent was posting and trying to convince chan posters that russian intelligence was behind some conspiracy theory instead of the cia or mossad

lol i knew sabu online back in the mid 90s

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Did the dershbag's daughter get her massage from epstein himself?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

jfc that puppet poo poo.

"Show me on the puppet where I'm going to touch you"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Over Easy posted:

Epstein is an anagram for E.T. Penis

he's finally gone home

ET bone home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU