Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Siljmonster posted:

lol epsteins gonna get merced by blackwater and eric prince and betsy davos will move more children to eppstein island for the remaining billionaire pedophiles

are you suggesting that epstein has evidence that could lead to the arrest of hilary clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

TenementFunster posted:

it’s gonna rule when epstein “kills himself” next week and this entire thing goes away expect for the dersh taking an “i told you scoundels that i was totally loving innocent” victory lap and wins a bunch of defamation suits

pretty sure a guy doesnt last decades blackmailing the most powerful people in the country without a loving killer 'in the event of my death...' contigency

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

what dersh should have done, was said nothing and waited for things to pass, but i am glad he dragged his own parasitic rear end out into the light

he remembered that he got away with murder but forgot it was by keeping his mouth shut

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
of course it would be larry summers

it's like the old joke make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot

larry summers is the most advanced idiot ever produced by the american university system

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
the cursed +2 amulet of strangulation, 'information leading to the arrest of hillary clinton'

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
it's high time to end the archaic prohibition on murdering witnesses, by alan dershowitz

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

comedyblissoption posted:

like if there was a dead man's switch, epstein might be stupid enough to put the switch and its payload physically located on his properties to let them get trivially seized and defused by the feds, but he might also not be that stupid

this was a man who thought there was an undiscovered particle responsible for the feeling of being watched

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

sure know a lot about dead man switches :crossarms:

dead men crack no pings

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

MaxxBot posted:

The Epstein-Barr Virus

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
lol at 'apparent suicide' as opposed to like 'suspicious death'

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol at this guy who thinks he ever lived in a reality based world

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

new theory: ghislaine maxwell flipped to the CIA to have epstein killed and assumed a new identity to placate the pedo cabal and take over the business more discreetly as long as she brings back information to the CIA regularly

her dad had mossad connections and died mysteriously

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Mariana Horchata posted:

normal thing to tell the paper

:smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog:

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
gotta love how after nerds took over everything has an absurdly dystopian name

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
i cant wait til the harry potter generation is naming evil megacorps

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

GreyjoyBastard posted:

incidentally this guy is definitely one of the sources that kickstarted Epstein's career and the biggest one that might not have been a criminal enterprise

lol im sure he was the first blackmail target

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

ok the number neighbor thing is good now

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

gh0stpinballa posted:

toying with the idea that this is happening because russiagate failed to take down trump. maybe the anti trump part of the cia said gently caress it bring in epstein, limited hangout. but another pro trump part of the cia or maybe the fbi was like wtf are you insane he'll sing like a canary.

bezos stirred up the pot because he's mad that they tried to blackmail him about his dick pick

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

while this is hilarious if im smuggling a well connected person out of the us its gonna be on an oligarchs private jet or yacht or something

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
lol at 'believed'

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol that the republicans are right about this one (for the wrong reasons but still)

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Ytlaya posted:

This part basically confirms what Citations Needed was saying about Bill Gates on their episode about him:

Basically Gates specifically tries to cultivate the narrative of himself being some great philanthropist figure and makes organizations who receive his money publish pro-Gates propaganda. And unsurprisingly he also hangs with people like Epstein.

Some of the best evidence for the efficacy of Gates' propaganda is that even a lot of self-identified leftists like to cite him as some "exception" and "how billionaires should be."

a foundation is a great way to not pay taxes on a bunch of money while still controlling what happens to it

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

gh0stpinballa posted:

why didn't he set up the dead man switch? all i can think is he had, and therefore he isn't actually dead

he did but whoever helped him set it up flipped on him

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

empty whippet box posted:

I've thought this for a long time, like, those stories are ridiculous and insane but the part about everything being controlled by billionaire pedophiles feels like more or less established fact at this point

the end of that stream swhere they snuck people into the van!! what the gently caress!! what the actual gently caress, how is this not blowing up on the news right now? :wtf:

in the pre social media days this all would have gone down a memory hole

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Seriously though- why the hell was she in the US instead of some country with spotty extradition treaties and an easily bribed government? She's right, right?

easily bribed govt is spot on for the us

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Delta-Wye posted:

I can follow bits of the math, I'm just doubtful about some of the early assumptions. There are a couple of authors who are prolific with antigravity/exotic physics research for the AF, and usually their papers look sound if you ignore things like the assumption about negative mass or other 'exotic' starting points. I haven't spent the time to properly read this (and probably have to read some background info to understand the application of this fractional order system to social graphs) but it feels similar, you bury a couple of stupid assumptions in a couple pages of dense/dumb math with the knowledge that the people paying for the paper aren't going to dig into the details. Either way I would be very surprised if they have a bunch of research but no practice with such ideas.

the fact that the authors cite chaos solitons and fractals is a red flag i would think

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
i always assumed that the cia found that lsd and other psychedelics helped some people resist coercive influence and this is one reason they are not legal

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

this reminds me that i need to read that copy of a law unto itself ive got around here somewhere

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

multistability posted:

Yeah I mean like John Dee (occultist & alchemist who advocated for the foundation of the "British Empire") was one of Elizabeth I's top advisors - it's all just occultism masquerading as science masquerading as occultism masquerading as ... ad infinitum for these freaks

my theory is john dee really did contact an angel and the angle was like

oh these sexually repressed monkeys want the keys to the cosmos? gently caress that i am going to tell them to swap wives

contact w supernatural beings is a v effective scientific technique but it's not without risks

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
newton lost a fuckload of money investing in the slave trade

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
decoherence is true

panpsychism is true

the second law of thermodynamics implies knowing the secrets of the universe shortens your worldline

the cia killed Voedvodsky w a basilisk

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

not necessarily but it does w high probability

someone find the quote about Boltzmann and ehrenfest

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Riot Bimbo posted:

No i mean like what is a worldline here

oh it's like lifespan.

in relativity space and time form a 4 dimensional thing

so a creature's lifespan traces out a path, or worldline in spacetime.

it's like in Vonnegut

shortened means the creature dies before it's time

a lot of v smart people died early

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Zodium posted:

everything is true

ty for playing (1+i)|truth> + (1-i)|lie>.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

mdemone posted:

I didn't say anything about string theory damnit

but that line of research allowed Maldacena to show in 1995 that the action of information on the surface of the bulk can describe a quantum field metric in the volume, also known as the AdS/CFT correspondence

that's "anti-de-Sitter" which describes space, and "CFT" which is conformal field theory for the bulk volume within.

the other thing about string theory is homological mirror symmetry

a strange machine that seems to be a physics theory but it produces true theorems in math

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

Consensus reality is real

nominative determinism is real

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
imo this is the general weird poo poo thread

good place for academic shitposting for sure. the academy is lousy with spies

more things in heaven and earth, more things in heaven and earth

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

War and Pieces posted:

If game developers had any balls they would do a surviver shooter set in Fort Bragg

fayettenam o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
everything is real

but what you experience is the path locally extremezing the action functional

Zodium posted:

everything is real. trivialism ftw

qft