Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i remember last month(? may?) when grindr announced it was removing "ethnic filters" from the app and being like WHAT

ethnicity filters have been a thing on tons of dating sites/apps for a long time. It's remarkable that Grindr decided to get rid of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Write what you know :hmmyes:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

I cant wait for the dersh tweet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Only in spirit. The original was this, which is 100% real:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, he kept a literal list of his clients.

but yeah I doubt literally everyone who shows up in a picture with him necessarily knew who he was or what he was doing, since rich and especially famous people default to smiling for the camera with strangers. a lot of them did tho lol

I dunno, if Ellen fukin Pao knew what he was about then I'm pretty sure it's an open secret for anyone who's above a certain level of wealthy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

she knew because he had already been convicted and finished his sentence
Ah, fair enough

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean tbf I don’t know who Ellen Pao is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Exactly! She's a former Reddit CEO. But as doc pointed out that's not as damning as I initially thought

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

10-15 years ago confirmation of UFOs would probably make a bigger splash, hell I'd have been giddy about it. Now we've all got much bigger fish to fry lol

Maybe the aliens are just watching the apes self destruct

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nut posted:

I long ago decided that ufos as aliens are just cover for military tech projects. I dunno if that’s right but its a belief based on massive distrust in military agencies which is def right :hai:

Oh yeah it's for sure this. A lot of early ufo reports turned out to be things like F-117 or B-2 tests

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

the truth is that any alien capable of interdimensional travel would view Earth and its inhabitants the way you or I view a busy anthill or a monkey jacking itself off with poop for lube.

True, but to be fair, if you and your friends were driving across a vast endless featureless desert for decades, and you happened upon an oasis with an anthill or a monkey jacking itself off with poop for lube, you would 100% at least swing by to have a look.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Planes are pretty cool tbh. Though my favorite is the A-10

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

imagine crossing the vast void of outer space on a courageous adventure to this lovely planet only to crash and have dipshit monkeys try to figure out how to turn your remnants into some kind of gun. gently caress you in every hole you've got

e:

Backweb posted:

Also Sightings, Unsolved Mysteries, and X-Files all owned hard as a 90s kid.
hell yeah

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Eagerly awaiting dersh's Twitter meltdown

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

new aphex twin video lookin good

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TOO TOO HORNY DEAD TO LIVE, TO CUM

:agreed:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cuppy tea posted:

a good post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Did the cspam mods take stupid pills as part of some kind of ritual last night or what

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

my cia handlers are telling me to stop browsing the forums at work

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

so this was funny and all but cuppy's still probed. All symbol and no results, that's lib poo poo

though kudos on actually having the stones to respond to people unlike noted coward Brutalist

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

LK's account found in burning car with two self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the back of the head in apparent suicide

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

twoday posted:

There was a mix-up at the pharmacy when I tried to refill on crazy pills

wouldn't happen under communism smdh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Suplex Liberace posted:

the joke is over

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted though? Whether cuppy intended to be a short lived gimmick from the start or they just couldn't help themselves, they sure swung for the fences

Kudos to lk for playing the spook. Tamam shud

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Feral Integral posted:

Speaking of gimmicks the clique and shut down stuff is pretty tired and I wish people were allowed to just post in this otherwise awesome thread.

Agreed tbh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Famethrowa posted:

free cuppy

His candle burned hot and bright before slamming into a wall labeled "holocaust conspiracies" at mach 3

F

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wheeee posted:

cuppy tea doesn't sound like the schizophrenic ramblings i've heard before, just garden variety credulous dipshit conspiracy nut who believes everything

probably for the best not to pathologize their posts and just let the fact that they were stupid enough to post holocaust conspiracies on SA in 2020 suffice

:agreed: we don't need posters trying to diagnose someone with mental illness over the internet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Happy Thread posted:

You'd think this is the one thread, on all of SA, where a sudden discord-coordinated astroturf posting spree to get posters and mods to fight for fun would be instantly recognized as such once this thread becomes the day's target. If even the most highly conspiracy tuned minds can't spot that behavior then that goes a long way to explain the rest of the forums' reactions to griefing. It's why online is altogether hosed up as a platform for communication and discussion

Good job giving them attention dipshit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

almost there posted:

whatever gets you off, then.

, they unironically posted in the epstein thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol at obese computer touchers trying to cosplay revolution by writing long diatribes towards the Moderators

Who says they're trying to cosplay revolution instead of just writing how they feel

Seems like projection to me tbh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

wet_goods posted:

I've been staring at this thread title for months and it still doesn't make any sense to me

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

multistability posted:

I'm too drunk to reformat it sorry

I can thumbnail all those for you real quick if you want me to

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

multistability posted:

ok, so what I've done is used my to screenshot pics from a google docs file and uploaded the images to imgur. i guess this is unreadable to people on PC monitors for some reason? although im on my laptp now and it looks fine (if a bit oversized - but still completely readable to me, idk) to me. is there somethign i can easily do to fix this? (i am very lazy)

You could probably just copy/paste the text, or link the google docs, or copy/paste it all to a pastebin if you don't want people following a link to your google doc.

For now I can thumbnail those pics for you if you're down.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

multistability posted:

Thank you! I would appreciate that a lot

Done! :)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Demilich posted:

What the hell is a Gladio?

Here's some basic info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

quote:

Operation Gladio is the codename for clandestine "stay-behind" operations of armed resistance that were organized by the Western Union (WU), and subsequently by NATO and the CIA,[1][2] in collaboration with several European intelligence agencies.[3] The operation was designed for a potential Warsaw Pact invasion and conquest of Europe. While an invasion never happened, some of the anti-communist armed groups engaged in the harassment of left-wing parties, terror attacks, massacres and torture in countries such as Italy.[4][5][6][7] Although Gladio specifically refers to the Italian branch of the NATO stay-behind organizations, "Operation Gladio" is used as an informal name for all of them. Stay-behind operations were prepared in many NATO member countries, and some neutral countries.[8]

The role of the CIA in Gladio—the extent of its activities during the Cold War era and any responsibility for terrorist attacks perpetrated in Italy during the "Years of Lead" (late 1960s to early 1980s)—are the subject of debate. Researcher Francesco Cacciatore, in an article based on recently de-classified documents, writes that a "note from March 1972 specified that the possibility of using ‘Gladio’ in the event of internal subversions, not provided for by the organization’s statute and not supported by NATO directives or plans, was outside the scope of the original stay-behind and, therefore, ‘never to be considered among the purposes of the operation’. The pressure put forward by the Americans during the 1960s to use ‘Gladio’ for purposes other than those of a stay-behind network would appear to have failed in the long term.[9]

Someone more knowledgeable than me and with a better ability to summarize might be able to give a tldr

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cohsae posted:

drat Ghislaine is stacked

Bad! Down!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Is that getfiscal?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

emily blunt force trauma to a striking miners head

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: just saw this was posted in cum warriors which was probably a better fit

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Aug 13, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Given the number of other digressions I don't think this thread is solely devoted to Epstein, no. Also Epstein was close to Bill Gates and put a lot of money into biotech, including virology research

You're not wrong but you're probably more likely to get better or more relevant answers more quickly in the covid thread. I don't really mind if anyone discusses this here fyi, just trying to help

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nut posted:

I genuinely still dunno what woo is, is it that major traumatic events are magic spells?

woo is a pretty wide category of magical-thinking or snake-oil type stuff. Reiki, magic crystals, that kinda thing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

paul_soccer12 posted:

free Perry Mason Jar

I've freed him in the only sense that matters

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

These receipts don't say what you seem to think they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

i will not stop remarking on how much it loving rocks that the mainstream line is now:

"it is conspiratorial thinking to not believe in the secret russian mind beams"

War is peace, ignorance is strength, Russian mind beams are sanity