Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Speaking of Calinas, shooing off packs of wolves every ten minutes really gets old fast. Like the first few times you're fighting for your life before you really know what you're doing it's intense, but then it's just a chore and an incessant periodic interruption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Oh cool, yet another of my trademark shitsnipes. Here's the cool post I sniped:

skooma512 posted:

Been getting in to this game. I bounced off it before because I couldn't find any animals, but now I know what I'm doing and more patient in general.

A gold Red Deer with a huge rack was coming towards me on Colinas and I spent like 15 minutes going low and slow, waiting for the perfect shot instead of rushing it. Got an instant kill at 50m. I can see why people made headdresses from the antlers, seeing those things coming towards you in the dusk is genuinely eerie.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I found a diamond red deer in Cuatro recently, up at the lake with the toxic waste drums. I figured I'd get him with a bow and spent an inordinate amount of time creeping slowly closer. Wind was bad, the angle was bad and he was surrounded by females, being the absolute unit that he was. I wound up alerting one of his girlfriends and off they went.

Well, nevermind, I thought, I'll try again next day. So I jumped to the next morning and there he was. I covered the first part of ground wiftly, but noticed that they'd picked up on my arrival and gone to "alert" status. Time to lay down and crawl, I thought to myself, only to fatfinger the "Z" button and hit "X". Which wouldn't have been a problem, except that my keybindings had somehow been reset and the never-used "Whistle" function had now returned to it's original button, "X".

Yet another 24 in-game hours later and a single gunshot rang out over the lake. Now I have a nice trophy in my lodge. Nevertheless, I'd like to have a quiet conversation with the brain genius at EW who decided that the "go prone" and "scare all the animals" buttons should be placed next to each other.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Which reminds me of the Red Dead 2 controller button thats a hairline difference between cut their bonds and kick them in the head when someone is tied up on the ground.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

OgNar posted:

Which reminds me of the Red Dead 2 controller button thats a hairline difference between cut their bonds and kick them in the head when someone is tied up on the ground.

Or the pressure-sensitive buttons in MGS3, where pressing certain buttons slightly too hard means you're playing Call of Duty instead of being stealthy.