Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Those who already played this game share your thoughts.
It's good, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Rank ur episodes

(high to low)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MMF Freeway posted:

Arcane Expanse
Domain of the Sentinels
Abyss
Solar Solstice
Astral Equinox
Sacred Path
Forges
There's an "official" order to them, you can find it on the wiki. For me E1 and E2 are really neck in neck, it's just that E1's a really strong start that really sets the tone for the rest of the game.

Accordion Man posted:

For me Dusk wins out because Amid Evil has got some real slippery platforming while Dusk has none. As I said though Amid Evil is great.
Yeah, DUSK definitely has better movement and AE's jump is honestly kinda pathetic. It's also just really memorable the whole way through (don't much like Brimstone Ghetto tho) and while each episode of AE is thematically unique, individual levels tend to blur together just a little bit. AE definitely wins in the visual department, and its weapons look and feel better. I'd say both games are about even when it comes to their bestiaries, though of course AE's unique monsterset per episode is real cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never got into Quake. From what I remember I had problems with how bullet spongy the enemies were. Ooooof course, the last time I tried playing it was probably over a decade ago and I also only got into Doom a couple years ago, so maybe I was just dumb.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah it took me a couple tries to suss out exactly how they worked, and I wasn't sure at first how I was getting my mana back. Basically, they'll refill your mana but when he shoots a beam at it, it also determines what type of attacks he'll use.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never had a problem with the jumping puzzles, I had a problem with the combat while you're on an inch-wid platform puzzles.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Spiders? Nothing in this game really looks or behaves spiderlike. I checked the wiki and assuming you're talking about Crawlers they're a static, turret type enemy and don't even really animate. The enemies in E2 are more like tentacle monster fusions but are still pretty standard bipedals.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AnEdgelord posted:

I think they're some crystal ones in the arcane expanse but they look more like diamonds with legs than anything even remotely organic
They look almost exactly like HL2 antlions, only made of glass.

Arrhythmia posted:

Just finished this game on Evil difficulty. I'm surprised at how many people are pro-Volttride and anti-Chaos Claw, because I had pretty much the opposite opinions. I hated the volttride and barely used it, but got a ton of mileage out of the chaos claw.
I liked both!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Big post about the game's weapon sprites over on Unreal:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/tech-blog/amid-evil-crafting-3d-weapons-into-2d-sprites

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's definitely a case of doing something just to prove you can, because I can't think of any reason they wouldn't have just used models otherwise.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Because it's a cool thing to do, which is good enough for me. They got people talking about it after all.