Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I just picked this up. Is there any trick to the secret hunting, because I've only got 6 of 9 on the first level, and of those missing 3, I can only see where one is, but can't get to it. Do any of the secrets require smacking a wall otherwise completley indistinguishable from the other ordinary walls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Hwurmp posted:

A lot of the secrets are hidden in little alcoves that you can only see from just the right angle.

That was the last one I found, a hidden opening in the ceiling with a button which opened up a portal to a megahealth.

The others I found were the one under the start platform, the shotgun sword in the water, the one in the interior lake, the one where you jump over a fence to get the blue mana you could see from outside, and the one inside the support column in the interior lake.

I can take another look for more hidden-angle openings, but I've been looking for those all along.

EDIT: up to 8/9 now, one of the ones I thought I collected this time, I hadn't.
EDIT 2: Got them all.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 22, 2019

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Arrhythmia posted:

Ignore it and get back to killing monsters

The real monsters are the secrets we miss along the way.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Oh wow... "CALL AARDWOLF AND SAY APOGEE!"

Man does that take me back. Between this and the secret Dopefish level, this has some fantastic references. That one was really satisfying to find because I found it all on my own. My eyes just fell on a random wall and I thought "that looks suspicious".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 23, 2019