Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Just finished this up, played on Evil difficulty. Really good game overall but I felt like it ended a lot weaker than it started due to the order I played the episodes in. I had no idea what the episode order was so I ended up doing the Arcane Expanse really early. :haw:

My ranking: 6, 5, 3, 7, 2, 1, 4

No question Solar Solstice was the bottom of the barrel for me. Level architecture was pretty alright, but the enemy types just flat out sucked for various reasons. Very Serious Sam feelin' episode in all the wrong ways. Props to the absolute nothing of a boss as well. Oh yeah and gently caress all the stupid decorative torches in this episode that deal damage to you. This is the only episode I'd say I don't like, everything else is Good to Awesome.

For the final episode, I think I finally started getting the hang of all the enemy types towards the end, and I feel like it ended pretty strong. I think if I took a second pass at this episode, or it had just been a little longer or introduced some of the BS enemy types a little more clearly, I would have liked it better.

Forges, I guess it's not a popular episode but I really like what they were going for. They just ... really need to ease up on some of those enemy types, especially early on. Excellent theming in the episode in general. Super lame boss though, that goes from "what is this this is dumb" to "oh it's dead in 3 seconds" because Mace exists.

Arcane Expanse, it's pretty much perfect. Awesome theme, great music (the dynamic tracks are sooo good in this one), good enemy types, I liked the crazy rear end architecture here better than the final episode too.

I pretty much love all the weapons to death, except the rocket launcher. Surprisingly poor damage, slow travel speed, bad damage radius, more dangerous to yourself than enemies, and in a game where half of the dangerous enemy types are ones that fly towards you at breakneck speeds. I pretty much only used it against enemies specifically weak to it or big slow enemies I didn't want to waste useful ammo on.

Huge ups for being able to shoot through loving walls with the sword, I love that thing so much.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU