Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Thaisa Moreno's contract with Milan expired and it looks like she's a free agent. She was one of the better players on the team and scored a few bangers during the season so I'm disappointed the club didn't offer an extension (maybe they did, I'm not sure). Anyway she'd be a decent signing for anyone in Serie A and probably abroad for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

Probably a broad? They don't check these things in Italy? paisan pls.

:smugjones:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Atlanta would seem like a good fit for a team. Big metro area, well supported MLS team, plenty of venues to play at. Would still really like to see a team come back to Boston at some point, but the last thing the league can afford is overexpansion.

If the team could land a stadium somewhere T accessible again I’d start going. I foolishly only went to one Breakers game when they were playing at Harvard. The open cup games there for the revs are awesome.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What happened with the revs moving to a new site in the inner belt / assembly row?

Honestly it was probably a made up rumor. Would’ve been nice but the area is totally developed now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Qualifiers for the next euros in 2021 start tomorrow. Don’t think there’re any real top level encounters, but I’m not really familiar with most of the teams.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Italy just defeated Georgia in Euro qualifying, but despite a 1-0 win it was a tactical disaster and the likelihood that Denmark destroys us in the next match is high unless something changes. That said, 2 wins for 2, hard to complain!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Some or most of you are probably familiar with Caster Semenya, the olympic track star from South Africa that the IAAF has a lot of trouble categorizing because she displays some hyperandrogynistic traits. She's just signed with a South African football team:

https://twitter.com/caster800m/status/1169897609839857665

Pretty neat, hope she does well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Now that most of the euro leagues are underway, added tables to the OP. Italy starts next week, and is Fiorentina v Florentina a derby? Because that seems pretty awesome.

Yes, but it’s not truly an inter - city one. Florentia is based in San Gimignano which is close to Florence but is a part of Siena technically. Florentia was the name of a Roman city that eventually became modern day Florence.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

highme posted:

Looks like I chose the right night to say "Holy gently caress I've been at the stadium enough the past 2 months."

Also, despite enforcing the bullshit MLS ban on political speech for Thorns games too they had a swearing in ceremony for recently enlisted troops at half.

SuPpOrTiNg OuR tRoOpS iSnT pOliTiCaL

Fiorentina got loving hammered by Arsenal 4-0; that was kinda predictable. They barely scraped in to the CL as it is and Arsenal are good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is the opening weekend for Serie A, only one match left to play. Milan and Juve have been the only winners so far, Milan defeated Roma 3-0 and Juve defeating Empoli 2-1. Everyone else has played to a scoring draw.

I realized this too late but Roma was streaming their match on Twitter for free; I’m hoping they keep doing it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Norway thrashed the Faroe Islands 13-0 in euro qualifiers today :stare:

I watched the Italy - Bosnia highlights; Italy won 2-0 but it could’ve been more. Italy and Denmark are at 4/4 wins each, so whoever wins those matches will handily top the group.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan won the first women’s derby today 3-1. The bums on the men’s team could learn a lot from them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

xeria posted:

Amazing what happens when you deign to hire a GM who gives at least a fraction of a poo poo about the team:

https://twitter.com/SkyBlueFC/status/1196473217872994305

From a rustbucket camper parked at the training field just to have a single bathroom present ("look! we definitely addressed your complaints!"), to playing your whole next season at Red Bull Arena.

That owns.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan women beat Inter 4-1 in the coppa Italia to progress to the quarters. Very good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan were down 2-0 at 50 minutes this morning and scored 3 goals in 20 minutes, including an 89th minute winner to take a comeback win over Roma at home. Juve are (of course) way ahead of everyone else but 2-3-4 in the league are only 5 points apart and Milan have a game in hand.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan won the derby today, comeback win from 1-0 down to win 2-1. Berglind Thorvaldsdottir has 4 goals in 4 matches; she seems like a great signing. Next weekend is the big match vs Fiorentina, who Milan are tied for second with.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I posted this in the Serie A thread because I forgot this thread was here!

The women’s Serie A was officially called; no title will be awarded. The European spots were decided by tie breakers, Milan lost out on champions league football on goal difference to Fiorentina. +20 to their +25. Ugh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Italy beat Israel 12-0 yesterday to qualify for the euros. Seems a bit of a rude score line imo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan has qualified for the CL for the first time in their (short) history. We’ll get rekt but it’s good to be in it!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Italy beat the Netherlands today in a friendly, in traditional late 90s Italian fashion. 1-0 penalty in the first 15.

Italy was actually the better team imo; couple of good chances went begging or were defended well. In particular there was an a awesome backheel pass to Serturini who ran all the way to the touch line and put in a good cross that Bonansea managed to make a mess of in the face of the keeper.

Anyway it was a better match than the Roma - Milan cup final a week or so ago which was a disaster from start to interminable end of penalty kicks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Phwoar the ankle breakers. There is a thread in the olympics sub for the tournament btw.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I mean as long as the players are not being paid in griftcoin then I don’t see much wrong with it. It’s a sponsorship like any other.

I don’t like the industry but it’s flush with money right now and hopefully the NWSL gets paid from this. Just have to hope the league isn’t actually tying anything financial to the crypto market.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan seems to be in the middle of turning the team from title contenders to mid table because the manager, former Milan men’s team player Maurizio Ganz, is alienating all of the good players. After losing Hasegawa in the summer and benching/not even calling up Vero Boquete, it’s being reported that the captain and arguably our best player, Valentina Giacinti, is on the way out in this transfer window. Absolute shame, and I wonder what the hell is going on.

Nobody is admitting anything in public yet; I hope Ganz isn’t some sort of sex pest.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think it would be great for womens football to get out of FIFA but I think attempting to get FIFA to pay for it while they split off seems like a recipe for disaster. You know they’ll manage to somehow make it so they get paid for eternity while offering a pittance to whatever is formed for 5 years before it turns one sided. The teams and leagues themselves need to do this together.