Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I played this game for an unhealthy amount this weekend. It's surprisingly good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Demiurge4 posted:

From my experience it's next to impossible to make a difference in a battle as a solo player, but you can make big contributions by driving trucks of supplies solo.

I dunno, I held a flank solo last night that allowed tanks to move up and kill a BB and secure a front.

This game has a very "small actions lead to large effects" sometimes. You can pull off solo moments that do have larger knock-on effects.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

bird food bathtub posted:

Does anyone have an autopsy of what happened with the storm cannons stuff? An hour head start on that stuff and I was certain colonials would be obliterating our front lines but hoooo boy did it not turn out that way. We actually raided Saltcaps last night and destroyed one manually when I thought for sure it was going to be a poo poo-flinging artillery fight on steroids.

From what I was able to gather: Collies teched 300mm first. It took them about an hour to fire their first SC, as they had to produce the ammo and truck it to the cannons. These first few shots were horribly ineffective, as they appear to have shot places that didn't have storm cannons. About 20 minutes after that, We tech'd 300mm. Around this time, their first effective SCs came online on the west side of the map, and we lost a few SCs. About 30 minutes later, collies east side cannons started firing, but by this point we had clans ready in their SC bunkers with thousands of bmats ready to start hammering. The SCs survived the salvos. About 10-20 minutes after that, the first SC ammo for the warden side got off the trucks and started to be loaded. This is where the timeline gets a little hazy, as lots of stuff happened in very rapid succession. Warden qrf and partisan forces started really killing collie spotters, and lots of SC trading happened. It appears over that hour or two, Wardens generally came out ahead in the SC trades, but both sides lost a lot of storm cannons. Warden's losses were mostly concentrated in the west, and Collies in the east.

Once US Primetime hit, the SCs were on recharge, and the fronts started pushing with tanks. Wardens broke through handily in the east where the collies lost their SCs. On the west, it appears that since we traded at a slight disadvantage, the fronts havent moved but at least the defenses held.

All in all, it was a big brawl, the doom and gloom was extremely unfounded, and the fight continues.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MREBoy posted:

Rumor mill stuff that I've heard says Colonials are not as efficient or well versed at aiming SCs compared to some Warden groups who put up guns every war.

Yeah, from what I gathered, Wardens shots were either ranging or on a SC for the first 4-5 hours of them up. Some collie guns fired for the hell of it. When it came to down to it, Wardens made their limited shots count, and that's what lead to a lead in the SC trades.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I'd play the poo poo out of that war. Look at all the hexes to distribute pop and have no queue in!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Looks like the war is coming to a close. One VP remains!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

He was alone, under a bridge, behind the front lines. We Gottem.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735610831429042278/903575801490980914/2021-10-29_03-17-09_Trim.mp4

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

alexandriao posted:

Can I get a valid invite :)

This game looks like a lot of fun but im worried that I won't be able to dedicate a fair enough amount of time to it :ohdear:

the OP has a perma invite: https://discord.gg/8KapFpB

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

they also might just end this war early

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I'm actually looking forward to the goofy poo poo we'll do with bridges. creating ramparts over walls looks cool but we might finally be able to go over the walls of Blemish

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yep, war ends. I got nuked again for the second time.

Probably next war sometime next week when the devs patch the game.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/foxholegame/comments/rdszcs/war_85_htd_vs_tactical_nuke/

I was in the tank.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Looking forward to screaming around Farranac all war. Unless it's a EvW war again in which case fuuuuuuuuuuuu

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

T1 bayos are going to be wild. Also unlocking nukes before the ability to shoot them is gonna be funny.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Danann posted:

ngl the last thing i expected out of foxhole was seeing a lot of people experience accurate union organization circumstances including the out-of-touch hostile employer and lots of first timers slowly realizing the value of direct action

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We had an extremely successful artillery op today. We moved the front line really far in Oarbreaker with 3 120mm guns. We killed 3 bunker bases and counter batteried their arty, causing a full 200 meter advance of our frontline. it was insane.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GOON is chill, but i've been trying to get more ops going and organized stuff.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Vorenus posted:

Had my first login in a year the other day, looks like the Wardens are getting paved this war.

Yeah, game is really unbalanced right now with colonials having an insane early game advantage. We're in the "fuckit" point of the war, which is usually where the most fun battles are since everyone dumps stockpiles and you have access to everything.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Wars going well. We were defeated by a bridge (not the collies, but the bridge itself). However, the rest of the map went insane and took territory faster than late game storm cannon pushes. So we're way ahead right now and settling into the buildup phase of the war.

Big ups to the devs for removing the ISG. It's not in the first 3 techs and it's after multiple counters, so we'll probably just never see it. That means all our gains today can be realized by building up and not getting plunked down by a gun we can't really kill.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

Like always last night we had a fantastically destructive artillery operation and helped CL and the V group roll up a lot of the non concrete Colonial fortifications, I look forward to the AAR from Roy.

Boy, how to cover 5+ hours of an insane op in a single post.

So, night before, we unlocked 120mm artillery. Got some boys together to make 3 guns with the intent on aggressively delivering the 300 boxes of 120 ammo to the colonials. Original intent was to flatten Brine Glen, but CL and V wanted to take Boot so we ended up doing that.

We dug some arty pits north of The Pits (boy that confusing to communicate), and started shelling Callahan's Boot town hall. This made the colonials _very_ angry, and they rebuilt and crossed the bridges at Boot and Brine Glen and started a major assault backed by 4-8 120 guns of their own, both from Boot and from the Pits-Brine Glen road. They broke through with a really solid push north of The Pits relic, and we had to emergency pack up our gear and get it the gently caress outta there. Collies were literally running between our flatbeds while we were craning them out of the arty pits, but we managed to save all 3 guns and got the heck outta there.

We then worked for a few hours to repel the invasion. Me and a few others started patching up the anti-partisan wall that had decayed the day previous, and most of the goons were fighting and defending the Pits relic base. V eventually managed to get a bonerwagon into range of the arty and they killed one of their arty guns and stole another, causing the rest of the collie 120s to pack up and leave. No more enemy artillery meant that we were free to move about the deadlands without counter batteries, so I told our team to pull up a 120 gun and support the counter attack. We then shelled both of their bunker bases in a really quick and effective mobile artillery brigade. I want to try this style more often btw.

After we recovered from their push, CL and V managed to prevent the collies from blowing the callahan's boot-pits bridge, so the game was afoot and we were able to advance faster and more aggressively than we were pushing before. We pulled back two of our guns into the original arty pits we dug, and began quickly shelling the bridge fight, with the intent to help move it along. Wind is a mechanic that makes danger-close artillery pretty hard to do, so we racked up some sweet teamkills in the process. It was pretty funny. We walked our artillery forward with the advancing infantry line, and eventually killed a bunch of garrison houses, a mortar house, and flattened their town hall (I believe one of us got the killing blow on it with an arty shell). We continued to play cleanup with the 120s we had remaining.

After Boot was secured, we put one of the guns away and went back down to a single arty gun, where we killed a 3rd bunker base. Their last 120 wheelchair was sitting at this random bunker base and they were trying to set up to prevent that BB from being taken, but we started counter batterying them before they even got a truck up to supply them. They ran in a panic off into the distance and we never saw them again. After that, I had to get food because this was a 5 hour adventure but I'm pretty sure everyone packed up and just joined the fighting after that.

A few hours later after, some goons got a gun set up on our side of the river shelling Brine Glen, so I logged on and joined that with a second gun, and we turned Brine Glen into a moonscape. Was a fun bit of small scale combat as they sent 2-3 people across to harass us (but they weren't very good) and we just spend a few thousand shells killing wet concrete and poo poo. cowcowcow and crew were also there shelling with gunboats, and we killed probably 2,000 man hours of work in a chill evening of shelling.

All in all, successful day.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, we fired a record breaking amount of 120MM shells that night.

We blew that record out of the loving water tonight. Well over 3k shells fired today at brine glen.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kore_Fero posted:

I had a cool interface mishap happen today. The button for package artillery is right next to the Submit Large item button (i.e. load a shell into the gun) on the interface. Had just spent 4 mins as a two person team ranging the gun and now get to sit through a 8s uncancellable action as I slowly put the gun back into a shippable box :mad:

press V to submit quickly

Sometimes you drop it on the ground, so pick it back up, move slightly around to get into the submit spot, and then try again. You eventually get the hang of it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

simplefish posted:

Is there a good stream? I really like the narratives from this but am not in a position to commit time to playing cohesively

moidawg isn't a terrible streamer, and he's on our faction. One of his clanmates is a goon (Barent). We worked with them a bit last war but they're in queue hell right now so while they're next door, we haven't seen 'em much.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Radio Free Kobold posted:

uh oh we might get shelled

We're gonna shoot them with ours

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Sextro posted:

Cool beans then, I just meant more of timing to not catch the community here on a downswing in activity or something.

Nah, our activity is pretty high. We're feeling a bit of pressure right now due to a lot of our work getting blasted into dust but we're trying to figure out where to rebuild and keep defending deadlands.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Well, good news, despite our crushing defeats day after day, the rest of the map is starting to push. We broke through part of Terminus and even crossed the Marban river.

Little victories add up. Sounds like concrete is starting to die and we might see some map progress after being stalled out for a week.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We've got 20+ person queues in multiple zones

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, we were in most of those fights. Crossing the bridge into Silk Farms and linking up with the Reflection push was just :discourse:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The spotter didn't even have binos. They hipfired a nuke.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Foehammer007 posted:

You know wardens would do the exact same thing, this game is goofy toxic at times

Wardens did exactly the same thing about 3 hours after you posted this

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentRockyShrewAliens-Qj1vT9ARkajPvb2W

Lmao.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

Always lock your tanks.

mr drake wrenched it while a ONE guy was standing there shouting "someone kill this guy" lmao

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The bigger issue is that developers don't actually ban anyone if you do report them. There has been a guy running around named "Il Duce" for a while, who complains how triggered liberals are when they talk about his name. I asked him if he was going to hang with his namesake later and he got extremely mad

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

pokchu posted:

Fun fact: 82dk hides every wrench in their hexes they can find, while for a GOON, a wrench is a holy artifact to have on hand at all times.

Luckily, there haven't been too many incidents :)

"hey does anyone have a wrench"

Goons: :bisonyes:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Well, war was hard but now we are definitely winning :toot:

It was really touch and go there for a bit. We almost really lost for stupid reasons.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

goons have become experts at taking baths.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I had one of the funniest moments playing last night.

There is a bush in Baths that has a stone wall through it. This gives you cover and concealment. I was hiding in the bush with an ATR as a Spatha slowly crept up at night. After it got well within my range, I took a bunch of pot shots at it. It panick'd, and fired at my bush... hitting the stone wall i was behind. Since the guy couldn't see me, he could not fire over the stone wall, causing me to take no damage. I kept firing at it, so it fired again, once again hitting the wall. At this point, I stopped firing so he'd think he got me. They pulled back maybe 4 meters to get out and repair, and I immediately started shooting again. To which they panicked _again_, trying to get the tank out of there and getting stuck on a trench husk. Eventually they got free (i nearly disabled it).

They repaired up and then proceeded to creep toward my bush 4 more times, with the exact same thing happening. They'd fire at the bush, hit the wall, and I would keep firing. Eventually they fired a flare at me and I had to run, but the tank wasn't there at the time. So I ran around to the other side of the road to another piece of cover and waited... and the tank slowly crept up to the now empty bush, firing at it the whole time. I put another 6-ish shots into the tank and he panicked and ran again.

Eventually they got a bunch of infantry to throw like 6 bomastones at the bush and clear me out (by that point, I had gathered a collection of us hiding in this magic cover-granting bush). It was extremely funny the whole time.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, basically, two coalitions got into a fight over a bunker base at spearhead and started teamkilling each other. Then, in a completely different area, another outfit got mad that someone was building near them, and started teamkilling anyone building around Luxa.

All in all, a total poo poo show.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

So apparently it was all started by two French clans arguing over a BB lol.

nah, it was a french clan and an american clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

I'm in SIGMA regiment and we're also focusing our efforts on conquering Farranac Coast and building a second line base up near Cord. Does GOON have a diplomat in the SIGMA discord? It could be worth looking into doing joint ops and mutual logi support.

Yeah, you're welcome in the goon discord (all goons are). A number of people in other clans are both goons and diplomats for their clan, so you would not be the only one that is in another clan. Just a word of warning though, SIGMA has not endeared themselves to the greater Warden faction for a number of reasons, mainly a bit too much ego and not enough results to back it up.... but we're a chill bunch and you are welcome to hang out and just kinda, be in our discord.