Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Had a buncha fun defending ahhh idk some place earlier this morning.

Lotta trench digging and hiding in bushes to stop pushes. Lost a tank crewed by two Russians because they stopped and ate like 3 full minutes of AI machine gun bunker fire. Not sure what happened after as I ran outta cigs

It was like at the center of the front middle map I can't remember every name! Most wars I don't see more than 20% of the map lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

verbal enema posted:

Had a buncha fun defending ahhh idk some place earlier this morning.

Lotta trench digging and hiding in bushes to stop pushes. Lost a tank crewed by two Russians because they stopped and ate like 3 full minutes of AI machine gun bunker fire. Not sure what happened after as I ran outta cigs

It was like at the center of the front middle map I can't remember every name! Most wars I don't see more than 20% of the map lol

I think I was there with you mate, huge concrete bastion facing off against our quickly thrown up trenches? That was in Marban Hollow at the border base.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Phrosphor posted:

I think I was there with you mate, huge concrete bastion facing off against our quickly thrown up trenches? That was in Marban Hollow at the border base.

yeah we were below some kinda hill ridge? tons of of concrete ai

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hey I think I was there too. Right past the border base? I hadn't really ever built anything and the enemy had seemingly started to ignore the area so I was just throwing up bunkers and trenches, haphazardly making a path towards the crossroads with barbed wire and upgraded structures since there was like 1k bmats, and then a few more people joined in and next thing I knew there was a huge loving bunker city, it was pretty cool!

But then they just started lobbing artillery at it from within their massive concrete bunker complex on the hill and destroyed the bunker base, and then everyone left, and by the end we had fallen back to the initial bunker base and everything lay in ruins.

Super fun though!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Might be for the best, you have to maintain the structures and AI feeding it two different resources now and then.

Speaking of, our SC complex is nearing drying keep your eyes open for anyone weird lurking about. The signs are down. Bayonet anyone shifty looking near the the Snunker or Crunker cores.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

MaxPowers posted:

That isnt the argument I was aiming for at all. I was aiming for that it was incredibly shittier than it is now. Nearly unplayable.

The requests on the logi union site may all look reasonable but are all things that would create crazy gameplay imbalances.

I would like you to expand this. What about "more unstucks per war" causes an imbalance? Or "Hold time for factory orders is too short."?

In the first case, I need unstucks because the game is effing janky. It is possible, even likely, for my animation to get stuck in a "hole" between two parts of a bunker base and then spend eternity in a climbing animation. Right now I have to ask somebody to shoot me, wasting a shirt and potentially a uniform. If unstucks came on a timer, or if I had more of them, I could just go "right, game bug, moving now."

Refineries hold finished objects for a long time; as long as I keep refining, my stack of stuff is safe. This means I can easily accumulate enough mats to do an MPF run. MPFs hold finished objects for 48 hours. Factories hold for 20 minutes. If you're doing logi, you are probably doing some sort of mine/refine/build loop, and it's easy to be off doing the mine part when a build finishes.

Neither of those is going to break the game balance.

e. I'll add a third.
Uncrating materials from stockpiles can be extremely tedious due to the fact that stacks do not easily merge.

It sure can. Emats crate in sets of 20. I pull a truck full of emats. Unpack them. Each is a stack of 20. I now have to move each of those stacks back to the stockpile, then back to my truck, to create a stack of 40, a stack of 60, and so on. This is tedious.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 21, 2022

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Uncrating materials from stockpiles can be extremely tedious due to the fact that stacks do not easily merge.

It's usually not that horrible, but a little tedious for sure. Only really ever annoys me when I have to get the 660 emats for 40mm/68mm in MPF (and that's like once a day), when doing "regular factory stuff" it's typically so small amounts that it all fits in a truck without having to stack it. I usually restack emats by moving them to seaport inventory and back, but once in a while there's someone who yoinks it while I'm doing it (but with rmats or hemats, I always do it via backpack). Usually some clueless SSgt who gives them back when I tell them, only once or twice someone who actually tries to steal my stuff. Nonetheless, it would be a very low-friction change if they just changed it so it stacks up all the materials in 100's when you do "unpack crates", and I don't think anyone would object to that. But even then, you have to pull crates multiple times and unpack to get to the 660.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

One thing I love doing and really works is returning abandoned equipment of the dead back to the nearest BB for reuse on the frontline. It's something the developers should encourage really with a dedicated uniform and a truck that lets you stack abandoned firearms.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

uh oh we might get shelled

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

One thing I love doing and really works is returning abandoned equipment of the dead back to the nearest BB for reuse on the frontline. It's something the developers should encourage really with a dedicated uniform and a truck that lets you stack abandoned firearms.

A scavenger uniform, gives you more inventory slots and better stacking, but doesn't let you equip any of it. Would wear.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

We're going to need a Chieftain fleet and some help to remove that.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

SeanBeansShako posted:

That's what I was doing during the push last night. The tricky part is finding a place to build boxes that isn't in the way.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's what I was doing during the push last night. The tricky part is finding a place to build boxes that isn't in the way.

Just grab an ambulance and now you have a mobile box! The scout cars are good too, since they’ll put out intel like a watch tower

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Radio Free Kobold posted:

We're gonna shoot them with ours

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

RocketRaygun posted:

We're gonna shoot them with ours

pew pew

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Good times at The Stray this afternoon

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am quite proud of sniping and sniping off multiple MG and HMG Colonials creeping onto the town hall with the Anti-Tank rifle.

Worth doing if things are going to fall and you want to deny them ammo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SeanBeansShako posted:

I am quite proud of sniping and sniping off multiple MG and HMG Colonials creeping onto the town hall with the Anti-Tank rifle.

Worth doing if things are going to fall and you want to deny them ammo.

Yeah how'd yall get up there I was so jealous

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Yeah how'd yall get up there I was so jealous

Town Hall and established converted houses have pocket bunkers that can be accessed pressing E on the X graffiti.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

SeanBeansShako posted:

Town Hall and established converted houses have pocket bunkers that can be accessed pressing E on the X graffiti.

Q, I think?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

goon stormcannon:

there's some pretentious latin crap on the sign

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sub GOON war objective now for this war, as it is going our way I'd like to see if we can collect most of the Colonial vehicles partly as a current war musuem and partly so I can shoot them in cinema camera mode to experiment with making video versions of my tank killer guide.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Made some serious progress this morning. Took a bunch of land around Bell something. Took Simon's Run and Camp Omicron. Smashed tons of poo poo.

Collies ran outta shirts at Bell and didn't have enough to operate AI turrets so we grenaded the poo poo outta it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

quote:

We can’t bust Colonial heads like we used to but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don’t go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Jade Cove. I needed a new filter for my mask, so I decided to go to Farraville which is what they called Farranac in those days. So, I equipped gas grenade to my belt which was the style at the time. Now, to take the barge it cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of Callahan on ‘em. ‘Give me five Callohan for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had a gas grenade on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white ball shaped ones because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow tall ones.

So it is looking like a serious Storm Cannon duel might be brewing soon.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SeanBeansShako posted:

So it is looking like a serious Storm Cannon duel might be brewing soon.

Good I haven't seen one yet

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

we're going to be getting into a prolonged artillery duel with this big fuckoff base

it's repelled all attempts to cross the border over the past few days. we're going to break it with 300mm artillery buildings.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

While it is too late for me, our Goon Complex in Brine Glen is under assault. GOON up in arms and to Deadlands ASAP to save our Storm Cannon and RADAR.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
update: it's all gone to poo poo!

oh no!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well except for our stuff. So yeah, we're back in Deadlands!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
It’s all gone to poo poo

But we beat the colonials to 300mm.

Payback time

If they don’t wipe out our base first :ohno:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I was ludicrously drunk last night sorry for pitting that tank in the river

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

verbal enema posted:

I was ludicrously drunk last night sorry for pitting that tank in the river

New thread title?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rest in peace Goon SC, you were too pure for this world.

In the future we should not trust a clan known for just running into gunfire to take and hold a key flanking region.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
*goons two days ago* we are so awesome. our base is the best. we have the biggest coolest storm cannons. we're gonna gently caress them up

*goons today* oh god. oh no. we're all gonna die

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

*goons two days ago* we are so awesome. our base is the best. we have the biggest coolest storm cannons. we're gonna gently caress them up

And? :colbert:

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Stereotype posted:

the duality of goon

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
The way I see it is that a small bunch of goons made such a threatening and strategically placed frontline base that the enemy faction *had* to go stomp on it. We were about the only DL base that was built up and decently defended, to the point where other groups built SCs behind us because the area was well protected and we were squaring up against one of the bigger colonial strongholds - who had placed 7 SCs against our 2. Yes we got invaded and blasted in spectacular fashion, as is goon tradition at this point, but you can't deny that our handful peeps made an impact and goonbase gave the enemy some serious headaches.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kore_Fero posted:

The way I see it is that a small bunch of goons made such a threatening and strategically placed frontline base that the enemy faction *had* to go stomp on it. We were about the only DL base that was built up and decently defended, to the point where other groups built SCs behind us because the area was well protected and we were squaring up against one of the bigger colonial strongholds - who had placed 7 SCs against our 2. Yes we got invaded and blasted in spectacular fashion, as is goon tradition at this point, but you can't deny that our handful peeps made an impact and goonbase gave the enemy some serious headaches.

I mean honestly it still is. They leveled a lot of the town and all the fun big stuff but goonfort the fortified bunker base on the river overlooking two major bridges is untouched still, and so far pubbies have been holding the colonials to their side of the bridge

I’m sad we didn’t get to shoot the big guns :(.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
I think they fired in anger at least once and SeanBeansShako got it captured on video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Kore_Fero posted:

I'm still new to Foxhole but this game seems like counterattacks and setbacks are actually viable, which is fun. It's not just "one side starts winning, and then they always win." We got pushed back hard, but Kore_Fero has a good point: we basically forced them to commit large numbers of experienced players to play for 16 hours straight and skip work. Meanwhile they weren't hitting other parts of the front.

I will say that Collies seem better organized at an operational level than Wardens. The new Warden Alliance has a lot of promise, but it's the first war that nascent organization has tried to coordinate lots of regiments.