Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Explopyro posted:

Thanks! I'll definitely be giving this a go at some point.

Although the devs considering stalling cheesy annoys me, I have to admit. I don't object to trying to challenge players, but "I don't like this strategy, therefore I'll go out of my way to nerf it in bizarre ways after players use it to overcome challenges" just makes me think of the Absolute Virtue discussions that kept cropping up in the Pokemon fangame threads.

Which is a shame, because other than that I think whoever made this does have a pretty good sense of how to make things challenging so far, without just resorting to "let's make all the numbers bigger HAHA" like so many supposed difficulty hacks.

Edit: to clarify this, I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather see designers who dislike certain tools to make challenges where those tools are a poor choice, rather than arbitrarily nerf those tools or deny the player access to them. Design difficult content, sure. I like difficult content. But if players find a solution other than the one in your head, that is a good thing and doesn't necessitate changing the game.

I dont know posted:

Eh, I think diminishing returns on refresh is fine. Without it optimal play would be to completely fill health and flower power at the end of any encounter that allows it. Skipping past the debate of whether or not its ok balance to include this, that is tedious for the player. This way refresh is still a very useful ability, but avoid the annoying abuse problem.

I wonder if it's possible for them to compromise, and make a Badge that buffs Refresh. So that it goes something like 7, 7, 5, 5, 3, 1, 0... Maybe make it cost 4 or 5 BP...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

UED Special Ops posted:

Voting for Pay Off and Double Dip for badges, as both look to be quite handy based on where the damage numbers are heading.

This is my feeling. Those two have priority, followed by HP and FP Regen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Quackles posted:

So, for your amusement, have a pic of a Paper Mario romhack that doesn't actually exist:

:honk:

Quackles posted:

Thamz was observed saying "Somewhere between a week and two months". That was a week ago; now there's a note in the Discord saying that development is stalled, so I'd guess 1-2 months.

If we go long enough with no news, I might start another LP to keep my hand in.

TTYD? There's only 2 in the LP Arcive, 1 screenshot that used Waffle Images, and 1 video that used Google and Daily Motion. The screenshot one is dead, but at least the internet archive has the videos for the other one.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

*insert all the postive smilies here; vince, perfect, drat, etc.*

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I read somewhere recently that Capcom re-upped their ownership of it so that may not be entirely true anymore

Blaze Dragon posted:

Actually, according to a leaker that tends to get things right, they're making a BN game right now!

It's a motherfucking gacha!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Not a surprise, really. Every hard mode hack eventually devolves into this kind of stupidity.

chitoryu12 posted:

Imagine being the kind of person who requires that level of difficulty to feel a sense of accomplishment.

:emptyquote:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well that's an interesting turn. I'm glad you're all still on good terms. So many times, it doesn't happen that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Quackles is still alive and working on the game, so your faith is not misplaced!