Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

It was a pretty neat idea to have the Koopa Bros encountered individually so you can see their movesets before the final boss fight. Also, It's always nice to see when these fan hacks give you some more power to make the combat more interesting. I think it might be leaning a little on the masochistic side (RIP Cherry Bombs), but otherwise, it seems pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Honestly, if you're going to do stuff like this, just give the player a full refresh after every fight. It just saves time, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Super Paper Mario will always hold a special place in my heart for the Nerd level. The rest was pretty good (except for the unforgivably bland sidekicks after TTYD).

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

gourdcaptain posted:

I've also got a weird love for how much Super Paper Mario seems determined to just troll the player. Running on a treadmill to pay back a debt, insanely long passwords for no reason, the entire Kingdom of the Sammer Guys.

Or just the time you can refuse to put on your breathing helmet/fishbowl repeatedly in outer space to increasing disbelief until Mario dies from vaccuum exposure.

To be fair, that one is you trolling the game, if nothing else.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Quackles posted:

Apologies for the delay. There have been some technical difficulties with General Guy's installment.

... this may be a nice way to say he's kicking my rear end.

Dying technically does put an end to a run.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Quackles posted:

You're very welcome. Your comments give me the will to keep going, 'cause this game gets pretty wack sometimes.

I'm thinking I might start taking a look at boss rematches soon, within the next chapter or two.

It's really a fascinating look into the game, and I'm greatly enjoying you breakdown and explanation of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

That's pretty sick. Looking forward to it!