Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Procrastine posted:

I pretty much never use first-strikes after getting Dizzy Attack, did hammer strikes deal full damage in the original game or is that a change the hack made?

They always did half damage afaik, whether or not you had action command unlocked or not

Changing that is a welcome change to accommodate a more difficult hard-hitting hack

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Quackles posted:

That's good to know!

Since I didn't mention it earlier: Jump first attacks still do only 1 damage, though.

Maybe it'll change once you unlock the better boots (and jumps)? I remember landing one of those did 3 (or 5) damage, though you're a long ways away from getting them, or so we assume.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

*points wand at the wizard family* mafia!!
*points wand at koopa koot* mafioso!!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Quackles posted:

Not shown in the LP: I've been using Toad Houses and Heart Blocks a lot, often after every two battles or so. Each battle is individually a challenge now - which is arguably the point of the hack - but you do need to hang around Heart Blocks for it to work.

If you have to go back to the Toad House after every two fights or so (or until you get to a heart block) it sounds like it really interrupts the flow of level progression, or otherwise forces you to grind like hell

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Quackles posted:

Not a bad idea! It'll take me a bit to backport links to past posts, but I'll post a link whenever we encounter a new outdoors theme, or there's a relevant battle theme.

just check out every now and then to see if any music you linked to gets nuked by youtube copyright bullshit

speaking from experience that poo poo is not fun to find and replace when it happens

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

irrespective of the buffs to the enemies and formations, switching up the desert like this is a very well played gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

did the devs massively nerf the amount of star points that dry bones give? like i remember at the time they appear in OG paper mario, they'd give a relative shitload compared to the other enemies