Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Paper Mario is one of my favorite games so I'm very interested in seeing all the changes this romhack has to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Honestly this seems to make the game more tedious than anything else. The first few updates had me intrigued, and I was gonna try it myself, but I think I'll just follow your let's play instead.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

You should include musical links for the different overworld and battle themes. The Paper Mario soundtrack is really good and the Koopa Bros. theme is especially iconic.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

There are other ways of increasing difficulty that isn't just bigger numbers.

I don't know anything about Paper Mario modding so I don't even know if this is possible, but you could change enemy attack timing to make action commands more difficult.

Or you could make it so that poison lowers you defense or makes it harder to do action commands rather than straight up increasing damage.

Just straight up increasing the damage the player takes during battle is annoying.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This has nothing do with Hard Mode, but I have to say that the music in this area kicks rear end.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Echoing everyone else's thoughts on the Bristles. Veing completely unable to avoid damage in a game where every hitpoint matters is really shity.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Does Pro Mode/Master Quest change the billboard and graffiti?

Blaze Dragon posted:

At some point you just accept the princess won't be there when she spends so much of her time kidnapped by Bowser, but taking the whole castle? That does not happen every day.

At this point, "Bowser attacked the castle and kidnapped the princess" wouldn't work as an excuse to get out of work.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

"One of my friends took an entire day to beat one of the bosses."

"Was he bad at the game?"

"No he has the world record."

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Yea I definitely don't have the patience to play through Master Quest. I'll probably just try PMjr.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I think the devs are assuming that people are going to be playing with save states and that's partly why it's so unforgiving.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I would just make Master Quest jr. into the official Master Quest, and turn the current edition into Super Master Quest Pro Mode Exreme Edition.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Wow those are some very significant differences. MQ Jr. actually sounds like it will be enjoyable to play.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

TTYD is my favorite game of all time, but I hated Sticker Star. Probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. I never even tried Color Splash so I don't know if it's any good.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Super Paper Mario is so unique, that despite it not being the true sequel to Thousand Year Door that I wanted, it still hold a special place in my heart.

It also has the best villains in the entire Mario series and anyone who disagrees can fight me. :colbert:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Paper Mario is a very easy game so I never really bothered cooking up recipes with Tayce T. I guess if there's one good thing Master Quest does is it makes that part of the game a hell of a lot more useful.

Also I'm kind of surprised the devs actually kept the Defense Plus badge there.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Robindaybird posted:

Makes me wonder if it was left over placeholder dialogue from when they were testing how to edit text boxes and nobody bothered to clean it up.

That's what I was thinking. Just an inside joke during development that they decided to keep in for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This LP is incredible. I would never have the patience to deal with all this bullshit. Good job op.