Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Never in my life did I expect to see a Paper Mario romhack. God answers the strangest prayers. Looks interesting so far! I'm glad the ruins are so out of the way. Let's you safely ignore them if you're not looking for something too out of the ordinary. Pit of 100 is neat, though I cant say I'm excited to see it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

This is nowhere close to the worst romhack dialogue changes I've ever seen, but it still begs the question of why? We just saw that they didn't, and probably couldn't, change any of the animations. He's still a wizard. They're all still wizards. So what was the point in attempting to make them the mafia, of all things? Maybe this will play in to some added bonus boss later on, but I still can't imagine the mafia angle is 100% needed for that either.

Gameplay stuff looks cool though.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

a false idea that players have to "Earn" their wins, and the more frustrated they feel, the more they're 'earning it'. Or that frustration is always correlates to genuine difficulty, and not artificial hurdles being put up to clotheslines players so they have to take longer to pass.

The other side of this too, is that there are players who also feel this way. I have seen many people complain about a given Dark Souls boss being too easy because they "only" died 8 times. Some people do seem to genuinely feel that a victory isnt earned unless you've smashed your skull against a wall 15 times.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

How was Color Splash? Was it that much of an improvement over Stick Star? I hear everyone talking about how terrible Sticker was, and it absolutely was, but I never hear anyone say anything about Color Splash. I assume that's because Sticker left a bad taste in people's mouths, and because Color Splash was doomed to being a WiiU exclusive but I've always been curious.