Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
This hack looks like it's extremely My poo poo, i'm really surprised it exists. Good luck with the LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Quackles posted:

Next Time On Master Quest: Two words: ‘Spiked Paragoomba’.

That sounds horrific but I can't hold it against the hack when Paper Mario: TTYD had something even worse. Please excuse the terrible old meme.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
100 HP Goomba King!? Bowser's health maxes out at 99 in the original, although he does have multiple phases. I know its supposed to be long time before you try the refights, but that scaling makes me wonder how high the numbers will get by the end of this.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Not really related to the hack but that animation of Dry Dry Ruins still holds up after all these years!

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Super Paper Mario plays so differently from the rest of the series, but maintains so much of the charm and humor from its predecessors that I can't help but love it. I've never played Sticker Star or Color Splash, but having heard that they lost that soul scares me away from them more than any gameplay issues

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
As far as how Bug Fable's normal mode handled its difficulty, it was generally pretty relaxed in my playthrough. Deaths were very rare, no complex strategies needed. By the end of the penultimate chapter, my go-to badge set-up and strategy was starting to feel overpowered, but the final chapter stepped up the challenge and took me off my high horse. I won't elaborate because its probably one of the best finale's i've ever played and is better experienced than heard about. The final boss also kicked my butt a little, and took 3 long attempts at the fight to nail completely. This is all from the perspective from someone who played Paper Mario & TTYD as a kid and doesn't consider themselves an excellent player, so i'm sure an RPG veteran could decimate the normal campaign, but to me hardmode is a looming threat to my skill level. In general I would describe Bug Fable's normal difficulty as directly analogous to Paper Mario's, just a little harder to stop it from being a complete breeze.

Also, for those who want to get a little more out of the game, theres a couple secret codes you can find in the game that when entered as a new save file's name change the game. I'll spoiler tag it because learning it is sort of a reward in-game, but the code RUIGEE alters the game to mimic Luigi's challenge from Master Quest (Or perhaps its predecessor, Pro Mode), which is pretty cool to see.

And while i'm at it, honestly the only reason I could think NOT to recommend Bug Fable to a Paper Mario fan is due to the situation with the dev's publisher, but I couldn't say whether or not letting that stop you helps or hurts the devs more.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
This has quite possibly become the least blind LP I've ever read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

:yeshaha: