Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
We're back: grumpier, rowdier, angrier, older.

Scionix posted:

hey weird thought but maybe (and go with me here) people wouldnt complain if you fixed ur poo poo sooner than 4 hours before the draft

loving dingus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:d: LEAGUE RULES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short primer on our league:

quote:

Duplicate Player Allowance: Not Used
Scoring System: Head to Head (Points-Based)
Maximum # of teams: 20
Scoring Period Interval: Weekly
Scoring Period day to start: Tuesday
Player Pool: Division I - Football Bowl Subdivision: Duke, GATec, MiaFL, BC, UNC, Iowa, Pitt, UVA, VaTec, Clem, MD, Ill, Ind, OHSt, FlaSt, MSU, PSU, Purd, Wisc, IASt, Kans, K St, Bayl, Okla, Lou, Mich, OkSt, Tex, TxTch, WVU, Minn, NCSt, Neb, AF, Syr, NW, ColSt, Fres, Hawaii, Nev, NM, SDSU, TCU, SJSU, UNLV, AzSt, Ariz, UtSt, Wake, Rut, Colo, Wyo, Cal, Oreg, OreSt, USC, Stan, Utah, UCLA, Wash, WaSt, Fla, UGA, KY, Mizzu, SCar, Tenn, Vand, Ala, Ark, Aub, LSU, Miss, MisSt, TexAM, Boise, Army, BYU, Navy, ND
Players transferred to another FBS team not in player pool will continue to get stats: Yes

I'll update this thread once we have a full roster.

:d: HOME OF INFINITE RECORDS

2011 - (1) Taxes (2) Komet (3) bluesquares
2012 - (1) Duraznos (2) Wolfy (3) YoshiFan823
2013 - (1) Taxes (2) The Piper (3) JesusTheDarkLord
2014 - (1) Webbeh (2) Lee Majors (3) Will Styles
2015 - (1) Metapod (2) YoshiFan823 (3) siriuslysomething / Komet
2016 - (1) Taxes (2) NinjaBob (3) kayakyakr
2017 - (1) YoshiFan823 aka DC Murderverse (2) Fork of Unknown Origins (3) Taxes / vyst
2018 - (1) DC Murderverse aka YoshiFan823 (2) kayakyakr (3) Scionix / The Piper

:d: DRAFT ORDER

As usual, we select our draft order by having each player be randomly placed into a NASCAR driver at an upcoming NASCAR race.

We'll discuss this more once we finalize players and league rules.

:d: CURRENT ROSTER

001. Webbeh (2014 winner)
002. kayakyakr (2016, 2018 sloppy seconds)
003. Scionix (holy gently caress you got 3rd in 2018)
004. vyst (3rd 2017)
005. JesusTheDarkLord (3rd 2013)
006. Fork of Unknown Origins (2017 2nd place!)
007. Taxes (2011 , 2013, 2016 winner, 2017 runner up, fuckin' KING)
008. Komet (2011 2nd place, 2015 3rd place)
009. jabro (thank god you're pretty)
010. Mr. World (YAY)
011. HOTLANTA MAN (U[sic]GA fan)
012. Ninja Bob (2016 2nd place!)
013. TheFlyingLlama
014. LeeMajors (2014 2nd place!)
015. The Piper (2013 2nd place!)
016. Dilber (fresh blood)
017. Metapod (2015 champ)
018. Will Styles (2014 3rd place)
019. Spintzel (????)
020. DC Murderverse aka YoshiFan (2 TIME BACK 2 BACK CHAMP)

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Oh poo poo, it really is preseason.

e: I'm in for another round

e2: Also, Taxes had a great suggestion last year of doubling our schedule, so we play 1 in division game and 1 out of division game each week. Love the idea, personally. Might need some interesting setup, but I think fantrax can do it.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 19, 2019

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
*kicks door off hinges, tactical rolls into room, shines flashlight at u*

im gay

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scionix posted:

*kicks door off hinges, tactical rolls into room, shines flashlight at u*

im gay

Same

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm back to draft more Vols and then lose.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I’m back can’t wait to draft Ryan Willis.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Hello

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

In

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm back!

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Hell yeah! I'm back and looking forward to another year of terrible fantasy performance from my team.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
*kicks down door* daddy's full of beans and he's ready to gently caress!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Oh you know I'm back for this poo poo!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'm back and ready to fail again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm in, fuckers.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Look guys, I don't know about you, but I'm really excited for this to be going down again.

Also we're at 14/20, which c'mon now, I clicked this poo poo as soon as I got the email.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'm in for another year of drafting way too many Big Ten players and then wondering why I don't win

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Look guys, I don't know about you, but I'm really excited for this to be going down again.

Also we're at 14/20, which c'mon now, I clicked this poo poo as soon as I got the email.

Y'all on my list today to update the list of confirms and harass the others!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That 3rd in 2013 is aging like my 1998 National Champions shirt

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Y'all on my list today to update the list of confirms and harass the others!

dox the folks that are left and I'll happily do the harassment

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

That 3rd in 2013 is aging like my 1998 National Champions shirt

Finished 2nd in my first year and have been boat-races every year since.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
im gonna win this year, just like the alabama crimson tide are going to win, the national chpionahip,

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

im gonna win this year, just like the alabama crimson tide are going to win, the national chpionahip,

Can you even run your kicker as lead blocker against Christian Wilkins in fantasy football?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
We are down to 4 renewals, I'll ping the stragglers tonight and then send out an invite to new folks in the Football superthread at the end of the week.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Let's start with the real question of pre-season:

Do we want to make any changes for 2019?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Webbeh posted:

13. TheFlyingLlama (

rude, I had a winning record back in...uh, 2014

christ I'm bad at this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hi

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

Can you even run your kicker as lead blocker against Christian Wilkins in fantasy football?

you will regret this u philistine, you unrefined RUBE

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Webbeh posted:

I still dont really understand how waiver wire order works but other than that no complaints

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Webbeh posted:

kayakyakr posted:

e2: Also, Taxes had a great suggestion last year of doubling our schedule, so we play 1 in division game and 1 out of division game each week. Love the idea, personally. Might need some interesting setup, but I think fantrax can do it.

Many are saying it is a good change worth considering.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm cool with whatever. Simpler on my end makes me more likely to get it figured out by the end of the season and more games owns more.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Also everyone should not be allowed to draft alabama players, as they are not fans, and I am, and so should get all of them

thank u

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scionix posted:

I still dont really understand how waiver wire order works but other than that no complaints

It's pretty simple: It resets every week based on standing, and then goes in order around and around. So if you're the worst team in the league, you're getting the first pick, then everyone else gets to pick and then finally you get to pick again.

Taxes posted:

Many are saying it is a good change worth considering.

Yeah, I'm really intrigued by it, and it would solve the issue that we've had the past few years where our division winners have played either 1 of 4 or 2 of 4 of the opponents in their own division.

There are 14 weeks this season so we'll have 11 regular season games.

Doing 2 games/week lets us play division opponents twice (8 games over 10 weeks) and almost every other team once (14 remaining games out of 15 remaining opponents) for 22 total games.

Or we can set it up to play the 8 divisional games with 3 bye weeks and play 11 out of division opponents with the rest of the schedule for 19 total games.

Standings are based on overall record with the first tie breaker division record and the second points.

I do really like it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The guys are my team and the medicine ball is webbeh's team

https://twitter.com/edthompson_jr/status/1153995891629596672?s=19

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The guys are my team and the medicine ball is webbeh's team

https://twitter.com/edthompson_jr/status/1153995891629596672?s=19

joke's on you - im now full chub

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, I'm really intrigued by it, and it would solve the issue that we've had the past few years where our division winners have played either 1 of 4 or 2 of 4 of the opponents in their own division.

There are 14 weeks this season so we'll have 11 regular season games.

Doing 2 games/week lets us play division opponents twice (8 games over 10 weeks) and almost every other team once (14 remaining games out of 15 remaining opponents) for 22 total games.

Or we can set it up to play the 8 divisional games with 3 bye weeks and play 11 out of division opponents with the rest of the schedule for 19 total games.

Standings are based on overall record with the first tie breaker division record and the second points.

I do really like it.

If Fantrax allows this configuration or manual setup, I'm in for it. My bet would be the automated matchups are garbage trash, so any fancy-feet work we'd have to do we would need to do manually.

However, this might allow for a good opportunity to have our league have two commissioners, as my Ph.D. work has been keeping me sadly absent from y'all more than I would like.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

TheFlyingLlama posted:

rude, I had a winning record back in...uh, 2014

christ I'm bad at this

BITCH READ THE HALL OF INFINITE RECORDS

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Webbeh posted:

If Fantrax allows this configuration or manual setup, I'm in for it. My bet would be the automated matchups are garbage trash, so any fancy-feet work we'd have to do we would need to do manually.

However, this might allow for a good opportunity to have our league have two commissioners, as my Ph.D. work has been keeping me sadly absent from y'all more than I would like.

I could randomly generate the schedule and set it up through Fantrax if you want to lighten your workload.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Deputize whoever you would need my overworked friend.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
not scionix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah def not me or scionix