Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mad props to myself for taking down two 11-7 teams today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This week went well for me. Think I'm gonna be Tied for 1st with scionix and need to win one next week or have volsdeep to lose 1 to clinch a playoff spot.

These divisions are so insanely close. I'm sure we'll have another clinched this week, but there's gonna be lots to play for next week for sure.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scratch that I lost by 1 point in one of them because why the gently caress not

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yes, had a dismal start and now I'm back to .500 baby. HOTLANTA lives!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

These divisions are so insanely close. I'm sure we'll have another clinched this week, but there's gonna be lots to play for next week for sure.

The schedule change made this league so much better. Love it.

Also holy gently caress it's almost playoffs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Looking back at the standings.

XFL All-Stars: No one here is wholly out of it. No one here has clinched a spot, though Playing to Win the Game has effectively done so. Brutal division is brutal. This is real ACC circle of suck levels of close.

In the other Horns Down division, The Glory, Glory Hole, I <3 Two-Tight End Sets, and Steak Sandwich Supreme are fighting it out for the 2 playoff spots. Steak Sandwich Supreme has tiebreaker over I <3 two-tight end sets, so that'll be intriguing.

We All Hate Bama is also a 3 team race with me an Scionix tied for 1st and VolsDeep 2 games behind. If VolsDeep wins both his games and either Scionix or I lose both of ours, he'll have tiebreaker.

Obscene Horns Down Gesture is the home of our only clinched team, Fat Shirtless State Guys. Rich Rod's Rage Face can tie for 2nd with 2 wins and would hold tiebreaker of University of Phoenix. Taxes was knocked out of the playoffs by that tie.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
RIP me

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Same, but beginning in week 1.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

oh man, last week, i need at least one win, probably 2 in order to stay alive and they're both against good solid teams, i sure hope i don't have 4 people on bye including my QB and that two of my best running backs aren't injured

*looks at roster*

well gently caress. oh well, guess I'll pick up Wyoming's QB and hope for the best

*Wyoming's QB is announced as out for the year 24 hours later*

gently caress

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
>_<. Glad I checked... NM and AF moved their game to a different weekend.

These teams don't have full rosters:

Beamers Steamers - Fork
#VolsDeep - JtDL
Rich Rod's Rage Face - NinjaBob
Fat Shirtless State Guys - Llama
Legalize Dog Marriage - Hotlanta
Steak Sandwich Supreme - Metapod
Mike Sherman's Allouettes - MrWorld
Union Bustin with Dabo - LeeMajors
The Paterno People - Komet

Jesus loving Christ guys, almost half the god drat league. Get your asses in gear. Please PM/email/whatever these guys and shame them for me.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I logged on earlier this week and the server was doing maintenance and didnt accept my changes. I actually put a reminder on my phone to check it tomorrow morning

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah I was lazy this week and put off finalizing the roster until today

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

>_<. Glad I checked... NM and AF moved their game to a different weekend.

These teams don't have full rosters:

Beamers Steamers - Fork
#VolsDeep - JtDL
Rich Rod's Rage Face - NinjaBob
Fat Shirtless State Guys - Llama
Legalize Dog Marriage - Hotlanta
Steak Sandwich Supreme - Metapod
Mike Sherman's Allouettes - MrWorld
Union Bustin with Dabo - LeeMajors
The Paterno People - Komet

Jesus loving Christ guys, almost half the god drat league. Get your asses in gear. Please PM/email/whatever these guys and shame them for me.

It's Thursday. :psyduck:

Outside of my travel week snafu, I do roster review on Friday unless I had to make some waiver moves.

Also I was mathematically eliminated in like week 3 lol.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

LeeMajors posted:

Outside of my travel week snafu, I do roster review on Friday unless I had to make some waiver moves.

This is when you were mathematically eliminated.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

Temple and South Florida play tonight. Both teams generally have a few players worth starting. While there aren't as many P5 games on Thursdays, we have AAC and MWC players on our rosters, so Friday is a bad day to set your roster week-to-week.

e: Also, I know you were mathematically eliminated from the championship playoffs, but I am going to do the work this year to set up a full playoff schedule (for a full 1-20) and it really sucks for those of us in a tight playoff race to have opponents getting wins vs teams that have given up entirely.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 7, 2019

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean i set my lineup every week and I'm 6-14 so i'd argue it doesn't matter if you set it or not. :shrug:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:eng99:

kayakyakr posted:

Temple and South Florida play tonight. Both teams generally have a few players worth starting. While there aren't as many P5 games on Thursdays, we have AAC and MWC players on our rosters, so Friday is a bad day to set your roster week-to-week.

e: Also, I know you were mathematically eliminated from the championship playoffs, but I am going to do the work this year to set up a full playoff schedule (for a full 1-20) and it really sucks for those of us in a tight playoff race to have opponents getting wins vs teams that have given up entirely.

Understood and agreed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's Thursday calm down

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Metapod posted:

It's Thursday calm down

Thursday is when you should set your rosters, dammit.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

THIS.

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ELIMINATED DOES NOT MEAN YOU STOP SETTING LINEUPS :argh:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I was waiting on waivers chill out man lmao

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Yall sure this isnt my fault somehow

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I was waiting on waivers chill out man lmao

Waiver wire is on Tuesday my dude

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The ones who should be shamed are the teams who started players of a Thursday game. 15 total points scored between all players started.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Spintzel posted:

Waiver wire is on Tuesday my dude

Ok then ill check it friday sorry i dont plan ahead for maction or whatever

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
you mean you don't plan for ACCtion?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress that - unless these motherfuckers don't have a full team played on Sunday or played a bunch of bye idiots let them have their process

drat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like I got busy last week and forgot so it is what it is but lol at calling out a team that just needed to flip defenses

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Chill my dudes. Last week we had a player start 4 and another 6. I got on it early this week. Sorry y'all for pushin.

Also, oof, one receiver goes down with an injury, another is on bye and suddenly I'm in a mighty struggle to score any points at the receiver position. Wright putting up a 0 spot doesn't help matters. His only stats were 1 return yard from a muffed punt.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Maybe if y’all had a top three scoring QB you wouldn’t be so mad :smug:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Metapod posted:

Like I got busy last week and forgot so it is what it is but lol at calling out a team that just needed to flip defenses

vyst posted:

gently caress that - unless these motherfuckers don't have a full team played on Sunday or played a bunch of bye idiots let them have their process

drat.

Y'all sensitive about reminders to set your lineups - drat.

DONT LET SCIONIX WIN

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Webbeh posted:

DONT LET SCIONIX WIN

IM 6 AND loving 14 DO YOU THINK IM SALTY BECAUSE, YES I AM.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Webbeh posted:

DONT LET SCIONIX WIN

collusion COLLUSION COLLUSION

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: I HAVE SET MY LINEUP :siren:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao at Scionix getting probed for calling himself retarded

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Webbeh posted:

DONT LET SCIONIX WIN

I'm like ten seconds away from trading Tua to Scionix to spite y'all.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Scionix posted:

collusion COLLUSION COLLUSION

Hell I'll answer your question that got you probated. Google is going to ask some stupid rear end poo poo so yeah there are a lot of practice questions on the Internet you should try, make sure your fundamentals are on point, and if I remember correctly trees are popular right now in interviews. Most importantly companies like Google aren't looking for you to be able to answer all by yourself they want you to ask questions to show you can work with a team, so be sure to think out loud so the questioner can guide you if they see you are going off tract.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

LeeMajors posted:

I'm like ten seconds away from trading Tua to Scionix to spite y'all.

HERESY

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

my flex WR was a last minute scratch but even if i knew ahead of time i wouldn't have been able to replace him with anyone because all my guys are on bye or injured

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

my flex WR was a last minute scratch but even if i knew ahead of time i wouldn't have been able to replace him with anyone because all my guys are on bye or injured

awesome

Same. And the funniest thing is that no one knows why. He was just on the sideline with a towel on his head.

I have 90 points. With the RW, K, and one RB still playing. 90 points! 2 WR that gave me 0 points.

I think #VolsDeep is going to win 2. I'm not sure how the tiebreakers are going to work, but if I don't score more than 90, it'll certainly be interesting.