Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My QB was moved to inactive late last night. He was playing USC today so wouldn’t normally be a problem but now that SC sucks they don’t get prime time TV slots anymore. They are stuck playing early games. You suck USC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

My RB was supposed to be back this week after an unannounced scratch and then he just wasn't.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
In short, football sucks butt

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

As i sit mere hours away from being eliminated from playoff contention for the first time in years, lets review my draft to see where I went wrong. (Note: I slept through our draft like a big dumbo so this is allllllllllll karma)

1: D'Eriq King gave up halfway through the season to try again next year
2: Ironically, Marquez Stevenson only started putting up 2nd round draft pick numbers after D'Eriq, his QB, left. He was good after that.
3: Tyler Johnson wasn't the MVP he was last year because somehow the Minnesota loving Golden Gophers lucked into two of the best WRs in the nation, and TJ was their #2. Still good, not what I expected.
4: Albert O was a consistent 10-15 points until he got injured and then basically disappeared because Missouri started playing SEC opponents and couldn't get a touchdown to save their loving lives.
5: Greg McCrae was great until he died, he's been injured for weeks.
6: I dropped Anthony Schwartz because he was injured to begin the season, i picked him back up when he came back and then dropped him again when he didn't immediately start kicking rear end. He's been pretty decent on someone else's bench since.
7: Ohio State DST. Good as hell, would draft again.
8: Zach Charbonnet was mostly good when he wasn't injured, but only because he was a TD vulture. Michigan wasn't very good this year also.
9: Gabe Brkic was not Oklahoma's starting kicker, which I didn't learn until after Week 1, which infuriated me. Ironically, their actual starting kicker got busted for underage drinking and Brkic actually started kicking, but I didn't pick him up because someone beat me to it.
11-15: Sucked, dropped.

In short, god bless the OSU Defense, Juwan Jennings and Malcolm Perry, gently caress pretty much everyone else. I couldn't get a consistent team to save my life this year and I still managed to be in contention until the very last minute, mostly because of that D and my relative luck with streaming QBs (shouts to Malcolm, Nate and Kyle)

edit: Scotty Washington is also cool.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 10, 2019

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Metapod posted:

Hell I'll answer your question that got you probated. Google is going to ask some stupid rear end poo poo so yeah there are a lot of practice questions on the Internet you should try, make sure your fundamentals are on point, and if I remember correctly trees are popular right now in interviews. Most importantly companies like Google aren't looking for you to be able to answer all by yourself they want you to ask questions to show you can work with a team, so be sure to think out loud so the questioner can guide you if they see you are going off tract.

I love how they probated me for calling myself a retard. lol

the talking out loud stuff I have no problem with, I'll just spam algo questions I guess. Not enthused that you said tree questions are popular, that's probably my least-studied algo area. I think I'll just hammer out 3 weeks of hackerrank and leetcode and hope for the best.

Thanks for helping. Have you interviewed with them? I'm honestly getting pretty loving tired of not having a job, I've gotten numerous offers but they're all loving low-balls and I'm getting irritated.

also I lost both my matchups so I think I'm out of the playoffs. JUST LIKE ALABAMA LOL :suicide:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Can i have jauan since you cant spell it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Can i have jauan since you cant spell it

no he is going down with the ship like a good loyal mate

(fuckin autocorrect got me)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm extremely powerful for the final week

Scionix posted:

I love how they probated me for calling myself a retard. lol

the talking out loud stuff I have no problem with, I'll just spam algo questions I guess. Not enthused that you said tree questions are popular, that's probably my least-studied algo area. I think I'll just hammer out 3 weeks of hackerrank and leetcode and hope for the best.

Thanks for helping. Have you interviewed with them? I'm honestly getting pretty loving tired of not having a job, I've gotten numerous offers but they're all loving low-balls and I'm getting irritated.

also I lost both my matchups so I think I'm out of the playoffs. JUST LIKE ALABAMA LOL :suicide:

Trees are simple you'll be fine

No I've never interviewed with Google but that advice holds true with all the big companies. The wanting to see you ask questions while working out a problem was told to me by the head programmer of LinkedIn.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scionix posted:

We're on our way to a god drat 3 way tie for the 2 playoff spots and I have no idea how the tiebreakers are going to work out. Dudes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

alright so hypothetically i could still make the playoffs if Hawaii's kicker scores 18 or more points

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
If I can’t make the playoffs I’m taking everyone down with me

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm pretty sure that scionix and volsdeep will be in the playoffs in account of their better division record.

Mike Sherman's allouettes started only 7 players.

My only hope was that Cole McDonald scored better than 60... He was benched instead. So 6 players.

So that's one person not returning to the league... Thanks friend for not helping me back my way in....

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

man there's a huge difference between high scores and playoff bids. 8 teams scored over 5k for the season, and 5 of those teams are out of the playoffs. granted 4 of those 8 are in the same division, which means that two were going to be out regardless, but one division has two teams with less than 4900 going and two with more than 5100 staying home.

edit: the team with the best record is sitting right in the middle, score-wise, and there's a team that won their division with the second lowest overall points scored.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It just drives me nuts because every week I put a good team on the table but goddamn all of you have season high point totals against me

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
hell yeah i'm going to the playoffs.

kayakyakr - are we adjusting the playoffs any with the new scheduling setup?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't remember how many teams make the playoffs. I hope it's at least 6

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

hell yeah i'm going to the playoffs.

kayakyakr - are we adjusting the playoffs any with the new scheduling setup?

Don't think so

Metapod posted:

I don't remember how many teams make the playoffs. I hope it's at least 6

Top 2 from each division make the top playoffs.

I'm going to run it 1-20, so top 2, next 2, then bottom in a 4 team race to the bottom.

DC Murderverse posted:

man there's a huge difference between high scores and playoff bids. 8 teams scored over 5k for the season, and 5 of those teams are out of the playoffs. granted 4 of those 8 are in the same division, which means that two were going to be out regardless, but one division has two teams with less than 4900 going and two with more than 5100 staying home.

edit: the team with the best record is sitting right in the middle, score-wise, and there's a team that won their division with the second lowest overall points scored.

This year was weird as gently caress. I got to 5k points with incredibly average scores (75% in the 200-250 range), and then when I really needed a win, my team failed to even play (thanks WR group).

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

My team just completely collapsed at the end. A bunch of games where just no one showed up or I had healthy scratches. I also really learned more about how CFB fantasy works, which will change how I draft next year.

I really enjoyed this season and it added a whole new level to how I picked which games to watch.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Dilber posted:

My team just completely collapsed at the end. A bunch of games where just no one showed up or I had healthy scratches. I also really learned more about how CFB fantasy works, which will change how I draft next year.

I really enjoyed this season and it added a whole new level to how I picked which games to watch.

<3

kayakyakr posted:

Top 2 from each division make the top playoffs.

I'm going to run it 1-20, so top 2, next 2, then bottom in a 4 team race to the bottom.

hell yeah

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Most points in my division, 4th place in my division. Am I bitter? Yeah.

:shrug:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Dilber posted:

I also really learned more about how CFB fantasy works, which will change how I draft next year.

I always say that and then autodraft anyway

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I am fraudulent and am going to get smashed

lol at kayakr with the same record and 300 more points being behind me.

also IDK if it's possible to do, but maybe do like 1 or 2 at large playoff spots for the highest point totals that didn't make it?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Really didn’t think I would be making the playoffs and yet here I am

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scionix posted:

I am fraudulent and am going to get smashed

lol at kayakr with the same record and 300 more points being behind me.

also IDK if it's possible to do, but maybe do like 1 or 2 at large playoff spots for the highest point totals that didn't make it?

I think I'm going to open seed the rest of the playoffs. So we'll have a best of the rest.

I mean, if I wanted to get crazy, I could run 2 top, independent playoffs, one seeded by our traditional setup and one seeded by top scores.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Here are our final standings:

code:
1	Playing to win the game	5563
2	Kansas is Back	5263
3	The Paterno People	4991.5
4	Eno and J.K.	5033.5
5	Legalize Dog Marriage	5388

1	The Glory, Glory Hole	5127
2	Steak Sandwich Supreme	4631
3	I <3 Two-Tight End Sets	4675.5
4	Mullen Over The W's	4545.5
5	Union Bustin' with Dabo	3464

1	#VolsDeep	4378.5
2	Phyllis From Mulga	4869
3	A Spring sports school	5121
4	Beamer's Steamers	4493
5	Mike Sherman's Alouettes	4478

1	Fat Shirtless State Guys	4886.5
2	University of Phoenix	4632
3	yung osterine	5101.5
4	Rich Rod's Rage Face	5122.5
5	Nevin's Boat and Hooker Extravaganza	4701
So the brackets look like:
code:
1	Playing to win the game
8	Steak Sandwich Supreme
4	#VolsDeep
5	Kansas is Back
3	Fat Shirtless State Guys
6	Phyllis From Mulga
2	The Glory, Glory Hole
7	University of Phoenix

9	A Spring sports school
16	Beamer's Steamers
12	I <3 Two-Tight End Sets
13	Rich Rod's Rage Face
11	The Paterno People
14	Eno and J.K.
10	yung osterine
15	Mullen Over The W's

17	Legalize Dog Marriage
20	Union Bustin' with Dabo
18	Nevin's Boat and Hooker Extravaganza
19	Mike Sherman's Alouettes
Plus, by popular demand, a 5000 club bracket for the 8 teams that broke 5k:
code:
8	yung osterine
4	The Glory, Glory Hole
5	Rich Rod's Rage Face
3	Kansas is Back
6	A Spring sports school
2	Legalize Dog Marriage
7	Eno and J.K.
Schedule has been built. 8 teams will have 2 games, the other 12 will have only one. Check the schedules and the brackets and let me know if I screwed anything up.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Second most points in the league....finished last in my division. Incredible.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
You gotta know when to score points and when to save your energy

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Here are our final standings:

code:
1	Playing to win the game	5563
2	Kansas is Back	5263
3	The Paterno People	4991.5
4	Eno and J.K.	5033.5
5	Legalize Dog Marriage	5388

1	The Glory, Glory Hole	5127
2	Steak Sandwich Supreme	4631
3	I <3 Two-Tight End Sets	4675.5
4	Mullen Over The W's	4545.5
5	Union Bustin' with Dabo	3464

1	#VolsDeep	4378.5
2	Phyllis From Mulga	4869
3	A Spring sports school	5121
4	Beamer's Steamers	4493
5	Mike Sherman's Alouettes	4478

1	Fat Shirtless State Guys	4886.5
2	University of Phoenix	4632
3	yung osterine	5101.5
4	Rich Rod's Rage Face	5122.5
5	Nevin's Boat and Hooker Extravaganza	4701
So the brackets look like:
code:
8	Steak Sandwich Supreme
4	#VolsDeep
5	Kansas is Back
3	Fat Shirtless State Guys
6	Phyllis From Mulga
2	The Glory, Glory Hole
7	University of Phoenix

9	A Spring sports school
16	Beamer's Steamers
12	I <3 Two-Tight End Sets
13	Rich Rod's Rage Face
11	The Paterno People
14	Eno and J.K.
10	yung osterine
15	Mullen Over The W's

17	Legalize Dog Marriage
20	Union Bustin' with Dabo
18	Nevin's Boat and Hooker Extravaganza
19	Mike Sherman's Alouettes
Plus, by popular demand, a 5000 club bracket for the 8 teams that broke 5k:
code:
8	yung osterine
4	The Glory, Glory Hole
5	Rich Rod's Rage Face
3	Kansas is Back
6	A Spring sports school
2	Legalize Dog Marriage
7	Eno and J.K.
Schedule has been built. 8 teams will have 2 games, the other 12 will have only one. Check the schedules and the brackets and let me know if I screwed anything up.

LET'S DO IT

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The 8 seed just like I wanted

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Kayak are you gonna do a recap of where everyone ended up compared to their draft picks like you did last year (or maybe the year before)? I thought it was really cool to see how many people (including myself) ended up just ditching 2/3 of their draft picks :)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Metapod posted:

The 8 seed just like I wanted

The best playoff system imo

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

Kayak are you gonna do a recap of where everyone ended up compared to their draft picks like you did last year (or maybe the year before)? I thought it was really cool to see how many people (including myself) ended up just ditching 2/3 of their draft picks :)

Quite busy this week, buuuut we could make it a group project, huh?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Quite busy this week, buuuut we could make it a group project, huh?

Would be interesting to see who everyone thinks their draft’s MVP on their roster is.

I missed the first two rounds, but got 1) Jerry Jeudy (kept all year) and then 2) Patrick Taylor RB Mem (kept until he got hurt and eventually dropped to make room on injured reserve). I also eventually dropped my 3rd and 4th round picks.

My best draft player ended up being the QB I got at the end of the 9th round (Joe Burrow) who pretty much carried me through most of my wins.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Historically speaking, how does the number 1 seed usually do? Am I doomed to a first round loss?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Will Styles posted:

Historically speaking, how does the number 1 seed usually do? Am I doomed to a first round loss?

Last year was #1 vs #2 in the championship game, won by the #1 seed, so historically, it's pretty good.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Playoffs on!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Playoffs on!

SET YOUR LINEUPS

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

SET YOUR LINEUPS

At this point, I don't give a poo poo if people tank their playoff by not setting a lineup. What you do no longer affects me

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

At this point, I don't give a poo poo if people tank their playoff by not setting a lineup. What you do no longer affects me

Let it be known I set my lineup and it ruined me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

These last minute scratches without notice are dumb as hell. I caught two today but missed a big one. You literally have to check every game five minutes before kickoff to make sure someone didn’t sit for a hangnail.