Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

heres a low effort thread

theres almost 0 promo material for this so this is what you get, its funny. comedy in the style of daily lives of high school boys, asobi asobase etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I can't believe Baka can be so dumb.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The toilet humor at the end of 3 was both the high and low point of the series so far

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I enjoyed the unnecessarily complex camera work in the opening scene of episode 3.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought it was headache inducing

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
You've set an incredibly high bar calling out both Nichibros and Asobi Asobase. I'm holding you to that Davincie.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm sorry it's actually really good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wait a sec.

Aren't the three main girls just the three main girls of Nichijou?

One's a straight man manga artist, the other a muscle-headed idiot, and the third a quiet wierdo.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:tipshat:

its a fairly standard character setup, but yeah its not the most original series. thats part of the joke after all

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This is a funny show

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

:tipshat:

its a fairly standard character setup, but yeah its not the most original series. thats part of the joke after all

I realized later that it's the same grouping as Mitsuboshi Colors too so yeah I guess it is a pretty typical archetype.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

baka is face

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Lily is good

But chuuni girl and the teacher are fantastic

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to the last cast member for showing up

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This week's started off pretty slow but might've been the best episode yet.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Teacher had a rough intro but when he's playing the straight man to Baka or Chuuni he's great.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Sensei admonishing dumb students while taking selfies of their predicament was v. good.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that school anthem though

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i learned about this show this morning after i got off work and now i'm caught up and i loving love it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:cheers:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
When you just put your OVA as episode 8

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
when baka showed up stacked i was like "no loving way" and then the end of the ep's punchline.... lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats why they put in the foreshadowing chart

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Ah, the ol' "tell 'em I'm dead" ploy. I've used that one myself.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Mamoi trying out the old Mugi brows huh.

Lily was pretty shameless here. Majime is the Mikuru to her Haruhi.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I can't get enough of Momoi and grandma.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Lily is the best honestly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Lily is my spirit animal

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Wota getting angry at delicious food was good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kind of a shame, by rushing through some of the better chapters of the manga they absolutely robbed them of their timing in this most recent episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Well that got unexpectedly real but still had plenty of amusing nonsense.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
This episode was genuinely pretty touching, i thought that would have made a great series finale but im guessing they'll go out with a baka episode

The fat guy was hilarious with his omnipresent gross heavy breathing and terrible metaphors and instantly getting muted by waseda

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I usually watch this after O Maidens to get some levity after whatever goes down in that show, and this week was a nice, unexpected surprise. Apparently TeishotokuP has a channel that's been uploading stuff for years, but I'm guessing the manga's been going on for a while too and it's related to that.

Wota's video :3
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30064212

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

This episode was genuinely pretty touching, i thought that would have made a great series finale but im guessing they'll go out with a baka episode

The fat guy was hilarious with his omnipresent gross heavy breathing and terrible metaphors and instantly getting muted by waseda

"Heh." mutes conversation

The thing I'm impressed about is how astounding it is they managed to shoehorn such good comedy in between some pretty heavy drama. I get turned off of so many shows because of comedy whiplash because it annoys me to no end, but here a bunch of comedy happens literally at the same time as a bunch of heavy drama and there's not even a little whiplash.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
popularity poll results

https://twitter.com/jyoshimuda/status/1172344146721263617?s=20

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Coxswain Balls posted:

I usually watch this after O Maidens to get some levity after whatever goes down in that show, and this week was a nice, unexpected surprise. Apparently TeishotokuP has a channel that's been uploading stuff for years, but I'm guessing the manga's been going on for a while too and it's related to that.

Wota's video :3
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30064212

As I understand it, that's sung by the author of the manga who's also called Akane.

Waseda is apparently based on her husband.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Viridiant posted:

As I understand it, that's sung by the author of the manga who's also called Akane.

Awwwww, that's so sweet and makes me appreciate this episode even more.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Baka being way down at 7 is a grave injustice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Viridiant posted:

And apparently Wota is based on the author herself. I, uh, can't actually guarantee that's true since I don't read Japanese, but that seems to be the impression I got from a couple of Japanese-speaking people in the twitter-verse. Honestly, I don't even care if it's not true. It's too cute so I'm just going to run with it. For further reading, here's the author's twitter (with a relevant tweet): https://twitter.com/bambi_no_3/status/1171710918075437056

Also, I really like it when media listed in-show is actually uploaded on the real internet. It really makes the show feel more alive. Gosh, all these factors combined might make this one of my favorite episodes this year. Here's a youtube video from the actual Teishotoku P:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsjw2sMESHU