Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I’m probably planning dark blue with a grey interior; sucks that a fair amount of color options are stuck behind the LT3 trim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124170_corvette-chief-engineer-no-manual-for-c8-its-a-dying-business

No stick ever.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

From article

quote:

Apparently, the take-rate for manuals in the Corvette has plummeted to about 15 percent now, according to Juechter.

“Every year it goes down, down, down, down,” he said.

Didn't I read somewhere the median age of a Corvette buyer is something like 70?

Appeal to a younger demographic, you'll probably get more buy in... although to be fair, as someone who is a die hard MT guy, I wouldn't be against trying the dual clutch auto.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

bird cooch posted:

I told myself the same thing for C6 prices when the c7 came out and it just never really happened. Prices just continue to depreciate with time and miles.

I just need it to go down like 10.5-20K. :pray:

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
I like this little guy from that linked vette forum thread.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

slidebite posted:

From article

Didn't I read somewhere the median age of a Corvette buyer is something like 70?

Appeal to a younger demographic, you'll probably get more buy in... although to be fair, as someone who is a die hard MT guy, I wouldn't be against trying the dual clutch auto.

From the same article:

quote:

Porsche experimented with dropping the manual from its track-focused 911 GT3 and found it had upset buyers, who have since bought the manual in that car in large volumes. In fact, according to Porsche North America CEO Klaus Zellmer, two out of three buyers opt for the manual.
I.e. GT3a aren't bought by old farts with broken knees so manuals sell well. Chevy knows their audience though, can't blame them.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Gt3s are by design a very raw car. That's the whole point.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Like it. Styling for each generation corvette always grown on me, this probably will too. Would prefer a real manual but doesn't matter because I'm never going to spend money for one; 60k is the build cost of a pretty decent race car and I know which I'd rather have.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Sten Freak posted:

I like this little guy from that linked vette forum thread.

Is the lighting weird in this photo or is there a gold trim option like some tacky 90's near luxury car?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
EE gives info on how 0-60 gets so much better by moving the engine back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SH4c-oLUQ

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Mental Hospitality posted:

Is the lighting weird in this photo or is there a gold trim option like some tacky 90's near luxury car?
Lighting in that shot for sure.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
And to think they laughed at me when I told them I was buying all these Fiero panels to bolt onto a Vette.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Dealer dates are starting to trickle out

List of dealership tour dates
News
Forums
Gallery
How-Tos
Login
Register
View Full Site
About Us
Advertising
Cookie Policy
Privacy Statement
Terms of Service

Home / C8 General Discussion
List of dealership tour dates

DRM87's Avatar DRM87 , 07-10-2019 09:28 AM
It's very nice all the dealerships are posting when they are receiving the C8 for the general public, but maybe we can compile them into one thread. Here is what I found so far. If you know of any others, post them below.

Dealer Dates

July 22-23, 2019
Bob Stall Chevrolet
7601 Alvarado Rd.
La Mesa, CA 91942

July 26-27, 2019
Kerbeck Chevrolet
430 N Albany Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
10:00am - 5:00pm
RSVP Link

July 29, 2019
Fairway Chevrolet
1101 N Church St.
Hazle Township, PA 18202

Aug 1-2, 2019
Connell Chevrolet
2828 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Aug 7, 2019
Macmulkin Chevrolet Nashua
3 Marmon Dr,
Nashua, NH 03060

October 26, 2019
Classic Chevrolet - Grapevine
1101 W State Highway 114
Grapevine, Tx

Nov 4-5, 2019
Classic Chevrolet Sugarland
13115 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX 77478

Nov 21, 2019
Matt Saxe Chevrolet Buick Inc
909 E Enterprise Dr.
Belle Plaine, MN 56011

Museum and Corvette Show Events

Aug 22-25, 2019
Corvettes at Carlisle
1000 Bryn Mawr Rd
Carlisle, PA

Aug 29-30, 2019
National Corvette Museum
350 Corvette Dr.
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Registration closes Thurs. July 11, 5PM CT

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I just want the the olds to start wrapping them around trees so I can see cool builds using the drivetrain.

Also, yeah, disappointed in the "no manual" thing, but I'm not the target market so.

Edit: Also, yeah, we need to see a) Roadkill C8 vette cart, and b) some huge fuckoff blower sticking above the roofline. I'd say odds are good to see both at once.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

boxen posted:

I just want the the olds to start wrapping them around trees so I can see cool builds using the drivetrain.

Also, yeah, disappointed in the "no manual" thing, but I'm not the target market so.

Edit: Also, yeah, we need to see a) Roadkill C8 vette cart, and b) some huge fuckoff blower sticking above the roofline. I'd say odds are good to see both at once.

I've spent a pretty solid amount of time trying to figure out what car would be cab forward enough for a swap, but the kit car market is probably going to explode in 5 to 10 years.

I hope that there's some sort of access point for doing belts and cams, or the whole drivelines just going to have to drop out the bottom. Which might be exciting on a lift.

I bet you that every intake and supercharger manufacture just tossed one of their parts onto an LT1 backwards and said hmmmmmm.

Looking at my LS3 supercharger it would definitely make intake routing a whole lot easier without having to go around the jack shaft and keep the temperatures down by moving the supercharger gear box to the back instead of the front. It looks like turbo is going to be the winner here. Bumpers off for the haters Lamborghini style.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 24, 2019

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

bird cooch posted:

I've spent a pretty solid amount of time trying to figure out what car would be cab forward enough for a swap, but the kit car market is probably going to explode in 5 to 10 years.

Chevy LUV, engine in the bed. I guarantee something like that's going to happen (maybe with a Blazer or something with a unibody, IDK) in the next couple of years.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

When was the last mid engine sports car with pushrods? The Pantera? no, the iron duke doesn't count. Either does the v6. I know it'll never happen, but it's fun to think about the rest of the world scrambling to build a pushrod motor to package their cars as tightly as the engineers have managed to get the corvette.

Obligatory:
Coyote on the left.

glyph fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 24, 2019

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

boxen posted:

Chevy LUV, engine in the bed. I guarantee something like that's going to happen (maybe with a Blazer or something with a unibody, IDK) in the next couple of years.

Isuzu NPR flat-bed: yank the duals and run super singles in back, weld the 'Vette's remains to the bed for ballast.

e: leave the Corvette in one piece and run chain- drives to the truck's rear wheels.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Ugh Atlantic City is kind of close but I don't want to get hepatitis or herpes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

glyph posted:

When was the last mid engine sports car with pushrods? The Pantera? no, the iron duke doesn't count. Either does the v6. I know it'll never happen, but it's fun to think about the rest of the world scrambling to build a pushrod motor to package their cars as tightly as the engineers have managed to get the corvette.

Obligatory:
Coyote on the left.

I like big heads and I cannot lie,

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Just drove by one on M-59 that was black with blue interior and it looked sexy as hell. Could have told me it was some exotic, much more expensive car and I wouldn’t have questioned it. It is extremely low and wide on the street.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

bird cooch posted:

Buy my shitheap integra and rip out the back seat.

Pros:
Cheap rolling shell
Like 2500lbs
Decent and cheap aftermarket for non engine poo poo
Comes with removable 300lb Ballast up front
Enough room for a twin turbo setup if you don't mind a turbo next to your ear

Cons:
Lots of mildew
Possibly a mouse commune
A turbo is gonna be next to your ear

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I've got an FD just like that. But thanks.

And turbo next to your ear is a pro.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
2020 c8 dealer sales brochure has leaked.

PDF warning

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/docs/2020corvettestingrayplaybook.pdf

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This part is pretty cool, especially the GPS memory

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MomJeans420 posted:

This part is pretty cool, especially the GPS memory

lowrider, ride a little lower now. This is bad for gm because 5000% of their profits are from replacing the cardboard air dams at $300 a pop.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

mobby_6kl posted:

Has there been a mid-engine car with a supercharger scoop sticking out above the roof line? I want them to do that.

Sort of

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
There's a half-dozen or so variants for the NSX.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Been playing with the configurator, I think it looks pretty good in yellow with grey stripes. Not a big fan of the interior options, but black and grey is decent.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So a Toyota Supra is 57k according to the one I was next to today at the minivan dealer. Yikes. Any one do a comparison with the C8 yet?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
The C8 will be the better car, but much higher volume so less impact on the road?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Supra has that ??? Factor.
My moneys on the C8. But if the supra came in 450hp with a manual that would make it a very hard choice. (Then again thatd probably make it a 100k car compared to the vettes 60-70k.)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Supra has that ??? Factor.
My moneys on the C8. But if the supra came in 450hp with a manual that would make it a very hard choice. (Then again thatd probably make it a 100k car compared to the vettes 60-70k.)

Litchfield motors dynoed their stock supra at 376hp/390ft-lbs, so those numbers probably aren't that far off.
https://www.facebook.com/Litchfield...29762450387035/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah a lot more horse is a little tune away (and has been for BMW turbo engines since 2008) but a healthy tune-up means poo poo for emissions and backlash from corporate because thats now pushing into M car territory.

But im talking a supra special with an S55 from the M4 and a manual. But like I said thats a 100k car.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 28, 2019

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

I'm pretty sure that's a pokemon

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I should probably talk to the dealer that called me last week and make sure they didn't lose my poo poo as I haven't seen a charge on my CC for the deposit yet.

Also I don't hate that orange.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

While I slagged, and continue to slag, the C8 for the Yard o' Buttons, if they actually bring that to market in the $60k range, I don't see how that's anything other than a game changer -- both for current supercars and for used 'vettes. Man, there are some really $$$ 'vettes from the past few years that I don't see how they hold their value, when most performance metrics are outclassed by the C8. It'll be interesting to watch.

And does anyone have info on how many remaining new C7s are in stock? Those became immediate turds that are going to drop like a rock in value, but with that, could be a great buy... especially once the C8s hit the lots.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Finally.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Although the Corvette team has known for decades mid-engine was the way to go. I honestly think the Fiero was nerfed for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

GM is/was an interesting corporation when dealing with divisions.