Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I envision 80s GM like that old Die Hard arcade game. You start at the bottom of the building and must head to the CEO’s office. Along the way you must fight off/compromise with 400 middle managers and accountants, so that by the end of it your sports car ends up with an Iron Duke and suspension from a Pontiac 6000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t mind the interior.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Frond posted:

I envision 80s GM like that old Die Hard arcade game. You start at the bottom of the building and must head to the CEO’s office. Along the way you must fight off/compromise with 400 middle managers and accountants, so that by the end of it your sports car ends up with an Iron Duke and suspension from a Pontiac 6000.

92 horsepower should be plenty for anyone.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think the early versions had even less than that.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I know there is not a ton of love for Donut Media,

But they got a gorgeous Blue Vette. It looks amazing with the roof off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-JiQZPiIXU

Edit: Skip to 11:25 to hear the car. Sounds 1000000x better than the Leno putter around.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 30, 2019

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I can honestly say I've never seen Donut Media before, and within the first 15 seconds, that guy is loving insufferable.

Nice car, though. Watch it on mute, I guess?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
He has one good joke about never seeing a proud dad, but otherwise dude sucks. There are some good exterior and interior shots. I am so conflicted on the Climate controls. I really want to see them in person.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah that guy is horrible, that was painful to watch.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheFonz posted:

Edit: Skip to 11:25 to hear the car. Sounds 1000000x better than the Leno putter around.

that guy sucks rear end

but extreme lol @ gm at 11:02 where you can see the misalignment between the button sail and the dash stitching, its awful

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I have never wanted to punch someone in the face as much as that guy after watching 2 minutes of that video.

Even more than that 9/11 truther I ran into.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

92 horsepower should be plenty for anyone.

I challenge you to find a car that came with a duke that stopped running before the car rusted away and just left a running engine in the middle of the road.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Elephanthead posted:

I challenge you to find a car that came with a duke that stopped running before the car rusted away and just left a running engine in the middle of the road.

Indeed American communities are full of vehicles driving around with Iron Duke's still.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

to pay appropriate tribute to its fiero underpinnings the new vette really should have used two Tech IVs in a U8 config

you could get a whole 220 hp out of that rig probably

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

to pay appropriate tribute to its fiero underpinnings the new vette really should have used two Tech IVs in a U8 config

you could get a whole 220 hp out of that rig probably

I desperately want to stuff an Iron Duke into a totaled C7 or C6 chassis and take it to a ChumpCar or LeMons race. Keep the original TBI from the 80’s to make it as nightmarish as possible.

Tech inspection and competitors would be furious until they got a load of the iron-blocked god beneath.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It took a bit, but the exterior look is growing on me fast. I'll still probably never buy one (until I'm 60 :v:) but it's pretty neat for the price.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how every article and video about the new Corvette has specifically points out that it can fit two golf bags in the trunk. GM must have required that in order to get access.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how every article and video about the new Corvette has specifically points out that it can fit two golf bags in the trunk. GM must have required that in order to get access.

more like people know corvette owners' priorities

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'll wait a few years for the rush and kinks to get worked out, but I think I will probably end up buying one.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

TheFonz posted:

I thought you all were joking about this guy, but -~THE ALGORITHM~- suggested this video to me and I'll be damned if I didn't turn it off in less than 30 seconds. What an insufferable poo poo nozzle.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I seem to recall awhile ago donut getting recommended when they had just launched. The "Everything You Need to Know About" series was pretty cool for largely accurate history of a brand/model. They have their shtick and certainly stick to it, but yeah, I'm over it.

That said, I'm interested to see how this new vette pans out, but likely wont get one.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Every comment section and every discussion I see is either full of nonsense, hate or just straight up made up info that someone heard somewhere.

And mad old dudes still.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bird cooch posted:

Every comment section and every discussion I see is either full of nonsense, hate or just straight up made up info that someone heard somewhere.

And mad old dudes still.

The internet is a mistake.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Had lunch today with a 65+ year old retired guy, who's a total harley and car guy. C8 came up and I was curious to hear his opinion.

He said "C2 is still my dream car, but why the hell they didn't do this years ago is beyond me. It's about loving time. gently caress the assholes that hate it."

Amen brother.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah, as I talk to more people in the target market for those basically anyone who's legit passionate about the iron is really embracing this change. I can see it being an effective litmus for telling the good older car guys from the douchey ones, at least for a while.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm actually wondering about the depreciation curve on this.

Wish they would do the spoiler delete with the Z51.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I can’t imagine it will hold value terribly well since they’re making so many of them.

Looks like a local dealer is having one for display September 6th, although I haven’t decided if I want to see it since traffic in that direction will be pretty bad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It's big...like 6 inches longer than a C7 (Probably for the golf club thing).

I dunno, in some colors it looks really good. Elkhart Blue looks drat good.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's big...like 6 inches longer than a C7 (Probably for the golf club thing).

I dunno, in some colors it looks really good. Elkhart Blue looks drat good.

It’s longer because they can’t cram the engine halfway into the passenger compartment like they were doing to make the earlier ones a mid-front engine layout. The rear overhang appears to be dictated by the transmission, not the cargo compartment.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Everyone knows that the passenger holds their own golf clubs in their lap.

Who am I kidding, your clubs ride shotgun and there is no passenger.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Why don't these clowns just have their clubs stored at the country clubs? :smuggo:

Unless...

Public courses?!

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wish they would do the spoiler delete with the Z51.
Same, but I bet it’s just stuck on with double sided tape like the pep boys trash it looks like.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Black on red base model next to a BMW

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My son showed me the youtube video of that yesterday. Guy with the Supra went to a Chevy dealer and ordered a C8, then drove to Bowling Green so he could see one in the flesh. The Vette doesn't look good in black imo.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
You wouldn't happen to have a link or a name would you?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Stradman.

Guy is insufferable. Not Donut Media guy bad, but more normal youtube dillhole.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah the guy was super annoying but my son likes him because of all the exotics he's around......He showed me one video where the guy came upon a super rare Pagani at some auto show, I think it was a one-off maybe? But it was worth like 15 million and loving amazing.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

TheFonz posted:

Stradman.

Guy is insufferable. Not Donut Media guy bad, but more normal youtube dillhole.

Holy poo poo that guy sucks.

I do think the C8 looks excellent in black though.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
Donut guy annoying? Try watching a Shmee150 video.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

lDDQD posted:

Donut guy annoying? Try watching a Shmee150 video.

Even in static images shmee just oozes a 'greasy self-aggrandising ringpiece' vibe.

Donut may be annoying but you at least understand they're playing a part. Shmee is just that guy 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

bird cooch posted:

Black on red base model next to a BMW

They're blocking the EV charger.