Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That does look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 4, 2020

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

In a C&D interview the lead engineer said they gave the C8 all seasons due to owner demand. Owners didn't want the hassle of changing tires once the weather got cold or there was a bit of snow on the ground.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

lDDQD posted:

Donut guy annoying? Try watching a Shmee150 video.

I don't know what it is about him, but he seems like a prick yet I still will watch him.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

net work error posted:

They're blocking the EV charger.

Guy buys newly-released sports car; is a dillhole; news at 11.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah the Supra is technically a BMW, so BMW drivers and all that :v:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

In a C&D interview the lead engineer said they gave the C8 all seasons due to owner demand. Owners didn't want the hassle of changing tires once the weather got cold or there was a bit of snow on the ground.

This is the most corvette-owner thing I've ever heard.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Shmee150 summed up in a quote: At the end of the day supercars arent unreachable. It all depends on a persons commitment and enthusiasm. As with anything, hard work and dedication will get you to the top.

I'm sure it didn't hurt that his family founded Burton's menswear and still holds a significant stake in the business.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
guillotines with every C8

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Has libertywalk ruined one yet?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Apollo posted:

Refuses to drive car in the rain.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

It's not like they'll see snow anyway.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
I see a bunch of crashed corvettes being towed away every winter over here. I actually kinda want to get a C8 myself, but I'll wait for the inevitable AWD variant.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Minto Took posted:

It's not like they'll see snow anyway.

I daily drive my C6, and the place I worked at in North Carolina when I bought it never cancelled for snow because the company was headquartered in Wichita, so all the Kansan managers were spouting "it's just a little snow, you can't handle it? :smug:"

I drove that fucker to work on a solid sheet of ice, because that's what snow in the south is, and laughed at all the cars in the ditch with Kansas plates.

Then I nearly binned it at 3 miles an hour in the parking lot.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

vOv I've only ever seen them in the summertime around where I am. Apologies for generalizing.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

What a waste. Even just on rainy roads it's an exercise in how much you can keep the traction control light off. At least in a manual.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Are they at least not run flat tires, or are those just standard on every higher end car now? I have no idea if that trend died out or not.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

bird cooch posted:

What a waste. Even just on rainy roads it's an exercise in how much you can keep the traction control light off. At least in a manual.

They claim the car hits over 1.0g on the skid pad even on the all seasons, so it cant be all bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Preoptopus posted:

Has libertywalk ruined one yet?

Give them time. They have to measure it all for bolt on arches and lovely LED lights on the front bumper.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bird cooch posted:

Wont be a problem in a c8.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That's what all-season tires will do to you on the inside of a mountain road turn. Scrubbed just a liiiiiitle wide.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

zooming around the LA hills?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Airbag test successful

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ultimate Mango posted:

Airbag test successful

At least for the passenger. Or maybe a RHD unit.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ahh there it is, I remember seeing almost exactly the same photo here when the C7 was in this stage of its lifecycle :allears:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Guess I see the next Samcrac video.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

*sets up copart RSS alert and puts sawzall batteries on the charger*

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I call dibs on the LT2.

Seems like it clipped the Ranger (?) and/or some chevy SUV thing that now appears to be missing the rear axle. There were a bunch of gopros so there should be enough evidence to figure this one out!

https://jalopnik.com/this-looks-like-the-first-public-c8-corvette-crash-1837127259?jwsource=cl

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

NumbersMatching320 posted:

*sets up copart RSS alert and puts sawzall batteries on the charger*

It's rear wheel drive do you even need two steer tires?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Looks like someone rammed into them. Engineering model.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I enjoy Donut Media and get what Pumphrey is doing. Come at me nerds.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Coredump posted:

I enjoy Donut Media and get what Pumphrey is doing. Come at me nerds.

It just screams "trying too hard" and is kinda sad, tbh.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

meatpimp posted:

My sex life.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

meatpimp posted:

According to social blade they've 20x'd their sub count the past two years. Youtube is a primarily a business to them and they're doing a lot more right than wrong.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Honestly it's really just Pumphery that's bad, Donut's other hosts are fine. Except that douche in the hat, glad they canned his stupid top 10 lists.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Pumphery is fine. This reminds me of the Doug Demuro hate all over again, who is also fine. Also for a thread devoted to the C8 Corvette maybe spend less time on Donut Media. Also in before someone says "no u first".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well it's subjective, not objective, and my opinion is the guy is an annoying asshat :shrug:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well it's subjective, not objective, and my opinion is the guy is an annoying asshat :shrug:

Agreed. Doug is formulaic, but he doesn't go out of his way to be a compete asshat.

I can't wait to see the C8 invasion here on Cape Cod, the aging Boomer's seemingly 2nd favorite vacation spot. Only Vegas will be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I could watch Doug all day long before that other guy for sure.

Also Florida might have you beat there, the amount of Corvettes here is ridiculous.