Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I've been reading Chinese fightman webnovel isekai … some of it is ok? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RatHat posted:

This series keeps getting hornier and hornier

Sir I read one chapter. IT is maximum horny as is for food and possibly butts, mostly food

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

if a character from regular mundane Earth ends up in a setting that's not regular mundane Earth, it's isekai

Planet of the Apes counts for the same reason Now and Then, Here and There counts- far-future hosed up Earth is not regular mundane Earth. Dr. Stone counts for this reason too, though the sheer number of people getting isekai'd makes it an oddball one (though there's precedent for this with, like, the 1632 books).

FFX isn't isekai because the transportation is fantasy world -> fantasy world.

I dunno if I would count doctor stone since canonically they did not travel. They were there, the entire time... aware(unless deciding to fall asleep.)... trapped in stone.

Like would you call someone who in a sci-fi setting who takes a shuttle to the moon Isekai'ing?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Is there an Isekai about someone who goes to another world and gets superpowers and a harem of women slaving over them and an overall awesome life but spends the manga desperately trying to find a way home because they have family and loved ones that they care about very much and want to see again

In Reverend Insanity one of the top ranked guys of history was also an isekai who just wanted to go home and be a mecha pilot again.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Argas posted:

I will second TKA though it's just a MMO and there's no VR.

tl;dr: People play these games and are being paid to play it, these are the stories of the top player's journey back to the peak.

TKA's wacky-rear end game design is because it's trying to be a dramatic PVP game with a very large and active esports scene. It's trying to adapt the feeling of watching a fighting game round that usually won't last more than a minute into multi-page scenes and does it by stretching the amount of time it takes to do poo poo, leading to people fighting for ten minutes straight and poo poo.

But more than game design, there's a lot of silly and serious ingame PVE/PVP drama due to camping, killstealing, etc. It also delves into the esports scene and the commercialization of a hobby, though it doesn't really care about the consequences. It reminds me of the xianxia "I Shall Seal the Heavens" and "A Will Eternal" in that there's tons of shenanigans and underhanded stuff pulled by the protagonist, though not being a xianxia TKA doesn't really go down to the same lows of rear end in a top hat/trash behavior. It's still just a MMO at the end of the day.

Since I actively do PVP in a MMO... sometimes I do have fights that go on for 10 or more minutes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Goes wherever people trapped in dungeons go when they shut down I guess.

Dungeons are really more either extradimensional prisons or in the case of that specific one I think it was the Demons Homeworld… so presumably they keep on living their best lives in the post-apoc wasteland he created.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/41850/ihoujin-dungeon-ni-moguru
"It was in 1946 that Earth learned of the existence of other worlds. As expected, many countries immediately tried to send people into the other world, hoping to obtain vital resources or mystical treasures. None of them came back.

And to be fair, Souya never expected to be one of those explorers. But here he was, accepting an offer by a shady company to get enough money to save his little sister. Launched into another world, he soon finds that his journey will be a hard one - not only have his teammates gone missing, but a majority of his food and weapons supply was destroyed in the transfer"

It's only four chapters but it seems alright.
I really liked the first chapter but then everything starts getting way too easy for him. Very strong opening, though.

I wouldn't say easy for him.

Pretty good so far, hope it continues like so.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Galvanik posted:

Does "cultivator" mean something specific for this genre?

I've seen this word come up a few times lately in relation to isekai but have gone several years without seeing it at all.

Pretty much it mean magical punchwizards who turn their bodies into unstable magical reactors that are one step away from just blowing up at any time and taking out a large chunk of the continent.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Except it's never as fun as this description makes it sound.

Pretty much. I should have added. OVERLY SERIOUS to that mix.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

on WolfSo with the people appearing and disappearing... did he isekei from his world into another world that is actually a vrmmo?

Lecan is a good chill bro and I like the concept so far.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Thats a pretty good cheat ability to be honest.

CAPITALISM HO!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

I know how you feel. These days I'm just happy when the first issue is about immediately buying a sex slave and committing a war crime so I don't have to get my hopes up.

What if the mc buys a sex slave but instead of sex turns them into a guerilla fighter and does war crimes on the slavers with them?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's still buying and keeping a slave.

If they are free to go but willingly want to murder the gently caress out of the slavers?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

there have been a few where some random monster was stronger than the heroes. the oddest of them is the one where that monster wipes out the party except for the hero's pregnant gf and ends up as an adoptive father.

I read where where it was one of the demon lords 4 commanders who was actually supposed to JOB to the heroes and get a glorious afterlife of luxury out of the bargain, but the heroes were so terrible they wiped themselves out except the caster lady who the hero had knocked up and the hero and party were being pretty terrible to tbh. So dragon guy is like "I will raise this child! TO KILL ME!"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

The one about the guy in the plains is Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama. She's 15 and he's 35 at the start, and as you mentioned he's 100% against doing anything with her until she's of-age because he's a good guy almost to a fault. It would otherwise 100% be considered wholesome as it doesn't have any issues with slavery, misogyny, or even a lot of the indiscriminate murders. Frankly I really wish they would do a time skip because her age hasn't really been any kind of major plot point, except to make the readers feel a little weirded out when it does pop up.

Personally my bar for wholesome is pretty low, which is probably due to how dire this genre can be at times. All I want is no misogyny, no buying/keeping slaves by the MC, and the horny to be kept between consenting adults.

I think it was really a deliberate choice for the ages because it is meant to illustrate cultural differences, I believe in her culture, SHE is considered a fully grown and functional adult woman. Not saying from my personal cultural perspective I would have the same view, but I have to take courses of cultural competency as part of my job, and part of that is to always remember that different cultures have different viewpoints and we should not try to impose our personal viewpoints on other people.

Also there are mysterious magical rear end sheep. The Sheep decide their leadership via a singing contest

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 17, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

khy posted:

https://w2.swordkingstory.com/ - Survival Story of a Sword King in a Fantasy World. TL;DR - Dude is summoned to isekai land, but when 'god' or whomever is installing his cheats they encounter a glitch. He gets stuck in tutorial mode for like, 20 years - during which he cannot level up past level 5. God eventually finds out and dumps him into the world thinking at level 5 he's to weak and will just die, but turns out that 20 years fighting in the tutorial world gave him crazy stupid strength. The add in some really interesting poo poo about Isekai'ed people being drug-crazed murderers, level restrictions on everyday items that results in stupid funny poo poo, and the MC definitely being broke-brained suppressed PTSD for living 20 years in a nightmare hellworld of nonstop violence and murder means someday he will very, very likely snap in a horrific fashion.

Sword King is pretty great, it provides some very good plot, also the reason he has stupid power is tutorial world matched him to an appropriate opponent dog every day or something. So every single day he would have to fight something basically just below his level. Also the god is the god of evil and hate who summoned them all, and keeps throwing waves of kidnapped humans at this other world because eventually he will win he figures

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

someone whose mind travels back in time, replacing their younger self.

Basically, they get to Groundhog Day isekai until they GET THINGS RIGHT

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Guyver posted:

Crazy Demon is great. Thanks. To me Zaha hits just the right level of dick head to generally awful people that you never feel bad for them.

Haven't started on the other two yet but Max Level is fun too.

Mostly because Zaha is not a complete poo poo, and does not kill people without really having a good reason for doing so, Crazy Demon is also on I think Webtoon for legitimate reading purposes, or Tapas.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

I really dig this one too, and I guess I'd say, "Does he though?" He's certainly not reading the books he's giving out. I'm imagining that what he's reading is vaguely about the world, but only in a way he can comprehend.

I read it as he is perception of the reality he is in is altered by the contract he made to GET all the books ever

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Found this at my job (I work at a Barnes and Noble)

“You got BDSM in my Minecraft isekai!”

“You got Minecraft in my BDSM isekai!”

Please don't bring those up, I somehow get stuck on those every time inventory comes up

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah it was either Undead Adventurer which was always consistently good or it MIGHT HAVE BEEN Skeleton Knight in Another World since people REALLY liked that he very brutally killed slavers and rapists with gusto which was always a welcome change of things given how slavery gets used in isekai so that might have been the reason for the positive recommendations. Skeleton Soldier also got brought up, but yeah it had a "Girl in Fridge" issue pretty much every time a female character got introduced as well as the gay stereotype thing.

Edit: I dropped Skeleton Soldier fairly early due to the fridging thing so I dunno how it goes in later chaps.

I dropped it a while ago after binging to the current at the time, Girls still get fridged but how his timeloops works is pretty strange and interesting. And also pretty much the skeleton knows he needs to be 1. far stronger, and 2. have far more information on the actual state of the world in order to avoid the girls getting killed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I just read an isekai comic on webtoon called Saving a Mercenary Unit from Bankruptcy.

Features
Korean Corporate Consultant Lady gets Isekai'd though she isn't sure why, turns out that getting Isekai'd is common enough that someone literally wrote a book about it in her world.
World she lands in knows about Isekai's already, and is rescued by this merc group who are literally suffering from Financial planning that you would find in a Dril Tweet. I kept reading as soon as I saw the budget item for candles.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Props to Greatest Estate Developer for putting some actual muscles on the "only uses archery" elves.

Props for Javier just being able to Annihilate the MC's soul at will

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

That's the only other series I read on Webtoon, though honestly I felt like it's grown a little stale ever since the eSports arc. Still a decent read though.

Its not terrible, a little stale but I just munch the free chapter every week and continue on.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fellis posted:

It's exactly isekai, but it's VRMMO power-fantasy: Shangri-La Frontier

https://mangadex.org/title/29ab6984-7c1d-4d45-b925-25aa082b492e/shangri-la-frontier-kusoge-hunter-kamige-ni-idoman-to-su?tab=chapters

Plot premise is that the MC has played so many trash VR games with terrible mechanics and bugs, that when he plays a VR game with good mechanics he's godlike at it. It also doesn't stick with the main game all the time, there are a few arcs where he plays other stuff

e: it's been awhile so i skimmed the first few chapters and i think it takes a bit for them to get mechanic dumpy in an interesting way. I think it's a great read and is more interesting than a lot of other stuff in the same genre

english cut off at chapter 12 and I feel loving ROBBED

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fellis posted:

Shangri-La Frontier has a tournament arc going on, but its pretty dope and the newest chapters are about the ex-PK psychopath character getting to play as a villian in an immersive fighting game/superhero simulator. I’d link examples but there’s nothing that’s great standalone, its just one page after the other

https://mangadex.org/title/29ab6984-7c1d-4d45-b925-25aa082b492e/shangri-la-frontier-kusoge-hunter-kamige-ni-idoman-to-su

Pretty dope and the anime should be coming out in a few months

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GateOfD posted:

there's a similar one.
setting is a towers thing where people have to battle up the floors. With a regression setting.

So within the MC, is all the paths he took. Warrior/mage/alchemist ect. Along with the many path, even though its the same kind, they all have different ending personalities and experiences. And the MC can draw on experiences and skills from them (but he doesn't know it, they all reside in his head in a kind of roundtable format) and try to subconsciously guide him to build resonance with their path to lend their skills. Pretty sure all of them met a dead end, and this one is the current run.

I swear I read this one at some point but I don't remember the name, I think he has like a magical brand on his hand that is what activates the spell to call on the previous incarnations, the only problem is that his is made of cancer causing materials or something.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

new cancer grandpa isekai

I really like their artstyle. it's clean, relatively simple, and detailed where it matters.

I wonder if they're about to recruit the elf into the group. also, I love the meatheadedness of the grandpa, insisting on throwing everyone to consider fights finished

This is so far very cute, meatheaded, and also wholesome so far.

arch-nemesis: SLIME

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Elite posted:

Sometimes it’s done okay. When the gods/constellations/whatever are powerful forces manipulating mortals to advance their own unknowable objectives and agendas.

Other times it’s trash when the constellations are basically twitch chat losers who either constantly astonished by the MC or just get scammed over and over.

I like the one what is it called? "Return to Player" Where he won, but he got the bad ending as the sole survivor and went back to make things better the second time around, Where his actions actually cause changes in the script that he has to deal with, and even though he is drat powerful via knowing things in advance and knowing how to do things properly, he can still get utterly wrecked by you know Forgetting to give his yandere bloodcrazed berserker girlfriend sufficient headpats.

KittyEmpress posted:

Trash is annoying because the MC gets all these op treasures and surrounds himself in the strongest people and still acts like a pitiful coward expecting his death if it becomes open combat ever. (at least as far as I saw) constantly trying to fight against death flags he's long since surpassed in strength.

Estate Developer the MC learns a bunch of OP crap and he realizes he's pretty dang strong, just not at main character level, but still far stronger than he would need to be to survive. Instead he keeps seeing explicit visions of the future showing him how things are still gonna go bad for his family, even after deviating from the script so much

I get really tired of stories that are like 'I'm fated to die so I have to panic and keep avoiding every death flag' even as they clearly have become either super strong or friends with everyone who is meant to one day kill them, or both.

This one is also good, the MC gets to be strong but not overwhelmingly so and also the take on elves and orcs in the story is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GateOfD posted:

im hot and cold with Surviving the Game as a Barbarian. MC doesn't seem very OP and always seem the underdog, so has to use wit and schemes to survive.
but its tiring when the rest of the world has 'idiotic jerk' syndrome where they have to act like assholes like an illness to bother the MC when most of the time if they just ignore him, they wouldn't keep getting owned. Granted, I know it is the formula, but wish it had more fitness. Since its a dungeon crawling/adventurer guild setting setting, its literally all there is.

I've been following it and there are some reasons for this happening. One is that basically the world itself is... gone, the only way to get resources for survival for society as a whole is through the dungeon and harvesting the monsters. To the point where they will execute anyone who doesn't pay enough taxes each year, taxes which go up... each year. Add to that the fact that there is a black market that pays a lot of money for the hearts of Barbarians, and people might see him as just another resource to harvest.